10th house with afflicted Sun

devalight

I would be interested in hearing some opinions about the significance of the sun and moon both being in the 10th house. Does anyone else have a stellium or the Sun and Moon in the 10th? In my case the sun is afflicted and is the apex of a T-square. The moon makes a lot of aspects to the other planets. The moon is conjunct the midheaven with venus.

Does this mean that there are ambitions and possibilities for leadership in a career, but they are not going to be achieved? What are some planetary aspects that would indicate a difficult time in the workplace?

Data for the chart:
DOB: 7/14/58
Place: Spokane, Washington
Time: 10:00 a.m.

Thanks for your input.

Devalight

wilsontc

Staff member
emotions

devalight,

I am a holistic astrologer, so I look at the "big picture" in the chart. In this chart I see Cancer (home, also emotions) modifying Sun (self-expression) and Moon (home, also emotions) conjunct Midheaven (outer world) all focused in the 10th house (duty, also restriction, structure, responsible). This indicates this person could be emotional about their duty in life and be concerned about what they "should" be doing in their life. This emotion might feel very restrictive to them. Instead, they can use their abilities to structure their emotions in some way, so their emotions can help them get what they want (Venus (physical, also desires) conjunct Midheaven). The challenge is that opportunities to structure their emotions provided by the outer world might be interpreted as restrictive. This challenge can be overcome by seeing all the "restrictions" in the outer world as "structuring" opportunities.

Emotionally structured,

Tim

Mary

I have Sun in taurus in the 10th, opposed jupiter in scoprio in the 4th (ruler of 6th and 7th), semisquare venus (sun´s dispositor), inconjunct mars (lord of MC).

I´m really concerned about 10th matter, profesional, vocational concern. I´m pursuing a performance career, I have serious doubts about having conditions for this career, that´s because my 4th stellium, with saturn opposed mc.

Mary

Last edited:

I have an Aquarian 10th sun that is very very conjunct a retrograde mercury, opposed by retrograde saturn in the 4t/cancer and Uranus in the 7th/scorpio. I find that my career has never quite worked out. I always have problems with getting work and keeping it because of others' decisions. I also feel now that I have gotten married, I'm always trying to juggle marriage and work and it actually makes me feel guilty being away from my partner. I also wasn't keen to move away from home in my yonger days because my parents didn't want me to leave.

devalight

Thanks Tim, Mary and 23. I am just puzzled by the interpretation given in books that the Sun in the 10th, especially with the Moon is a good placement for being world famous or very successful in one's career.

23, what you said about not being keen to move away from home also applies to me. I wonder about the influence of Saturn really being a factor in this. But my retrograde Saturn is in opposition to the midheaven, rather than to the sun. No encouragement was given by my parents to "go get a job" or "what do you want to do" or anything like that. This must be my Capricorn in the 4th house. I was encouraged instead to go to college, and did (Venus in the 9th) but graduated still not knowing what to do. Some really bleak years followed in a bad marriage (Venus opposition Saturn).

So the issues of career have loomed very large for me. My parents, I think like a lot of their generation (1950's), assumed I would find someone to marry who would take care of me. After all, it worked for them.

Maybe I am changing subjects a bit, but does Virgo on the ascendant with a Cancer sun ever get over being fired? I was fired from a positon 3 years ago, and what a heavy weight it has been (emotion, yes Tim)!

Devalight

devalight said:
23, what you said about not being keen to move away from home also applies to me. I wonder about the influence of Saturn really being a factor in this. But my retrograde Saturn is in opposition to the midheaven, rather than to the sun. No encouragement was given by my parents to "go get a job" or "what do you want to do" or anything like that. This must be my Capricorn in the 4th house. I was encouraged instead to go to college, and did (Venus in the 9th) but graduated still not knowing what to do. Some really bleak years followed in a bad marriage (Venus opposition Saturn).

So the issues of career have loomed very large for me. My parents, I think like a lot of their generation (1950's), assumed I would find someone to marry who would take care of me. After all, it worked for them.

That's very much what I received from my mum. She was happy for me to get any job, then basically marry and have a few kids and build a 2 storey home. My dad on the other hand was keen for me to go to uni and not work in a factory like he did. As I have said in another post, I see Saturn as my mother as she was the dominant parent and disciplinarian and my dad was more of a supporter of mine, much like a mother. My parents, but in particular my mum, always wanted me to stay in my hometown and never move for work. I ended up moving for my partner's career though which still doesn't sit quite right with my parents and in particular my mum.

I think in my case, it probably an opposition between saturn in the fourth (home and parents) and sun (my person/ego) in the 10th and likewise as you say, the MC in your case simply replaces my sun and you have the same opposition with saturn! So in your case, maybe your parents were holding you back in your career but not necessarily repressing your personality, unlike in my case, where it might be just a general repression of my person, which is for me to identify through my work and its repression of this. Hope that makes sense.

I like you, have venus in the 9th and in saggitarius. This like you probably drove me to uni to simply study and learn, rather than actually get a profession. Jupiter on my ASC help too.

Last edited:

Mary

Hi! I´m here again,

I´m seem to be in a similar sitation...

I have satun, pluto and jupiter in the 4th (all of them Rx), Saturn is opposed my Mc, Jupiter is in opposition to my Taurus Sun. Venus is the dispositor of all the planets in the 4th (actually jupiter´s dispositor but pluto is in libra, so therefore,...) and is my chart´s ruler dispositor and sun...So summing up venus, my final dispositor is in Pisces in House 9th.

I wanted to become a guitar teacher since I was 15-16 years old, my parents, specially my mom were so againt that idea, that I finally ended up at 18 studying at college sth I didn´t love, but I took me less than 6 months to realize that I should confront my parents and make them see that I had to study what I love: music.

The fact is that I don´t see music as a "profesion" "career" but sth very well realted to what I am so actually becoming a musician is becoming to "be" what I am.

I hope I can make my dream reality!

Mary