Been looking at my chart TOO much.

I need some fresh eyes. Hello, AW! I'm here for what everyone else probably is. Career not looking good, love not good, doom, all doom. :lol:

I have a stellium (I think) in my 7th but my North node in the first. I can't tell if this is a 'well duh' moment or not? I'm a Sun/Moon Virgo and don't have anything except the NN in the 1st. I gathered this means I should look to Aquarius' ruler for more info.

Well Saturn and Uranus are all conjuncting in the 10th.....le sigh

Lately my emotions have been going haywire and I don't know what the culprit is. My brain is extrapolating so much doom from looking at my chart for this long. Trouble with my identity, my direction, finding out my life's mission seems so far away.

Can anyone give any insight as to how I can reconcile these seemingly opposing forces in my everyday life?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_s.21117.6389.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_s.21117.6389.gif
    50.1 KB · Views: 45

FROG

You seem to be asking two questions.
1. Help finding something good in your natal chart which is a map of your entire life
and
2. Help finding something good for time in life you are at now.
For that you look at Progressions, Transits to Natal, Solar Return, etc.

First of all, if natal squares and oppositions depress you, go back and learn what they are again. These aspects are points of motivation for you to move along and evolve to a better you. Each life, we have ways to improve ourselves. And motivation helps. Think of it like this. What if you had a gymnasium full of stuff that had you to sort, but you had no idea what purpose the stuff would serve afterwards? Sure you could sort, in a variety of ways. But with limited time, and a desire to be effective, wouldn't you want to know why you were sorting? And what was the next function of all that stuff?

Well, squares and oppositions help you along, in this sort. You have two items of perhaps equal market value, take up the same volume of space in the gym, but very contrasting functions. What do you do ? Keep both? Toss both? Some of each?

So what you want to do is learn about evolutionary astrology, or psychological astrology, where you use these aspects to guide you in making good choices, rather than see the aspect as a prize or a punishment.

So you may see strong squares in your chart. Okay. Good. You have impetus to move on and evolve! Graphically it looks like Neptune squares your Sun and your Nodes. Well there's a enlightened way to express each planet, and there is the other. So the chart says some negative influence of Neptune played a large role on your past life, in a square conflict with your Sun. You simply may have been duped. In this life you get to put that Neptune to work for you, to help you move ahead. No it's not a trine. The way you look at it, is to say 'something idealistic, inspired, creative, nice and watery expressed in a Capricorn way ( grounded, enduring, committed, resilient, push to the top) causes friction with your North Node mission, which is all about self esteem and probably reflected in wages/assets, and has the color of avant guarde, progressive, competitive, forthright, groundbreaking, grassrooting to it.

I often find that constructing a sentence that does the following, will help:

Because (interpret squaring planet, sign, house) is at odds with N.Node mission, you wisely choose to do XXXXXXX, or you acquire skill zzzz.

So because of your dogged idealism among your associates (11th), you have stamina and strength to break new ground (Aries) in the matters of Self Esteem, and earnings collected with a strong self esteem.

So you may have caught on here, that the South Node to North Node trail you are building in this life, goes from peaceful Libra to good and pushy Aries. I have seen people building this trail. They tend to find something very valuable about that their Libra roots, foresee a future where it is in jeopardy, and then they commit themselves to fight to preserve it, like family values, national parks, clean water, affordable medicine.

So it comes as no surprise that your Ascendent is Aquarius in this life. Your ascendent is your appearance, your style, your mask, and how you choose to present yourself to others, because that is how you see yourself. The Aquarian is the Reformist. The Aquarian sees failures in society, and takes action to make it 'right'. Sounds a bit like the interpretation to your trail from south node to north node, doesn't it? Well I confess, that I choose an interpretation of the change from Libra to Aries to sound a little like Aquarius, because that is what you do when you read charts. The interpetation of the symbols can apply to such a wide variety of situations, that each one taken on its own can mislead you. But as you practice the astrology you learn to look for common themes in the chart, to knit together a congruent whole.

