Any experience with Lunar returns???

cjc

I'm just curious if anyone has used these extensively. I've never found them too reliable.

Thanx!

c

Joseph Ledzion

I have a fair amount of experience with lunar returns, having one every 28 days or so. And how appropriate to write this during one.

When the moon returns to its natal position, this is the most important moment of the month and should be spent in meditation -- for the connection to the subconscious is open fully and you are able to recieve what you ask for.

We make wishes on our birthdays don't we? Light a candle.

Supposing we knew the horoscope before we meditate, timed for the exact moment our subconscious gets connected with our intent to know our thoughts and feelings, we will have a good idea of what archetypes and energy is asking for recognition and integration.

Supposing we did not take the time to consciously align our will with what the Planets would have us do, we are essentially giving our power away, and truely opening the door to allowing something random happen; instead of being in control ourselves.

It is my belief that we may/shall align our Wills with the natural cycles of the planets to gain access to "intelligent infinity." The Moon is the Personality-- so if you wish to go beyond the ego, and use astrology for a higher purpose, we need/must take a step out of our Minds and into our Spirits. For Spirit is the next step in our evolution as "dna people." haha.

You know, my dearest friends, it is in the quiet moments as we shut off the outside world, that we gain access to the whispers of the divine.

The most important thing I'm stating is that we, being in your full element, Moon on Moon, may gain access to ourselves, securing the cycle in place by becoming aware of this moment, the supposed forecast for the cycle, when you absorb the sense of peace and connection that it contains.

It is impossible to merely think about a Lunar Return chart and not somehow create your own reality about what you think will happen. But I am saying that Reality itself is present in the moment, and that the purpose of these moments is to align with our Will. Then see what happens!

Techniquely, the most important thing to look for in the chart are aspects to the natal, especially conjunctions! Integration of energy and archetypes.

An example is if you have a Mars-Saturn square, which is normally a dreadful thing to a weak willed person. Well, during the meditation, you may become aware of the lessons it holds; and in the process discover your True Purpose, by becoming aware of your karma, and allowing it to disolve In Spirit.

Sounds like a potential future for astrology, as self-conscious people begin to rule the world! Highest thoughts.

May we all align with the Divine Will, as One being: in life and love.

Blessings,
Joseph Ledzion

Atria

Hello , we are studying them , they had strong indications of the events of that month, sometimes we travel relocating them(sometimes if we cant do phsysically we do it mentally, i prefer physically ), to avoid some negative indications or search positives ones , sometimes is easy to understand them and sometimes is more difficult, at lunar return of august -september 2007 me and my family had negative indications, the only one that was not so bad was the lunar of my daughter, i was worried some bad thing would happen to us , but was the son of one of the best friends of my husband and friend of my sons too that had an awful accident and died (34). My teacher taught that we had to promediate the natal , the solar and then the lunar, if we have a great solar return , a bad lunar will be more soft than if we had a bad solar return. At his lunar return this friend, had saturn at critical degree 29º conjunct sun, mercury lord of V ( travel- pleasure voyage) at eight receiving a square from jupiter , another from Mars at V house, and an opposition of Uranus. The accident was related to fifth house, was a promenade. The best Atria

leslie1979

I basically obssess over my lunar returns. At my place of previous employment, people could easily bet and win on me reading my charts on my lunch hour. I am a nerd. I find that the events that they can portend are mild...not like a solar returns which indicate more major happenings. Sorry, this post was not much help technically. I do very much enjoy when I can make mini estimates. I DO FIND that when the transiting moon travels througout the houses of the lunar return, I will usually be focused on house matters that relate, for example...its freaky every time the moon travels through the lunar return 2nd house, I get paid, or I sort out my bills...stuff like that.

cjc

Very interesting. I'll start to monitor the houses... But right now, I think I have 12 second houses in mine!

blueheron

I use them only when I want to fine tune the Solar Return. I've found them to be very accurate and useful, but only when used against the backdrop of the Solar Return, and of course, the natal.

CurtisSWN

I have a fair amount of experience with lunar returns, having one every 28 days or so. And how appropriate to write this during one.

When the moon returns to its natal position, this is the most important moment of the month and should be spent in meditation -- for the connection to the subconscious is open fully and you are able to recieve what you ask for.

We make wishes on our birthdays don't we? Light a candle.

Supposing we knew the horoscope before we meditate, timed for the exact moment our subconscious gets connected with our intent to know our thoughts and feelings, we will have a good idea of what archetypes and energy is asking for recognition and integration.

Supposing we did not take the time to consciously align our will with what the Planets would have us do, we are essentially giving our power away, and truely opening the door to allowing something random happen; instead of being in control ourselves.

It is my belief that we may/shall align our Wills with the natural cycles of the planets to gain access to "intelligent infinity." The Moon is the Personality-- so if you wish to go beyond the ego, and use astrology for a higher purpose, we need/must take a step out of our Minds and into our Spirits. For Spirit is the next step in our evolution as "dna people." haha.

You know, my dearest friends, it is in the quiet moments as we shut off the outside world, that we gain access to the whispers of the divine.

The most important thing I'm stating is that we, being in your full element, Moon on Moon, may gain access to ourselves, securing the cycle in place by becoming aware of this moment, the supposed forecast for the cycle, when you absorb the sense of peace and connection that it contains.

It is impossible to merely think about a Lunar Return chart and not somehow create your own reality about what you think will happen. But I am saying that Reality itself is present in the moment, and that the purpose of these moments is to align with our Will. Then see what happens!

Techniquely, the most important thing to look for in the chart are aspects to the natal, especially conjunctions! Integration of energy and archetypes.

