Many aspects to Venus

Roosje

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could interpret my venus aspects. I have looked up a lot about the individual aspects (Venus square ascendant & saturn, Venus conjunct midheaven, Venus opposite Neptune & Descendant) But find it difficult to interpret them altogether.

I also have difficulties with understanding for example the venus square ascendant, would this be a negative placement; would this negatively influence people's view of me, but then venus conjunct midheaven is considered quite positive... it's quite hard for me to understand this.

I hope my request is clear and I'm looking forward to your answers :)

Attachments

• Natal Chart.png
    Natal Chart.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 51

wan

Personally I don't consider that your venus conjuncts your MC, because an orb of 5 degrees is too wide for me. She is located in the 9th house, so the orb I use is smaller than what I would use when she is in the 10th. I also dont think that she opposites your Neptune. Again, an orb of 9 is too wide when the planets involved are other than the lights.

Roosje

Personally I don't consider that your venus conjuncts your MC, because an orb of 5 degrees is too wide for me. She is located in the 9th house, so the orb I use is smaller than what I would use when she is in the 10th. I also dont think that she opposites your Neptune. Again, an orb of 9 is too wide when the planets involved are other than the lights.

Oh really? I didn't know that. Most astrology sites do say that I have these aspects in my natal chart, so I didn't realize the orbs were too wide. Thanks for the information Wan :)

Roosje

Your welcome.

I guess it depends on the source where you got the numbers from. For orbs allowed in natal charts, I use astrotheme's definition. See it here: https://www.astrotheme.com/astrology_aspects.php

But astrotheme also indicates these aspects in my natal chart, and when I look at the numbers in the link the aspects in my chart do adhere to the numbers they give for oppositions and conjunction, or am I overlooking something? Especially the venus midheaven conjunction since it is +/- 5 degrees and astrotheme says "In natal charts, usually accepted orbs (exactness of aspect) are 9 to 10 degrees for oppositions and conjunctions." Then the venus neptune opposition could indeed be seen as too wide since the orb is a little over 9 degrees.

wan

Oops, your right. Lol I just gave a link that contradicted what I said.

So yes, according to astrotheme, your Venus conjuncts Neptune.

JUPITERASC

Whether your natal Venus is within orb of conjunction with MC
is entirely dependent on the accuracy and reliability of time of birth :smile:

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could interpret my venus aspects. I have looked up a lot about the individual aspects (Venus square ascendant & saturn, Venus conjunct midheaven, Venus opposite Neptune & Descendant) But find it difficult to interpret them altogether.

I also have difficulties with understanding for example the venus square ascendant, would this be a negative placement; would this negatively influence people's view of me, but then venus conjunct midheaven is considered quite positive... it's quite hard for me to understand this.

LieroSK

I think anything above 3 degrees is not aspect(2 degree in transits). I guess the main thing of chart is Saturn on descendent and position of planets in houses.

Harmelia

Hi everyone!

Venus is the ruler of your ASC and also the ruler of your whole chart. It has a strong role in your chart and an even stronger one when it is conjunct an angle and square or opposite the others. The angles - 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th house cusps - are the most sensitive places in the chart.

Venus is also square Saturn, opposite Neptune (but that's quite a wide orb), quincunx Jupiter, semi-sextile sextile Mercury - and although it doesn't show it, square Chiron - it's only 5 degrees apart from an exact square. It is aspecting the Moon's Nodes too - sextile North Node and trine South Node. Yeah, and theres some other aspects too. So you are asking about a very important planetary placement.

You can't really read Venus without considering the whole chart.

You are here to evolve your self-concept and sense of inner security - how you value yourself or see your value in the social world. I think it is likely that you were or feel judged, rejected or in some way, unacceptable. The chart is saying that you need to evolve the way you do relationships. Venus as ruler of the chart says that as well. Libra naturally has an energy exchange with other people - and it learns about itself through the exchange. Libra is actually a very sensitive sign. If you grew up in a negative or bad-feeling environment, sensitive Libra with either withdraw or take control in order not to feel the energy.

Yet, Venus is in Cancer - also a very sensitive sign - and so you will still be very sensitive to other people's energy. With Sun and Mercury in Gemini I bet you think about your responses a lot - maybe it's a good defense. Thinking can overpower feeling - thinking can take you out of feeling. But if a Gemini chooses, she can think about feelings too - to understand and learn.

Your Capricorn IC - 4th house cusp - suggests that your childhood family did not express their emotions and feelings. They had feelings, of course, but they weren't likely to share them. So, that's how you learned to be. However, your past life wound is about sort of feeling lost - or not belonging - not knowing who you are - so my guess is the family life didn't help you find yourself well enough. Your self-identity or ego development wasn't fully satisfactory. So Libra rising is to help you learn about yourself through other people - through those Libra energy exchanges. You need to be around positive, loving, mature people who can give you the kind of energy exchanges you need.

You need to analyze yourself and others - a lot - to understand them and yourself - and when you analyze to understand - you will improve your self-value and relationships. You will learn to be more independent in relationships, which automatically improves them.

My guess is that Venus in Cancer conjunct MC is functioning to help you be sensitive to others - like a radio receiver receiving sound waves - you can be attuned to others - know how they feel - and be able to share your feelings with others. I don't think you do this naturally. I think in this regard, you're a work in progress. You have a lot of independent energy in your chart - and you error on being independent, emotionally aloof, and sort of not really quite here.

Venus, Libra and Cancer are trying to balance this for you so that you can grow in this department. Ultimately, relationships are about feelings. How we process our own feelings, express our feelings, and communicate who we are on that level adds up to how we are in relationship. Venus square to ASC - DES - is about making sure you grow and change in this department. Squares are the best for growing and changing - and will be of great help to you. Without the tension of the squares, you'd be less able to keep working on it.

With your Moon in Sagittarius, 3rd - you really need to reflect upon how you might judge yourself and others - beliefs, attitudes, behaviors. Do you think in terms of ideals, good-bad, right-wrong, superior-inferior? Do you have impossible high standards that people can never measure up to - or maybe you don't measure up? There are some ideas, beliefs or attitudes that you need to revise about who you are in relationships.

Venus is attractive - it attracts people to you. You probably have a great deal of love to give - and you want to give it. So, you will have ample opportunity to work on these specific issues - share who you are - and become your best self.