I have cast your chart using the Koch method for the Houses, in lieu of the most often seen Placidus. Placidus puts your Nodes in the 1st and 7th. Without addressing the pro's and con's of each, I can simply say that it's my understanding that Placidus was the first method, historically, that seemed to work well, but Koch's research made corrections, so many use it instead. Suppo
There is enlightment to be collected from either one.
If you wnat to follow the 1st and 7th trail, the big change is to go from being a pro at being someone's partner, and in this life become a pro at going solo. And looking at the chart having both luminaries conjunct in the 7th, that could be th better way to interpret the chart.

You may want to study 'combust' planets, because your Moon is combust. They say that the Sun is so bright by comparison, that the Moon's ability to express is 'dwarfed', or absorbed into the light of the Sun. In terms of chart interpretaion, this means your self image/identity/ego is tightly merged with your emotional state, and how you 'feel'. This has some pro's and con's. This can give you an edge on being confident because you who you are and how you feel alwyplahing the same tune (which is unlike most of us). The downside is that you probably are not open to outside input on your behavior. Your orchestra is in tune, while spoil it? And why can't everyone be this way.? The world would be so much better? Well, that's not how it is. Most everyone else has big conflicts in side between ego and emotions. One big advantage in that. Each of them is more familiar with being vulnerable. Truly vulnerable. The longer you live with the awareness of your own vulnerability, the easier it gets to cope with the imperfection in the world. Only, yu have less of a sense of being vulnerable, than most. And to top that off, you have the Sun and Moon sign of the perfectionist.

Whoops.
Well that's why we get the chance to evolve in each life.

So try not to get hung up on any part of you being bad or stuck or ruined or wrong, because there's an unpleasant aspect.

Study astology, learn about your Nodes, and the work you need to do to sort of 'reverse' Pluto. And know that most people are pretty fuzzy about how the nodes will work in their life until after the first Saturn return. You can read about it plenty. But actually 'knowing' is something that evolves with experience.

Your Saturn return is coming next year. Your public reputation has the propert of Respnsibiity. Not bad at all. This Saturn return will test that capability. Study up on Saturn Return. Appraise yourself as best you can. Yu can't pssibly be as wise as you will be on your second Saturn return. But you can be honest with yourself. You have Sagittarius Saturn. That makes an hoest optimistec sense of responsibility. What the Saturn return does is test the values yo learned through childhood to this adult stage, and nudge you into keeping some and tossing some for the all adult phase of life. You may some challenges to overcome. See them as tests to help you sort what is important.

And here's some good news to look up. Look up your quintiles. 72 degree aspects.

Another time if I can, I'll write about your current life charts like progressions, solar return, transits, etc. Or you can run the charts and see what you see, your self. It appears that your Progressed Moon is conjunct your Natal Moon. You may want to read about that, and remember that you are unusual, in that your Moon is in a meld with your Sun. Hmmmm.

I hope I've gotten you started into seeing your chart with a more optimistic outlook. The world needs brave inspired perfectionists to show us how to do things right. Just try to be patient with the rest of us who live with a bit more vulnerability and thus feel the errors pointed out to us with a lot more pain. Okay? Thanks.

12thhouse

Saturn in Sagittarius would be a transit currently affecting you, i would imagine this is why you are feeling the way of "haywire". Look to see what house saturn is in, then view others experience with saturn transiting that house to reflect if you are having similar feelings

Wow, I was not expecting such an explanation. Thank you for taking the time and putting such thought into this. I'm trying to stay patient while things unfold but it still hurts because I have this sensation that I've been drifting for so long. I just checked out my next solar return but I'm not sure how to make sense of the charts on top of each other at the moment.

You definitely hit the nail on the head when you were talking about my combust moon. It seems like I'm either all on or all off. I tried looking up more about it but the sources each tell me different, things. There is a little more optimism now but still so much personal confusion regarding my present and future. Of course its no one's job to make me feel better, you chose to write this out of your own kindness, so again, thank you. If you choose to read more into my chart that would be more than I could ask for, and I would be looking forward to yours, or anyone else's, information.

