Is my Jupiter doomed?

Julian

Banned
JupiterASC over here told me my :jupiter: is peregrine, therefore I'm unlucky and have trouble with the sense of larger than life attitude. This is not true, even after its position. I think it's overlooking a lot of things (Ain't I looking at the big picture right now?)

My :jupiter: is in :aries:' 2nd decan in the 9th house :)Jupiter:'s house. How can it not rule that house?) Also wasn't the Ptolemaic def. Of peregrine "a planet that makes no aspects"? Not just its bad position, but no aspects at all? Here are my :jupiter: aspects. Also one thing: I did once the test, and it is said to be that a planet is dominant in a chart when there is a stellium in a house (9th, there's :mercury: and the :sun:) and you get the planet that rules the house, so Jupiter is dominant.

:jupiter: :conjunct: :sun: (cazimi in ascensional chart, but combust in the ecliptical version. Jupiter IMO is still powerful nonetheless)

:jupiter: :trine: :pluto::)sagittarius:)
:jupiter: :sextile: :uranus:
:jupiter: :trine: :vesta::)leo:)
:jupiter: :conjunct: :sun:
:jupiter: in-:conjunct: :mars: -- Maybe this verifies the fact that my Jupiter dominates over the Aries energy?

So my :jupiter: is in a grand trine and in a small trine. How could you not say it's one of the most powerful planets in my chart.

I've always loved to travel, foreign languages, knowledge, money, and I am a bit indulgent at times, and I've been told that I am very lucky ever since I was born (Usually I don't value it that much, I somehow ignore it)

I don't think(and never have) that my life is one bumpy road or it comes as hard. Usually up until now (I'm 15) I've considered myself one of the luckiest blokes out there and everything I'm involved in 90% of the time goes well. Such as setting a goal. For example, I started to give it my all at school last year (I had average-good grades, still, before that) and after not that much effort I became the best one. I started getting 9-10s.

So I don't think my :jupiter: is weak AT ALL. It's actually powerful.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

JupiterASC over here told me my :jupiter: is peregrine, therefore I'm unlucky and have trouble with the sense of larger than life attitude. This is not true, even after its position. I think it's overlooking a lot of things (Ain't I looking at the big picture right now?)

My :jupiter: is in :aries:' 2nd decan in the 9th house :)Jupiter:'s house. How can it not rule that house?) Also wasn't the Ptolemaic def. Of peregrine "a planet that makes no aspects"? Not just its bad position, but no aspects at all? Here are my :jupiter: aspects. Also one thing: I did once the test, and it is said to be that a planet is dominant in a chart when there is a stellium in a house (9th, there's :mercury: and the :sun:) and you get the planet that rules the house, so Jupiter is dominant.

:jupiter: :conjunct: :sun: (cazimi in ascensional chart, but combust in the ecliptical version. Jupiter IMO is still powerful nonetheless)

:jupiter: :trine: :pluto::)sagittarius:)
:jupiter: :sextile: :uranus:
:jupiter: :trine: :vesta:
:jupiter: :conjunct: :sun:
:jupiter: in-:conjunct: :mars: -- Maybe this verifies the fact that my Jupiter dominates over the Aries energy?

I've always loved to travel, foreign languages, knowledge, money, and I am a bit indulgent at times, and I've been told that I am very lucky ever since I was born (Usually I don't value it that much, I somehow ignore it)

I don't think(and never have) that my life is one bumpy road or it comes as hard. Usually up until now (I'm 15) I consider myself one of the luckiest blokes out there and everything I'm involved in 90% of the time goes well. Such as setting a goal. For example, I started to give it my all at school last year (I have average-good grades, still, before that) and after not that much effort I became the best one. I started getting 9-10s.

So I don't think my :jupiter: is weak AT ALL. It's actually powerful.
I simply mentioned on this thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80607 that:

It is helpful to picture the skies at the time of your birth :smile:

the planet JUPITER and the SUN were so close
that JUPITER would have been invisible
and in a situation known as 'combust'

i.e.

