Will I pass Maths?

FreeWing

Hi everyone,

I just started a major this past year and I'm so happy with it! I'm having really great grades - in fact, for most of the subjects, I've been top of my class! :biggrin: I'm really proud of what I've been accomplishing so far and to see that my efforts are actually showing in my results... :joyful:

However... :eek:

There is one subject that I'm absolutely uncertain if I will pass or not. They changed the way they evaluate us on this subject this year - they used to make little evaluation tests throughout the semester and then a final exam, but now... We only have the choice of doing the final exam. :sick: Neverthless to say, that I neglected this subject quite a bit throughout the semester because I had so many stuff to do for the other subjects and, well, pretty much not one evaluation of any kind for this one...

We had the choice to either do the exam on the 19th of January or tommorrow or even on both dates, if we failed the first one or wanted to get a better grade. Once again, I had many exams to take around the time of the first date, so I missed the first exam and decided to do it only tommorrow, so I could have a little more time to fully dedicate myself to this subject. Oh, and the subject is Maths, in case you haven't noticed the title! :sideways: For the most part, I've always been pretty good with Maths but it's something that I hadn't studied in about 2 years, and even though I still feel that I have a good mind for it, I'm not really sure on how this will turn out.

Truth be told, I pratically just started studying hard for this this past week, which was when I was completelly free from everything else. I feel that I'm understanding the topics well, but as you know... It's Maths. We need to practice. A LOT. :crying: I seriously don't know if I will make this!!! The idea of having to do it again next year doesn't scare me and I think I'd be able to actually pass this subject easily with a regular study, but in this present situation... Things aren't looking so good.

So here's the chart:

aa_zps26983378.gif

First of all, Jupiter is right on the Ascendant's cusp... I would certainly consider this as a sign of good-fortune, if it wasn't for the fact that Jupiter is detrimented. In fact, I would even consider this detrimented Jupiter right on that cusp as a possible sign of "luck turned upside down", so to speak. However, Jupiter does make a positive applying aspect to the Moon, a trine that is still yet to be exact, which could denote that, in spite of my not so hopeful situation, I might still manage to pass, even if not brilliantly. Plus Jupiter is in its own face and no longer Rx, which does add it a little more strenght than what it would normally have, being detrimented.

I am represented by Mercury in Aquarius, located in the 10th house of career matters, responsabilities and reputation, just leaving the beams of the Sun. This past combustion sure indicates my very chaotic situation towards this subject throughout the entire semester, as if I was almost "blind" to it. Jupiter receives Mercury by dignity and term, while Mercury receives Jupiter by term, which, again, could indicate another sign of luck coming my way.

I am also represented by the Moon in Libra, in the 5th house, possibly indicating that I've been dealing with my study in a creative way that is working for me. It is in its own face, plus Mercury receives this Moon by face aswell, which, again, does give me a little strenght to be able to achieve a positive grade.

This subject, plus the final exam, are represented by the 9th house, which is ruled by Saturn. Saturn is in Scorpio and located in my 6th house, which indicates that if I want to pass, I will need to make decent efforts and practice. Mercury is just leaving a square with Saturn, which is happening practically at the same time it leaves the Sun's rays, indicating position in regards to this subject throughout the semester.

Mercury receives Saturn by dignity and triplicity, while the Moon receives Saturn by exaltation, triplicity and term. I believe this may indicate that I'll probably be overconfident towards this exam, given the circumstances of this situation. On the other hand, Saturn only receives the Moon by fall... I think this is pretty much self-explanatory. :sad: It does receive Jupiter by term, neverthless, and I could aswell be represented by Jupiter, as it's so close on the cusp of the Ascendent... But this reception is very weak in regards to the one with the Moon. So I guess that if I don't pass, it won't be with an extremelly low grade... Meh, at least I have that.

There are two grand-trines present in this chart, involving on my rulers and a possibly ruler of the exam aswell - Venus, since it's relatively close to the cusp of the 9th house. The grand-trines are between Moon/Venus/Jupiter (good-luck) and Moon/Sun/Jupiter (success)... But then again, there is an upcoming square between Mercury and the North Node, within just one degree, and this could be a reflection of what my exam tommorrow turns out to be.

I'm still torn between a yes and a no... I see indications of both in this chart, but due to the reception with Saturn, the North Node aspect and a detrimented Jupiter on the Ascendant... I guess it's a no.:crying:

I'd love to know your opinions on this, please be honest. Thank you in advance!!

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi everyone,

I just started a major this past year and I'm so happy with it! I'm having really great grades - in fact, for most of the subjects, I've been top of my class! :biggrin: I'm really proud of what I've been accomplishing so far and to see that my efforts are actually showing in my results... :joyful:

However... :eek:

There is one subject that I'm absolutely uncertain if I will pass or not. They changed the way they evaluate us on this subject this year - they used to make little evaluation tests throughout the semester and then a final exam, but now... We only have the choice of doing the final exam. :sick: Neverthless to say, that I neglected this subject quite a bit throughout the semester because I had so many stuff to do for the other subjects and, well, pretty much not one evaluation of any kind for this one...