I seemed to miss one big detail with this. I'm not living in the place I was born anymore. Would this slightly adjusted chart explain some things?

Also, even though my North Node is in the 2nd house with the Koch system it doesn't "feel" like the kind of things I've been striving or working on, the 1st house seems much more appropriate to my life, but idk....some of the things I'm reading make them seem somehow intertwined just sort of a general being absorbed into other peoples' junk be it relationships/problems/whatever. The 1st is literally people but the 2nd seems to be their psychic junk? In terms of my past relationships I see a definite correlation with the 1st house.

I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but should I look at the subtle differences that placidus and koch offer, it seems almost too subtle? Or should I just choose one?

Attachments

• astro_22gw_01_anonymous_hk.67250.7737.gif
    astro_22gw_01_anonymous_hk.67250.7737.gif
    49.3 KB · Views: 23

FROG

Very good questions
It would ll be a day or two but Inwill come back
And mbe Kimber Moon will hshare too [

QUOTE=WanderingVirgo;614240]I seemed to miss one big detail with this. I'm not living in the place I was born anymore. Would this slightly adjusted chart explain some things?

Also, even though my North Node is in the 2nd house with the Koch system it doesn't "feel" like the kind of things I've been striving or working on, the 1st house seems much more appropriate to my life, but idk....some of the things I'm reading make them seem somehow intertwined just sort of a general being absorbed into other peoples' junk be it relationships/problems/whatever. The 1st is literally people but the 2nd seems to be their psychic junk? In terms of my past relationships I see a definite correlation with the 1st house.

I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but should I look at the subtle differences that placidus and koch offer, it seems almost too subtle? Or should I just choose one?[/QUOTE]

FROG

I seemed to miss one big detail with this. I'm not living in the place I was born anymore. Would this slightly adjusted chart explain some things?

The natal chart location still plays a strong role, for your entire life. A relocation chart can help. This year's solar return location would be changed.

I'm not able access whatever you submitted for your relocated chart. Is it here? Was it attached to your last post?

Also, even though my North Node is in the 2nd house with the Koch system it doesn't "feel" like the kind of things I've been striving or working on,
Okay. I'm listening.

the 1st house seems much more appropriate to my life, but idk....some of the things I'm reading make them seem somehow intertwined just sort of a general being absorbed into other peoples' junk be it relationships/problems/whatever.

The 1st is literally people but the 2nd seems to be their psychic junk? In terms of my past relationships I see a definite correlation with the 1st house.

Uhm, the 1st house is about your appearance, your style and such. The second house is about your self esteem, your earnings and assets.

The seventh house is about your partnerships. The eighth is the assets of the partner, as well as public resources. I have never heard of the 8th as 'others psychic junk'. That does have some 8th house ring to it.

I don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but should I look at the subtle differences that placidus and koch offer, it seems almost too subtle? Or should I just choose one?

Choose one that you resonate with, especially while you are doing the interpretting. Each astrologer accrues experience with certain choices they make in the casting of the chart. So you are free to choose and then follow that trail. Be aware if you hire a service to take note which system is used.

Again, before your first Saturn return, your less likely to be tuned in to mission of changing from the South Node to the North Node.

FROG

Okay I found your relocated chart.
So I see that using Placidus, your natal and relocated charts both emphasize 7th house. Also your Sun Moon Mars are in the intercepted sign of Virgo. (And also Pisces). This can make them difficult to express. The North Node is 4 degrees behind the cusp of the second. Usually you interpret a planet that close to the cusp as being in the next house. But with the Moon's Node, they are moving retrograde all the time, so the assumption has a little less wait. Still though, I would say the North Node has more 2nd house value, than 1st, but the First House interpretation could be mixed into it. This would say that the North Node pulls in matters from the First house, while it is in the second. So your apearance plays a role in your 2nd house N. Node interpretation.