A planet is combust when it is in conjunction with the Sun
and therefore hidden from sight by the light of the Sun.
Traditionally this is a serious debility
and implies that the planet is weakened or restricted in power.
However, if the planet is within 17 minutes of the Sun,
it is termed Cazimi
- in the heart of the Sun -
and considered strengthened by the union.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html

However, your natal Jupiter is more than 17 minutes distant from the Sun
and therefore apparently not Cazimi

nevertheless
there are as usual differences of opinion on this matter
so a discussion on THE DEFINITION OF CAZIMI at
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewto...d03aed75c6bcd5
may throw some light on this interesting topic for you

because to read any chart with reliability takes many hours, days, weeks even months of work

I THEN CLEARLY QUOTED TRADITIONAL ASTROLOGICAL OPINION IN BRIEF AS FOLLOWS:

Parallels are considered similar to conjunctions :smile:

Regarding your Aries Sun being conjunct Jupiter

Although your Aries Sun is essentially dignified
In contrast,
Jupiter at 11 degrees Aries is in fact Peregrine
due to having no essential dignity at all

A Planet is then said to be Peregrine,
when he is in the degrees of any Sign wherein he hath no essential dignity,
As Saturn in the tenth degree of Aries,
that Sign being not his House, Exaltation, or of his Triplicity,
or he having in that degree neither Term or Face,
he is then said to be Peregrine;
had he been in 27, 28, &c. of Aries, he could not be termed Peregrine,
because then he is in his own Term.
William Lilly, Christian Astrology, p.112

'....Just as essential dignity signifies strength and a capacity for beneficial action,
lack of it implies weakness or a harmful disposition.
A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine,
a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner'
pereger = beyond the borders,
ager = land, i.e., 'beyond one's own land'.
In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home....'

'....In symbolic terms, a peregrine planet describes a drifter
- someone with no title or stake in his or her environment.
It's helpful to think in terms of property
because
Property owners tend to view drifters with suspicion, and distrust their lack of stability.
Peregrine planets share this dubious reputation

Under normal circumstances a peregrine planet lacks the necessary strength to convey lasting benefit.
Its position of weakness can be alleviated, however, if it is strongly dignified accidentally
or if it forms a mutual reception with a stronger planet....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

dignities2.gif

JUPITERASC

attachment.php

This issue is not that your natal Jupiter is necessarily 'weak' by house location
nevertheless
Jupiter IS combust
and also being peregrine
traditionally speaking it is an important consideration that natal Jupiter is lacking in essential dignity

however
you are entitled to your own opinion on this matter
and I wish you all the best in life
:smile:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

My :jupiter: is in :aries:' 2nd decan
in the 9th house

:)Jupiter:'s house.
How can it not rule that house
?)
Jupiter, being located in Aries
is in Mars-ruled territory
i.e.
Mars rules Aries
Also wasn't the Ptolemaic def. Of peregrine "a planet that makes no aspects"?
Not just its bad position,
but no aspects at all?
A peregrine planet is a planet that has no essential dignity
irrespective of aspects

I've always loved to travel,

foreign languages

knowledge,
money,
and I am a bit indulgent at times,
and I've been told that I am very lucky ever since I was born
(Usually I don't value it that much, I somehow ignore it).
Well that is interesting
you always loved to travel
and your Jupiter is peregrine in 9th house of places far from home

keep in mind that
perennial travellers are often viewed as 'drifters' and 'rootless'
simply because they love to travel and so are rarely 'at home'
'foreigners' are frequently regarded with suspicion by 'locals'

Note that your domicile ascendant ruler is your 4th house Libra Moon
also peregrine at 21 degrees libra

and i
n old English, to 'peregrinate' simply means to wander far from home
those who wander far from home are not 'doomed'

