Is Belief In Reincarnation Required?

Zuri

I do think that astrology has some really good insights. It is dead-on regarding my personality, and the life challenges that I face. However, I do not believe in reincarnation. Are these two positions possible to hold in astrology?

Moog

I do think that astrology has some really good insights. It is dead-on regarding my personality, and the life challenges that I face. However, I do not believe in reincarnation. Are these two positions possible to hold in astrology?

No, but it is a logical extension, in my opinion.

Puregenius

You bring up a GOOD question. I don't think belief is required, what is required is an understanding that we are all being governed by a much higher power. Not to say God per se, but the stars and a divine order that cannot be changed.

dr. farr

In my opinion, certainly these 2 positions can be held; personally I accept reincarnation, but astrology per se does not require a belief in that outlook and many astrologers (ancient and modern) don't accept the reincarnation belief system.

Frank

Personally, I don't use the word "belief" whist dealing with astrology - or just about anything else. I'd rather rely on evidence, experience, and skill rather than anything so subjective as belief. Beliefs are inherently subjective. And do not require proofs or objectivity.

As far as reincarnation goes, I have no direct recalled personal experience of it myself - but I don't discount the possibility that others might have those experiences.

Nothing that is a "belief" is required - unless of course one chooses a path wherein belief in a certain thing or concept is required for acceptance into that particular path due to the specific dogma mandated by those who define the path.

Since I prefer the road less - or even hardly ever - traveled, I need not follow the rules nor pay the tolls of those who tend the major highways.