Now using Koch for the natal or relocated chart, the 8th house is greater emphasis. And now it is Libra and Aries that are intercepted with the planets they contain, Venus, Mercury (Libra) and Jupiter (Aries). The North Node is in the second.

And there we have the limits of my knowledge and experience to tell you which way to go.
-----------

You might even just find Kimbermoon here and ask send her a note to give her opinion.

Interesting. I guess you can't believe everything on the internet :D

Self Esteem is certainly something that has interfered with my life in various ways, in that for most of it up to this point I have had zero. I'm not sure what you mean by "intercepted"? Can you tell me what that term means when studying charts?

I guess the next step would be finding out about the planets in the signs you mentioned.

FROG

Intercepted Sign means there is no House cusp in that sign. As such, some would say that the Sign is not expressed in the chart, and therefore any planets in that sign are not expressed. Or they say that sign and those planets are difficult for the native to express. Some say it makes no difference.

A chart like yours with a second house North Node might suggest that in your past life, and possibly younger years, you get buy on others finances or government funds. By the time you finish this life, you can earn your own. Another way to look at it, is that one's own individual self esteem is rather weak in past life or youth, as a result of not having the experience of proving one's own way. One's sense of self is not fully individuated because of the great need to cooperate and depend on others in order to get vital needs met. With time you'll have more experiences individuating. There are pro's and con's to each type of lifestyle. Being heavily committed to part of a group or team can have its advantages. You have a greater sense of how everything you do plays a role in the making of the whole, for the moment and all how it it effects things for time to come.

I find one of the best starts for learning astrology is Steven Forrest's books. Cafe Astrology has a lot of good material online.

Keep posing questions, and seeking answers. Enjoy the quest.

Osamenor

Staff member
There are different schools of thought on the need for relocation charts, but unless you moved during your infancy, the place where you were born is definitely the right place to cast your birth chart for. Some astrologers stick with the place where you were born even if you were flown across the continent when you were one day old.

Your current location is the one to use when casting a transit chart, ie solar return. If you cast a solar return chart, it's especially important to use the location you're in on your birthday, whether or not it's where you live. But if you didn't move to your current location until you were an adult, it's not relevant to your natal chart.

The Koch system was designed for higher latitudes. If you were born above the forty-fifth parallel (or is it the fiftieth? I forget), Koch is probably the best one to use. If you were born above the Arctic Circle (or the Antarctic), it would definitely be best, because some houses would disappear completely if you tried to draw a chart for that location using Placidus. But if you were born somewhere between the equator and the forty-fifth parallel of either hemisphere, Placidus is probably the one to use. (There's always some debate on that, but that's the general sense I get.)

No matter which houses your north and south nodes are in, your south node has a correlation with relationship to others and your north node with development of self, because of the signs they're in. Aries is all about developing individuality and will, while Libra is all about partnership, relationship, getting along with others, etc. South node in Libra/north node in Aries typically indicates a karmic past in which you got swallowed up by relationship, and a need to develop a stronger sense of individuality. House placements and planets involved may alter the picture, but often, a Libra south node indicates a suffocating marriage (or other situation in which your individuality was suppressed by a need to keep the peace, or by people you were in relationship with), and an Aries north node indicates an intention to break free of that.

Seventh and eighth houses both indicate relationships and intimacy, and first and second houses both indicate basic sense of self, identity, and personal boundaries, so no matter which house system you use, you have those indicators in your karmic story.

oleanna

Hello wandering virgo, - i have a stellium in my 7th house, - not as loaded as yours with personal planets, but still, - the best thing i ever got told about this came from a famous astrologer in GB, she said, that i find expression for almost everything through others. That i develop through loves, friendships, contact with others, - that i need the inter action as much as light, bread and water. That my understanding of myself goes through partnership, -
in my case she was very right and it helped me to understand this side of myself, my need to connect, to share.
-
I hope this thought means a little to you, or throws some light on certain parts of your life.