I don't think(and never have) that my life is one bumpy road or it comes as hard.
Usually up until now (I'm 15) I've considered myself one of the luckiest blokes out there
and everything I'm involved in 90% of the time goes well.
Such as setting a goal.
For example, I started to give it my all at school last year (I had average-good grades, still, before that)
and after not that much effort I became the best one. I started getting 9-10s.
that's great news
since you enjoy languages, take the opportunity while at school
to learn as many languages as possible
you may need them in future travels

by the way
if you qualify to teach languages that's a reliable way of earning money in any country

combusting by the sun

in theory, this is may be true.
Selfish Opinions are possible in this unity.
and I suppose to know, the debility/peregrinate is for this reason.(preventing) doesn't it ? what else ?
because Jupi already rules the triplicity of Aries. (then this is a special condition that enought to prevent dignity) why ?
however If we want to say "also there is more air sign or mercurian emphasis" ?
it doesn't some balance ? lets think especially Sun-Mercury partile conj. in Aquarius. I think both positions are not same matter.

also imo all this matters just about elemental balance and some sense of capability whichever you're in it. (and don't forget facility)

besides Why does Sun always untouchable and enough to prevent dignities? (need to understand that)

all about LIGHTS / physical basis of Astrology ? maybe you know it better JUPITERASC.
Is there something like that ? please enlighten me

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Jupiter, being located in Aries
is in Mars-ruled territory
i.e.
Mars rules Aries

A peregrine planet is a planet that has no essential dignity
irrespective of aspects

Well that is interesting
you always loved to travel
and your Jupiter is peregrine in 9th house of places far from home

keep in mind that
perennial travellers are often viewed as 'drifters' and 'rootless'
simply because they love to travel and so are rarely 'at home'
'foreigners' are frequently regarded with suspicion by 'locals'

Note that your domicile ascendant ruler is your 4th house Libra Moon
also peregrine at 21 degrees libra

and i
n old English, to 'peregrinate' simply means to wander far from home
those who wander far from home are not 'doomed'

that's great news
since you enjoy languages, take the opportunity while at school
to learn as many languages as possible
you may need them in future travels

by the way
if you qualify to teach languages that's a reliable way of earning money in any country

Thanks. In fact, it's quite rare for me to know this much English for my age. It's because I started learning English when I was 5, but not by any classes or anything, instead by listening at the TV in Belgrade, Serbia. I moved from my natal country when I was like 4, and then moved again when I was 5, and then multiple times to Paris and to Italy. Right now I'm back at home. I've spent more time outside the country than I've spent here. Also, did you look at the ascensional version of the chart? Why does nobody look upon this? The latitude of the planets change making the chart topocentric. In this version, my :sun: :conjunct: :jupiter: IS cazimi.

Also I do consider my :jupiter: strong even after all these things. How can the qualities of a planet be weakened when conjunct the :sun:? Reading the :conjunct: says that my soul, my purpose in life, my ego and my power urge are combined with :jupiter:'s qualities? When a planet is combust and :conjunct:, does it lose power because it gives the qualities to the :sun:?

It's like saying :jupiter: is a lot more powerful in :sagittarius: in a house where nothing else is and barely making any aspects, rather than being :conjunct: the :sun:? Also, my changes of residence have been way too much to be just caused by the :moon:

And one more thing: Yes, I have considered teaching languages... But I'd rather just learn by myself and maybe don't teach (I get too desperate when people don't understand what I'm saying) -Maybe that's the :aries: influence over that powerful :jupiter: and :sun:. I personally rather learn a lot but not give the information to others whie being serious. I love learning. I know more astrology than my mother, who started learning 20 years ago, and I've only been studying it for like a couple of months. It's because I never give up on it. If you tell me my :jupiter: is weak, then I will find a way to contradict your statement. Just pure obstinacy :)taurus:?). My :aries: energy is modified by :sagittarius: since :sun: :jupiter: have a :trine: to :pluto: in :sagittarius: and a :sextile: to :uranus: and :parsfortunae:. What I like to do is to tell everybody when I learned something, but not seriously (not like a profession, if you know what I mean)

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Also I think that in Vedic astrology my :jupiter: is the king of the :conjunct:, therefore my :jupiter: holds my :sun:, and therefore the equivalent of my :sun: is :jupiter:? It's like when you're reading my chart, first yo look at :jupiter: and then at the :sun:?

JUPITERASC

Thanks. In fact, it's quite rare for me to know this much English for my age. It's because I started learning English when I was 5, but not by any classes or anything, instead by listening at the TV in Belgrade, Serbia. I moved from my natal country when I was like 4, and then moved again when I was 5, and then multiple times to Paris and to Italy. Right now I'm back at home. I've spent more time outside the country than I've spent here.
keep in mind
Jupiter is exalted in your ascendant SIGN Cancer
and
natal Jupiter is Peregrine i.e. 'a wanderer in places far from home'
furthermore
Moon, domicile ruler of ascendant is also Peregrine i.e. 'a wanderer far from home'
AND close to IC
much of your life having been spent abroad,
then obviously your being perceived as a 'foreigner'
is not so unusual

Whole sign houses would place Libra Moon in 4th whole sign house

Also, did you look at the ascensional version of the chart? Why does nobody look upon this?
If you posted the ascensional version of the chart
then members could view it

The latitude of the planets change making the chart topocentric. In this version, my :sun: :conjunct: :jupiter: IS cazimi.

Also I do consider my :jupiter: strong even after all these things.
How can the qualities of a planet be weakened when conjunct the :sun:?
Easily
i.e.
briefly
the sun is fiery
fire burns
that's damaging

Reading the :conjunct: says that my soul, my purpose in life, my ego and my power urge are combined with :jupiter:'s qualities? When a planet is combust and :conjunct:, does it lose power because it gives the qualities to the :sun:?

It's like saying :jupiter: is a lot more powerful in :sagittarius: in a house where nothing else is and barely making any aspects, rather than being :conjunct: the :sun:? Also, my changes of residence have been way too much to be just caused by the :moon:

And one more thing: Yes, I have considered teaching languages... But I'd rather just learn by myself and maybe don't teach (I get too desperate when people don't understand what I'm saying) -Maybe that's the :aries: influence over that powerful :jupiter: and :sun:. I personally rather learn a lot but not give the information to others whie being serious. I love learning. I know more astrology than my mother, who started learning 20 years ago, and I've only been studying it for like a couple of months. It's because I never give up on it. If you tell me my :jupiter: is weak, then I will find a way to contradict your statement. Just pure obstinacy :)taurus:?). My :aries: energy is modified by :sagittarius: since :sun: :jupiter: have a :trine: to :pluto: in :sagittarius: and a :sextile: to :uranus: and :parsfortunae:. What I like to do is to tell everybody when I learned something, but not seriously (not like a profession, if you know what I mean)
simply that if you enjoy languages,
then study as many as possible, since for you it is fun
then you have a reliable way of earning a living
IF ever required

teaching requires patience though

JUPITERASC

in theory, this is may be true.
Selfish Opinions are possible in this unity.
and I suppose to know, the debility/peregrinate is for this reason.(preventing) doesn't it ? what else ?
because Jupi already rules the triplicity of Aries.
(then this is a special condition that enought to prevent dignity) why ?
Not always
Jupiter rules the Triplicity of Aries ONLY AT NIGHT

i.e.
note that in the TABLE OF ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES Triplicity of planets Column
'D' = Day = Day Ruler
'N' = Night = Night Ruler

and

the chart under discussion is a Day chart :smile:
so Aries SUN is Triplicity ruler in this case
as well as Exalted ruler

SUN is essentially far more dignified than Jupiter

it doesn't some balance ? lets think especially Sun-Mercury partile conj. in Aquarius. I think both positions are not same matter.

also imo all this matters just about elemental balance and some sense of capability whichever you're in it. (and don't forget facility)

besides Why does Sun always untouchable and enough to prevent dignities? (need to understand that)

all about LIGHTS / physical basis of Astrology ? maybe you know it better JUPITERASC.

Now Yes you are right:) I had forgotten or confused. I'm so impulsive :)
in this case, It's peregrine.

and what do you think about mine touchs in your second quote ?

Julian

Banned
keep in mind
Jupiter is exalted in your ascendant SIGN Cancer
and
natal Jupiter is Peregrine i.e. 'a wanderer in places far from home'
furthermore
Moon, domicile ruler of ascendant is also Peregrine i.e. 'a wanderer far from home'
AND close to IC
much of your life having been spent abroad,
then obviously your being perceived as a 'foreigner'
is not so unusual

Whole sign houses would place Libra Moon in 4th whole sign house

If you posted the ascensional version of the chart
then members could view it

Easily
i.e.
briefly
the sun is fiery
fire burns
that's damaging

simply that if you enjoy languages,
then study as many as possible, since for you it is fun
then you have a reliable way of earning a living
IF ever required

teaching requires patience though

I couldn't find the ascensional chart in astro.com, so I'm going to submit an image from another site. (Sorry if you don't understand Spanish)

Also, it is said that the ecliptical chart has to do with mental realities and the ascensional with life events, with realities. For example, my :jupiter: may be combust in my mental reality, but it's not like that in real life. I actually had a hard time noticing how much I liked languages and travelling. I thought I didn't like them that much til not too long ago.

Attachments

• cn_e6e1dc92d2a328f389e45054f428c7cd.png
    cn_e6e1dc92d2a328f389e45054f428c7cd.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 24
  • proof.PNG
    proof.PNG
    64.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Ascendant of this chart is WATER ELEMENT
WATER ELEMENT has a need for emotional security
and a PRIMARY MOTIVATION to seek EMOTIONAL SECURITY

The primary motivation is what we unconsciously
and often consciously seek.
Once that motivation is interrupted, we seek to fix that in every possible way.

Robert Zoller says:
Quote:

"By means of it, we may understand what the native wants. All other wants and desires are negotiable, but not the Primary Motivation. If you interfere with another person's ability to realize their Primary Motivation, they are gone."

In this chart we can see that Moon is strong by accident (being on an angle). This person would seek to satisfy their need for Emotional Security in the home, in the place of the father. The father would be the means through which this person would try to achieve their Emotional Security.

Jupiter - the exalted ruler is weakened by combustion and isn't necessarily able to provide or give the emotional security this person seeks.

HOWEVER
Jupiter IS strong by Whole Sign location in 10th so a career could provide emotional security for the native

and
Jupiter by universal means suggests that the native would seek wisdom, and philosophical understanding

but

may have difficulty with finding the kind of career where that is possible :smile:

and Jupiter is in 9th house by Quadrant house system
so then the native could enjoy a career involving long distance travel to places far from home
as the native would then enjoy the company of people from other cultures
with plenty of philosophy and opportunities to gain wisdom

HOWEVER

note that Jupiter is OPPOSED by angular MOON on IC

Julian

Banned
Ascendant of this chart is WATER ELEMENT
WATER ELEMENT has a need for emotional security
and a PRIMARY MOTIVATION to seek EMOTIONAL SECURITY

The primary motivation is what we unconsciously
and often consciously seek.
Once that motivation is interrupted, we seek to fix that in every possible way.

Robert Zoller says:
Quote:

"By means of it, we may understand what the native wants. All other wants and desires are negotiable, but not the Primary Motivation. If you interfere with another person's ability to realize their Primary Motivation, they are gone."

In this chart we can see that Moon is strong by accident (being on an angle). This person would seek to satisfy their need for Emotional Security in the home, in the place of the father. The father would be the means through which this person would try to achieve their Emotional Security.

Jupiter - the exalted ruler is weakened by combustion and isn't necessarily able to provide or give the emotional security this person seeks.

HOWEVER
Jupiter IS strong by Whole Sign location in 10th so a career could provide emotional security for the native

and
Jupiter by universal means suggests that the native would seek wisdom, and philosophical understanding

but

may have difficulty with finding the kind of career where that is possible :smile:

and Jupiter is in 9th house by Quadrant house system
so then the native could enjoy a career involving long distance travel to places far from home
as the native would then enjoy the company of people from other cultures
with plenty of philosophy and opportunities to gain wisdom

HOWEVER

note that Jupiter is OPPOSED by angular MOON on IC
One thing I don't get: If my :sun: wrecks my :jupiter:, then does that mean that a :conjunct: means absolutely nothing? If the :sun: burns the qualities of any planet, then the :conjunct: has no effect? If you read descriptions on :sun: :conjunct: :jupiter:, it clearly states that your :sun: gains the qualities of :jupiter:, and this is considered fortunate. Also all this emotional security that I seek can be solved through originality and enlightenment.

:moon: :trine: :uranus: ---> whom is in :sextile: with :sun::jupiter:

So you could read it this way:

At first I don't manage to find that emotional security :)moon:) but by a struck of luck :)uranus:,:jupiter:) I manage to find that path. This leads me to transformation :)pluto:) which results in wealth, power and self-esteem :)sun:)

Didn't the word :conjunct: mean 'to unify'? Why would it combust my :jupiter: if they're unified? That should happen with :saturn: :conjunct: a planet? Because the table of accidental dignities says that any planet with a partile :conjunct: with :saturn: loses power.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

One thing I don't get: If my :sun: wrecks my :jupiter:,
then does that mean that a :conjunct: means absolutely nothing?
If the :sun: burns the qualities of any planet, then the :conjunct: has no effect?
Conjunctions have an effect ~ the nature of the conjunction governs the nature of the effect :smile:

The nature of a conjunction with the sun is 'getting burned'
i.e. combust

UNLESS the planet is CAZIMI

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.

This is the basic rule.
The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Robert Zoller gives the example of his own chart
where he has Combust Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th.
He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Robert Zoller gives example from his own chart:
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited by Mars in 11th = Wisdom coming from conflicts.

JUPITERASC

So you could read it this way:

At first I don't manage to find that emotional security :)moon:) but by a struck of luck :)uranus:,:jupiter:) I manage to find that path.
This leads me to transformation :)pluto:) which results in wealth, power and self-esteem :)sun:)
You are entitled to your opinion

Keep us updated

Julian

Banned
Conjunctions have an effect ~ the nature of the conjunction governs the nature of the effect :smile:

The nature of a conjunction with the sun is 'getting burned'
i.e. combust

UNLESS the planet is CAZIMI

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.

This is the basic rule.
The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Robert Zoller gives the example of his own chart
where he has Combust Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th.
He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Robert Zoller gives example from his own chart:
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited by Mars in 11th = Wisdom coming from conflicts.

I posted before my ascensional chart, where :jupiter: is cazimi

Attachments

• cn_e6e1dc92d2a328f389e45054f428c7cd.png
    cn_e6e1dc92d2a328f389e45054f428c7cd.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 22
  • proof.PNG
    proof.PNG
    64.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

But weren't you telling me that I was wrong?
Not necessarily ~ no-one 'is right' and no-one 'is wrong'
because
quite obviously
since astrologers with different opinions
get good results using different methods
then
everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Julian

Banned
Not necessarily ~ no-one 'is right' and no-one 'is wrong'
because
quite obviously
since astrologers with different opinions
get good results using different methods
then
everyone is entitled to their own opinion

But what you've said contradicts a lot of things

such as the description of :sun: :conjunct: :jupiter:. I haven't read it as really bad! It's actually good. Why is it then that :jupiter: is forever doomed in my chart? I thought that :sun: :conjunct: :jupiter: made me lucky. Also the ascensional chart (lifetime events) calculates my :jupiter: as cazimi, therefore enhanced in strength? What I've seen is this (in my life)

I've had trouble with my beliefs in my mind, I'm somewhat unsecure at times about them, and I had self-esteem problems when I was younger (not anymore though)

But actually people say I am more self confident than I think I am, and I've never ended up looking insecure with my beliefs on the outside, so to speak.

Also I had a :jupiter: :conjunct: :northnode: transit not too long ago, and that's when I became confident with my beliefs and my self-esteem exploded. (I don't try to act cocky, though.)

Also I've been blessed with an excellent health ever since I was born. I was about to die when I was born (I had a disease) but I made it through by a miracle.