10th house sign and planets therein question

Jesusistheway

I already had a thread on a question about my own chart and I don't mean to have that many posts again, but I never really understood the characteristics of having Mars and Saturn conjunct in the 10th house in the sign of Scorpio? Mars could mean military, physical, criminal justice jobs especially with scorpio being there. Or investigative jobs. But I'm into any of that stuff. That is not my passion. My passion is music, spirituality, and advocating for the less fortunate. I don't see that having any connection to the career section of my chart? Could those placements also mean a physical job like drumming? And how do we look to the rulers of the signs for more info. The only other thing I was thinking was that Pluto rules Scorpio and Pluto in the 9th, could that have a connection to a career? It doesn't say anything. I just wanted to know. I haven't decided on anything yet and yet I'm still being productive somewhat.

Geez! 40 views and no one knows!

Last edited:

MerDesRoses

"Jesus", I don't think we have to stereotype the planets function (there's no theme about it).
Following what you say, your 10th house must be in Scorpio. In that way, your ambitions are aimed to personal and emotional needs. So, you must follow a vocation that gives you a personal feeling moving yourself. In that case, you can take model to idols you have (cos Scorpio ruling this house gives you the need to believe and to be part of that models).

As far as your planets here, Mars and Saturn do not give a militar career as engineer or a doctor in law neccesarily. In fact, there are in an emotional sign, so your vocation is more personal than a materialist one.
Mars in conjunction with Saturn says you must find a career that let you be free and individualist to carry on with a personal duty of yourself. In short, you need to be free and disciplined in your profession with an intimate mission.

Your Pluto in 9th says your profession is ubicated in foreign champs, foreign countries or simply unknown themes to yourself. Your profession is inspired by what is unknown or far away for us (beliefs, travels, philosophy, etc.) You need be aware about your beliefs to build your professional life.

Your key words here must be compromise, individualism and structure.

P.S: your Pluto should be in Libra, so that explains too much also (about artistic needs)

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

An alternate way to interpret vocation from the natal chart is to use the natural significators as given by Lilly, namely Mercury, Venus, and Mars. He describes the method in Christian Astrology Book 3, but since the topic of your thread is the 10th house, I won't post it here, unless you request it. Let me know.

Arian Maverick

I already had a thread on a question about my own chart and I don't mean to have that many posts again, but I never really understood the characteristics of having Mars and Saturn conjunct in the 10th house in the sign of Scorpio? Mars could mean military, physical, criminal justice jobs especially with scorpio being there. Or investigative jobs. But I'm into any of that stuff. That is not my passion. My passion is music, spirituality, and advocating for the less fortunate. I don't see that having any connection to the career section of my chart? Could those placements also mean a physical job like drumming? And how do we look to the rulers of the signs for more info. The only other thing I was thinking was that Pluto rules Scorpio and Pluto in the 9th, could that have a connection to a career? It doesn't say anything. I just wanted to know. I haven't decided on anything yet and yet I'm still being productive somewhat.

I regard the tenth house as indicating a "higher calling," but this may not manifest in the kind of job for which we earn an income; for this, I would look to the sixth house.

An alternate way to interpret vocation from the natal chart is to use the natural significators as given by Lilly, namely Mercury, Venus, and Mars. He describes the method in Christian Astrology Book 3, but since the topic of your thread is the 10th house, I won't post it here, unless you request it. Let me know.

Eternalautumn, would you mind posting this information in another thread, or if someone already has done so, guide me to this thread? I am very interested in these traditional significators.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

Sure, AM. :smile:

Another note: The Greeks called the 10th house "Praxis", which means "what you do". We think that they meant this like anything you do in life, your actions, (karma). And the authority aspect of the house? Well, what you do rules who you are, at least in the eyes of the Greek astrologers...