An example is if you have a Mars-Saturn square, which is normally a dreadful thing to a weak willed person. Well, during the meditation, you may become aware of the lessons it holds; and in the process discover your True Purpose, by becoming aware of your karma, and allowing it to disolve In Spirit.

Sounds like a potential future for astrology, as self-conscious people begin to rule the world! Highest thoughts.

May we all align with the Divine Will, as One being: in life and love.

Blessings,
Joseph Ledzion

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

To answer the question though: I am only now investigating LR's in a meaningful way, but my results so far show that Vedic monthly charts based on exact 30 degree increments from the SR Sun seem to be more worthwhile.

Curtis

Last edited by a moderator:

Blandy

Hmmm, Lunar Returns are dominated by planets on the angles, and close aspects less than one degree.
Basically, if those are not in the lunar return, it won't be eventful

gemini59

I use them quite a bit. And as someone else said, as a back drop to the solar.
Couple of rules of thumb
1. peaks in activity will correlate with the location of the moon in the lunar chart ie on the angles first 9-10 days, succedent 2nd part of the month, and cadent the last part of the month.
2. The location of the moon brings focus to that house
3. a month where the charts ascedant is similar to your own will be an important month.
4. planets on the angles with a focus on 1 and 10 are critical in interpretation
I look for the ruler of the lunar chart but it does not seem to hold as much meaning as where the moon is....
look for new moon and full moons as they tell of beginnings and endings.

gemini59

Oddly enough mine starts tonight the 15th at 10:30....hmmmm
moon in sixth....ascendant at 13'34 Aries...my natal is at 5'40 aries so I am going to keep close watch...Also lunar Pluto and natal saturn close to MC on 9th side...sun on 7th....
My little moon has been under the gun at 22' 58 Virgo with Uranus hovering and Saturn hovering and neptune inconjunct hovering....watching my lunars has been important.
With moon opposing uranus in 6th 12 axis I can look for illness or health concerns for me? or co-workers or mother or abrupt changes in routine .;..or pets..I was having a lot of dreams about my dog last night...really odd ones.. ....
Of note, yesterday three co-workers next to my office had to leave..one due to major dental problems (saturn rules teeth and bones) one left due a back injury that they have not diagnosed (she could barely walk) and the third left due to aches all over ....
I am going to take this as a sign as it is the day before the lunar...

Last edited:

Archer7

I basically obssess over my lunar returns. At my place of previous employment, people could easily bet and win on me reading my charts on my lunch hour. I am a nerd. I find that the events that they can portend are mild...not like a solar returns which indicate more major happenings. Sorry, this post was not much help technically. I do very much enjoy when I can make mini estimates. I DO FIND that when the transiting moon travels througout the houses of the lunar return, I will usually be focused on house matters that relate, for example...its freaky every time the moon travels through the lunar return 2nd house, I get paid, or I sort out my bills...stuff like that.

I was just about to post a thread to ask if anyone noticed that the Moon transitting through the houses of lunar return woke up issues and themes of those houses! I'm finding that it did so this month, but this is the first time I actually looked for results. Moon currently transiting my lunar return eighth house, and I'm looking into borrowing some money from the bank

Alice McDermott

I'm just curious if anyone has used these extensively. I've never found them too reliable.

Thanx!

c

You might be interested in using the parallax Moon for your Lunar Returns as this can sometimes change the angles quite a bit.

The parallax Moon is calculated from the viewpoint of the location of birth or event. I generally find this position gives more accurate lunar returns than the normally calculated position.

If you have Solar Fire it is quite easy to set up: Preferences>Edit Settings>Optional Correction Factors - Apply Parallax Correction to Moon, then click OK. All charts will then be calculated with the parallax Moon position from then on.

I am sure most other programs will also have this facility available.

Alice

Zarathu

Account Closed
I have found more success with lunar returns using the Draconic Zodiac, which is a Moon based Zodiac, and using only the most powerful two of three planets and houses using the Cosmodyne system.

Olga1983

Gemini59 said "a month where the charts ascedant is similar to your own will be an important month."

I have that now, since october 7. It should actually be from Oct. 6-7 when i started to feel more calm despite the fact that i knew i most probably had to go back to Holland (i was in India) this month, which seemed unlikely to me. Not sure how this will develop further, but i may be kind of okay now.
So October was also the month of going back to Holland after about 2 months and a week in India (i had to change my fly date from January 2012 to October 24 2011, as i didn't get a 6-month-visa. that date-change was also very expensive). Short before my departure my mother let me know that she can't pick me up from the airport. Then i decided to go by train and walk the way to her home (not very far from the station). My mother was and still is in Germany temporarily, and may come back on or near November 1 (she wasn't sure), so i'm alone in her home. In some way good, but on the other hand i'm unable to register in the city and apply for an income of social security till she comes back, though i bet that will work out, but a little later.

For anyone who wants to see the lunar and compare the happenings, i have included the link to the lunar-chart with my radix. I noticed that house 9 ((far) foreign countries) is empty, though that may not say everything.

tokyo.lights

Thanx!

c
When I moved a few years back, the ruler of my 4th opposed Uranus in my LR chart. Not quite sure if it means anything. Solar return had Pluto in the 4th.

Gwenyhfair

Do you read lunars with natal? Many say they read with solar returns. I´ve never cared about lunar returns but this year mine is within 24 hours from the new moon tomorrow.

Along with neptune and chiron in pisces, with mars retro in virgo, right in the middle of the pluto-jupiter trine :surprised:

bittermoon

I am curious how you read them. I tried to read the last couple of lunar returns like I do with solars. They actually seemed quite positive on the love and job front. Neither of them materialised. Not even close. Perhaps I'm not reading them right.