We had the choice to either do the exam on the 19th of January or tommorrow or even on both dates, if we failed the first one or wanted to get a better grade. Once again, I had many exams to take around the time of the first date, so I missed the first exam and decided to do it only tommorrow, so I could have a little more time to fully dedicate myself to this subject. Oh, and the subject is Maths, in case you haven't noticed the title! :sideways: For the most part, I've always been pretty good with Maths but it's something that I hadn't studied in about 2 years, and even though I still feel that I have a good mind for it, I'm not really sure on how this will turn out.

Truth be told, I pratically just started studying hard for this this past week, which was when I was completelly free from everything else. I feel that I'm understanding the topics well, but as you know... It's Maths. We need to practice. A LOT. :crying: I seriously don't know if I will make this!!! The idea of having to do it again next year doesn't scare me and I think I'd be able to actually pass this subject easily with a regular study, but in this present situation... Things aren't looking so good.

So here's the chart:

First of all, Jupiter is right on the Ascendant's cusp... I would certainly consider this as a sign of good-fortune, if it wasn't for the fact that Jupiter is detrimented. In fact, I would even consider this detrimented Jupiter right on that cusp as a possible sign of "luck turned upside down", so to speak. However, Jupiter does make a positive applying aspect to the Moon, a trine that is still yet to be exact, which could denote that, in spite of my not so hopeful situation, I might still manage to pass, even if not brilliantly. Plus Jupiter is in its own face and no longer Rx, which does add it a little more strenght than what it would normally have, being detrimented.

I am represented by Mercury in Aquarius, located in the 10th house of career matters, responsabilities and reputation, just leaving the beams of the Sun. This past combustion sure indicates my very chaotic situation towards this subject throughout the entire semester, as if I was almost "blind" to it. Jupiter receives Mercury by dignity and term, while Mercury receives Jupiter by term, which, again, could indicate another sign of luck coming my way.

I am also represented by the Moon in Libra, in the 5th house, possibly indicating that I've been dealing with my study in a creative way that is working for me. It is in its own face, plus Mercury receives this Moon by face aswell, which, again, does give me a little strenght to be able to achieve a positive grade.

This subject, plus the final exam, are represented by the 9th house, which is ruled by Saturn. Saturn is in Scorpio and located in my 6th house, which indicates that if I want to pass, I will need to make decent efforts and practice. Mercury is just leaving a square with Saturn, which is happening practically at the same time it leaves the Sun's rays, indicating position in regards to this subject throughout the semester.

Mercury receives Saturn by dignity and triplicity, while the Moon receives Saturn by exaltation, triplicity and term. I believe this may indicate that I'll probably be overconfident towards this exam, given the circumstances of this situation. On the other hand, Saturn only receives the Moon by fall... I think this is pretty much self-explanatory. :sad: It does receive Jupiter by term, neverthless, and I could aswell be represented by Jupiter, as it's so close on the cusp of the Ascendent... But this reception is very weak in regards to the one with the Moon. So I guess that if I don't pass, it won't be with an extremelly low grade... Meh, at least I have that.

There are two grand-trines present in this chart, involving on my rulers and a possibly ruler of the exam aswell - Venus, since it's relatively close to the cusp of the 9th house. The grand-trines are between Moon/Venus/Jupiter (good-luck) and Moon/Sun/Jupiter (success)... But then again, there is an upcoming square between Mercury and the North Node, within just one degree, and this could be a reflection of what my exam tommorrow turns out to be.

I'm still torn between a yes and a no... I see indications of both in this chart, but due to the reception with Saturn, the North Node aspect and a detrimented Jupiter on the Ascendant... I guess it's a no.:crying:

I'd love to know your opinions on this, please be honest. Thank you in advance!!

Jupiter is exactly conjunct the Ascendant, in its detriment and stationed, actually today. In addition to being in its detriment, according to Frawley, a planet's stationing is a time of great weakness and vulnerability and that only the most extenuating circumstances will render it capable of function at such times.

For what is worth, Frawley also identifies the question, "Will I pass the exam?" as a form of profit from knowledge, the 9th, and thus the domain of the 10th house. Your significator in the 10th then seems significant beyond being angular.

But the truth is, I think the condition of Jupiter on the Ascendant points to a very likely "no."

FreeWing

Yes Ilene, I think so too... :sad:
Thank you for having a look at the chart!

I'll have my exam in some hours from now, I'll let you know how it went.
Although the answer won't probably be that positive... :sick:

FreeWing

OMG, I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY MOLY!!!!!! How did this happen!!!!!!! Oh my, I'm so happy!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

IleneK

Premium Member
OMG, I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY MOLY!!!!!! How did this happen!!!!!!! Oh my, I'm so happy!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well, congratulations and thank you for letting the forum know. Perhaps your strength in the matter was reflected in Frawley's suggestion of the 10th representing the exam, and your significator positioned that angular house...

FreeWing

Well, congratulations and thank you for letting the forum know. Perhaps your strength in the matter was reflected in Frawley's suggestion of the 10th representing the exam, and your significator positioned that angular house...

Yes, it could be! Thanks for helping me with this chart IleneK, it was not an easy one. :wink: