ADD/ADHD Natal Charts

Beowulf91

Hi I'm 25 yrs old, was diagnosed with adhd at 6 yrs. I'm looking to learn more about the influences of adhd and the interchangeable affects from both the planet's and the diagnosis itself. Any help would be tremendous in regards to my path and journey to continuing to understand myself, in both inner and outer worlds, as well as furthering my scope into the knowledge of astrology. Thank you. Won't let me post the link correctly reposted it below hopefully it works for you. Looking forward to any insight thanks!

Last edited:

Cecile

Hi Beowulf91

You have a valid question. I know very little about ADHD, but I found a website that lists symptoms and corresponding planets. Scroll halfway down this page, http://www.angelfire.com/journal/GregoryJdeMontfort/AttentionDeficitDisorder.htm The list identifies a lot of challenging aspects to Neptune and Challenging aspects to Uranus. Uranus and Neptune were conjunct for the first time in eons from the late 80's to the mid 90's. I suspect this has some bearing on the subject.

FYI Dr. Peter Breggin, Psychiatrist, was guest on CoasttoCoastAM.com last night. He warned against the harmful effects of psychotropic drugs prescribed to treat ADHD and other similar disorders. He said that they were not properly vetted or tested before being released into the market, and that doctors were prescribing them without adequate diagnosis, and too many patients had serious adverse reactions to them. His website: https://breggin.com/

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

joyrjw

I'm not sure what aspects are associated with ADHD (unfortunately my focus is terrible and I'm classically procrastinating to boot), but I can post my chart. Hopefully it works.

picture.php

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm not sure what aspects are associated with ADHD (unfortunately my focus is terrible and I'm classically procrastinating to boot), but I can post my chart. Hopefully it works.

No hard and fast rules on what aspects are associated with ADHD. We're posting our charts here to find out.

Looks like you have the moon in a t-square and Uranus with your sun (wide orb conjunction in your case). Moon in a complex aspect, usually a t-square, and some connection between the sun and Uranus seems to be the most common theme.

I think your fifth house stellium, which includes Uranus, may also be a factor. The fifth house is the most creative and spontaneous house. Like a person with ADD, the fifth house is where you simply won't focus or accomplish anything if it's not something you really want to do, but you will if you are doing something you truly enjoy. Not all of us have a house packed, but I would expect that if any of us do, it may be the fifth more often than not.

greybeard

I don't know what adhd is: its symptoms, causes, effects on the life.

But here are some things I notice in your chart.

First (because it's at the Asc, which is "the beginning" of anything and thus 1st)...Your Asc is in the last degree of Gemini, a "mental--nervous system sign. The last degree of any sign often suggests "trouble" in some form. Gemini is restless, flighty, volatile.

Mercury rules the horoscope (the Asc). He lacks only 3' of arc from being in the last degree of Scorpio; he is quincunx the Asc. Imbalance. In a sense a war against the self.

Further, Mercury is highly inflamed; overheated? He is Combust, plus in conjunction with a powerful but also combust Mars, who is in partile opposition to Expansive Jupiter, who may blow things out of proportion.

Scorpio either likes something or does not; no middle ground. Intense, unforgiving, bound by feelings. The 5th shows how we resist outside influence, go our own way despite pressures to change or do something contrary to our own true desires. Mars is conflictive, combative, irrascible.

Add all this up. Does it begin to look like you feel?

Last edited:

joyrjw

No hard and fast rules on what aspects are associated with ADHD. We're posting our charts here to find out.

Looks like you have the moon in a t-square and Uranus with your sun (wide orb conjunction in your case). Moon in a complex aspect, usually a t-square, and some connection between the sun and Uranus seems to be the most common theme.

I think your fifth house stellium, which includes Uranus, may also be a factor. The fifth house is the most creative and spontaneous house. Like a person with ADD, the fifth house is where you simply won't focus or accomplish anything if it's not something you really want to do, but you will if you are doing something you truly enjoy. Not all of us have a house packed, but I would expect that if any of us do, it may be the fifth more often than not.

I definitely could see how a T-Square and/or the 5th house might make difference especially with the moon involved or maybe Neptune(?) Though I'm not familiar with the trends involved as I only just started looking into this.

My oldest sister has her sun and mars in the 5th house (capricorn) and she potentially has ADHD,she also has a pisces moon and leo rising... her sun, mercury, mars and MC all form trines to uranus... so I could see how uranus could play a strong part in it. :) My nephew (her son) was diagnosed with ADHD at a very young age, though he may also have autism.

Do you think perhaps neptune/moon and/or a moon/uranus aspect would cause problems with focus/daydreaming? I read somewhere that moon in 3rd house needs change... I was thinking about it and I have predominantly inattentive type, though I definitely have some impulsive and fidgety tendencies. I daydream and my mind get's foggy and wanders a lot.... so perhaps the lack of focus component (?) just a theory.

Anyway, this is a really neat post. I find it very interesting and appreciate that it was created. ^_^

joyrjw

I don't know what adhd is: its symptoms, causes, effects on the life.

But here are some things I notice in your chart.

First (because it's at the Asc, which is "the beginning" of anything and thus 1st)...Your Asc is in the last degree of Gemini, a "mental--nervous system sign. The last degree of any sign often suggests "trouble" in some form. Gemini is restless, flighty, volatile.

Mercury rules the horoscope (the Asc). He lacks only 3' of arc from being in the last degree of Scorpio; he is quincunx the Asc. Imbalance. In a sense a war against the self.

Further, Mercury is highly inflamed; overheated? He is Combust, plus in conjunction with a powerful but also combust Mars, who is in partile opposition to Expansive Jupiter, who may blow things out of proportion.

Scorpio either likes something or does not; no middle ground. Intense, unforgiving, bound by feelings. The 5th shows how we resist outside influence, go our own way despite pressures to change or do something contrary to our own true desires. Mars is conflictive, combative, irrascible.

Add all this up. Does it begin to look like you feel?

Hello greybeard, please excuse me for being mentally vague, but I'm not sure if you're writing to me or not. If so,in response to what you're saying...

I have social anxiety as well as general anxiety and I can get restless when bored, have cabin fever, am in a long line, inside too long ... yes... but I notice when medicated both types are greatly reduced if not totally under control.

As for resisting change from outside influence, I usually am overly accommodating.

Though I don't appreciate people trying to boss me around or lord over me because they feel superior to me in some way. I already feel bad enough about myself as is. :sad:

I used to have a lot of trouble telling people no, but I have worked on not being a doormat...

I can be argumentative and sometimes over react too, something I dislike about myself .... generally I will do whatever I can to avoid any negative interactions... I truly hate conflict.

Now, something like a fun playful verbal sparring, or physical/ verbal game is different and usually leads to happy feelings... I can deal with that type of "conflict" :biggrin:

If that was TMI, I apologize.

Frisiangal

I'm not sure what aspects are associated with ADHD.
I don't know what adhd is
Attention Defecit Hyperactivity Disorder.

I just want to add that, apart from afflictions from/between Moon-Mercury-Saturn-Uranus, harsh Mars (activity)-Jupiter (hyper) have been observed to play a role in cases of ADHD.
The chart shows such afflictions, with Mercury, ruler Asc.(constitution) conjunct Mars to Jupiter opposition.

I work with the Placidus house system, which places the Scorpio stellium in the 6th house, with Mercury semi-square (predisposition towards dis-order) Pluto.

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you think perhaps neptune/moon and/or a moon/uranus aspect would cause problems with focus/daydreaming? I read somewhere that moon in 3rd house needs change... I was thinking about it and I have predominantly inattentive type, though I definitely have some impulsive and fidgety tendencies. I daydream and my mind get's foggy and wanders a lot.... so perhaps the lack of focus component (?) just a theory.

Maybe. I'm predominantly inattentive, too, and I have a Neptune/Moon conjunction. Wide orb, but there. And it squares my Venus/Mercury conjunction. Neptune forms a much tighter square to those planets than the moon does.

So, while I have Mercury in Virgo--you would think that would make me organized, and trine my ascendant, too--that powerful square from Neptune seems to have other ideas....

Starsareround

Maybe. I'm predominantly inattentive, too, and I have a Neptune/Moon conjunction. Wide orb, but there. And it squares my Venus/Mercury conjunction. Neptune forms a much tighter square to those planets than the moon does.

So, while I have Mercury in Virgo--you would think that would make me organized, and trine my ascendant, too--that powerful square from Neptune seems to have other ideas....

I also have Merc in Virgo, mine is conjunct my ascendant. Still, apparently that’s no match for my Neptune square mercury. I am in a science field so I know I have some kind of mental organization but my natural state is a chaotic midden.

Osamenor

Staff member
I also have Merc in Virgo, mine is conjunct my ascendant. Still, apparently that’s no match for my Neptune square mercury. I am in a science field so I know I have some kind of mental organization but my natural state is a chaotic midden.

And have you been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD? Or do you believe the diagnosis would fit you?

Starsareround

I never have been but I’m pretty sure I would be. I’m pretty stubborn about no meds and have resisted a diagnosis but I’m wondering if it would enhance my life to look into it.

Osamenor

Staff member
I never have been but I’m pretty sure I would be. I’m pretty stubborn about no meds and have resisted a diagnosis but I’m wondering if it would enhance my life to look into it.

Your call.

I'm pretty stubborn about meds, too--don't take them currently--but for me, it was very validating to get the diagnosis. If you want the validation, it's worth pursuing. And if you are diagnosed, you qualify for disability accommodations in jobs or school--extended time on tests, a less distracting work space, that kind of thing. Depending on your situation, you may or may not need that.

Interesting that Mercury seems to be a key player for so many. Now I want to look back over the previously posted charts and see if there's something Mercury is pretty much always doing.

Starsareround

Your call.

I'm pretty stubborn about meds, too--don't take them currently--but for me, it was very validating to get the diagnosis. If you want the validation, it's worth pursuing. And if you are diagnosed, you qualify for disability accommodations in jobs or school--extended time on tests, a less distracting work space, that kind of thing. Depending on your situation, you may or may not need that.

Interesting that Mercury seems to be a key player for so many. Now I want to look back over the previously posted charts and see if there's something Mercury is pretty much always doing.

I know that Neptune square mercury (especially if angular) pretty much means you will not be neuronormative. Not sure if it applies specifically to add/adhd but it’s probably under the umbrella there along with the autism spectrum.

Osamenor

Staff member
I know that Neptune square mercury (especially if angular) pretty much means you will not be neuronormative. Not sure if it applies specifically to add/adhd but it’s probably under the umbrella there along with the autism spectrum.

Where did you learn that?

My Neptune/Venus/Mercury square (Neptune is exactly square Venus, 3 degrees orb with Mercury, but applying) is cadent by sign, succedent by house.

ADD/ADHD is not part of the autism spectrum--there are perhaps as many difference as between either of those and neurotypicals--but cousins of a sort. Neither is neurotypical, so there's some affinity right there.

Starsareround

Where did you learn that?

My Neptune/Venus/Mercury square (Neptune is exactly square Venus, 3 degrees orb with Mercury, but applying) is cadent by sign, succedent by house.

ADD/ADHD is not part of the autism spectrum--there are perhaps as many difference as between either of those and neurotypicals--but cousins of a sort. Neither is neurotypical, so there's some affinity right there.

That’s what I meant, that there’s an affinity as in neither are neurotypical. Not sure exactly where I learned it...it’s my assesment throughout my delving into astrology and looking at charts but I’m sure I’m not the first or only one to make that connection. I’ll try to find a link to back it up and post it...

http://www.angelfire.com/journal/GregorJdeMontfort/AttentionDeficitDisorder.htm
[should be "Gregory", corrected in later post - Moderator]

Not sure if that link is live but you can also google angel fire add study...I mentioned the square being more powerful if it is angular, and that is true for all planetary aspects. Neptune Squaring Merc can be very troublesome in general and hopefully gets creative and/or spiritual outlets so the native doesn’t literally lose their mind. I’ll have to read back over this thread and I apologize if I’m just echoing what’s been said before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starsareround

I’m wondering if others with the mercury/Neptune square also have an extremely active imagination? I feel like I do readily and so often pick up on (what I find to be) interesting stimulus that it can be hard for me to not become distracted. I process a lot visually so I’m often completely struck by light qualities and spatial harmony or dissonance. It’s definitely compelling and distracting.

Osamenor

Staff member
That’s what I meant, that there’s an affinity as in neither are neurotypical. Not sure exactly where I learned it...it’s my assesment throughout my delving into astrology and looking at charts but I’m sure I’m not the first or only one to make that connection. I’ll try to find a link to back it up and post it...

http://www.angelfire.com/journal/GregorJdeMontfort/AttentionDeficitDisorder.htm

Not sure if that link is live but you can also google angel fire add study...

It actually doesn't have the http. The correct link is www.angelfire.com/journal/GregoryJdeMontfort/AttentionDeficitDisorder.htm

Edit: The forum software seems to be automatically putting the http:// into the link. I tried to edit it out, but it doesn't appear in the editable version of my post. However, the link I posted does work, as of when I tested it just now. The original one gets an "invalid" message.

Last edited:

greybeard

What are the social effects of adhd? Is adhd outgrown? Why didn't we have adhd when I was a kid? Do kids in Zimbabwe have adhd? What effect does love have on this condition?

As I said, we didn't have adhd when I was a kid. We didn't have tv or video games either. I don't suppose there's any connection...yet I wonder.

Doctors and drug companies have a rather incestuous sort of relationship...DSM and that sort of thing. Could $ be at play in the shadows with all these new ailments?

Naaah. Must be I'm getting old and senile.

Last edited: