Joan Rivers. Paying the Piper, with Saturn in Scorpio.

ashriia

I was late to learn of Joan Rivers nearly dying, from surgery to her vocal chords. Which many think was for entirely cosmetic purposes. So now that she is out of her coma, there is the possibility of severe brain damage.

When I read of this I immediately thought of Saturn in Scorpio, and the eclipses in April of 2014. In this case pluto in cap is also playing a part. And how karma is catching up to her, with the two most karmic planets working together (or in mutual reception). Now, let me say I would never wish anyone ill. Especially not a old woman. But I do feel karma has caught up to her.

This IMO is best illustrated by her horrendous comments back in April, concerning the 3 woman who were tortured in that psycho's house. According to the natal chart on astrodatabank the first eclipse hit her 7th house. And she received national criticism for her comment, which she refused to apologize for, but then just went on to say even more.

So then we have the second eclipse which hit her Taurus ruled 2nd house, and of course affected the axis between 2nd & 8th with Saturn transiting Scorp. And it seems very venusian/plutonian that if she went in for cosmetic surgery(a woman who has made a career out of insulting others for their appearances mostly) that her 8th house scorpio, being activated by the karmic heavies would unfold in plutonic/saturnian fashion.

Personally I think the upcoming october eclipses are going to have the final say. The october 8th one will hit her Aries ascendant. October 23rd her 8th house.

I am not a fan of her, which is clear. But I tried to be polite as possible.
And I am only talking about her here, because I'd like to hear what others have to say about how astrology ties into the events that have befallen her. Kind- of - a- morbid curiosity, if you will. My interpretations are obviously are not perfect. please forgive how choppy my interpretations are, but I'm here to learn.

astrodatabank has her TOB at 2:00am. which sounds rounded off, but it's probably around that time, and listed as 6/08/1933 Brooklyn, NY.

Attachments

• joan rivers.jpg
    joan rivers.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 38

ashriia

She died today. I thought she'd at least make it to October. Anyway.. Since I created this posting I thought I would follow it up with her transits for her death date, at her location of death.

I am not interested in her death or astro analysis of it, but I thought to add the chart for anyone interested in looking at the transits.

Attachments

• JR transits death.jpg
    JR transits death.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 30

ashriia

She was such a stupid ***** in the end

on the one hand she always called a spade a spade and I admired her for her for her non PC speech

On the other a few weeks ago she came out with outrageous statements like all Palestinians deserve to die

She ****** up big time

she made me lose my love for her

Stupid stupid woman and let's face it her plastic surgery WAs sad!!!

Yes, her comments were purely evil in regard to palestinians that have been killed. No empathy whatsoever from her. It is extremely disturbing to see someone speak that way. According to internet sources, she received alot of negativity and death threats from a great many for those comments made. That sort of collective energy goes somewhere, but she manifested it, for herself. Everything comes full circle. Personally, I think our world is purifying itself... the last stages of death before the rebirth. ( when Pluto moves in aquarius ) And the podiums of people like her, are slowly being taken away. Because they are not contributing to the whole in a positive way. just my 2 cents! :smile:

Bunraku

Personally, I think our world is purifying itself... the last stages of death before the rebirth. ( when Pluto moves in aquarius ) And the podiums of people like her, are slowly being taken away. Because they are not contributing to the whole in a positive way. just my 2 cents! :smile:

Wow reading that gave me the chills! :sad:
The generational planets seem to involve those things you mention.

greybeard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-2bVyQcgU

The link will take you into Joan Rivers memories and feelings, fragments of her life.

On the one hand we have people here who adore Charles Manson, and in this thread Joan Rivers is reviled. Go figure.

I'm an astrologer, and when it comes to studying a chart I make an attempt to set personal feelings for someone aside. I try to see how the chart reflects the actual life, without judgment.

Her chart is "irregular". It is not easy to classify the whole-chart pattern...it doesn't fit into any easy categorization.

I consider this chart to be a splay (which is by nature "irregular") and find that Saturn stands out for two reasons: first, he is essentially independent of all the other planets (which are all disposed by Mercury), and second is the quincunx to the Mars-Jupiter conjunction at focus in the Common T-square from the cusp of the 12th (5*).

Moon is of course quite powerful too. She is in exact opposition to Sun (+33') and stands high in the heavens.

We find Uranus rising (-23*), still well within the First House. Here is one component of her caustic sense of humor (and Uranus square Pluto; Mercury sextile Uranus from 3rd which he rules...and Mercury partile conjunct Venus, lord of 2nd).

The interview with clinical psychologist Pamela Stephenson reveals a good deal about Rivers. For those folks with a serious interest in astrology and the psychological effects of childhood on our adult lives, this is an interesting study.

Something I noticed in the interview, which wasn't brought forward explicitly, was the way that Rivers' relationships, when they end, are done and over. The end is final, the bridges are burned.

The chart has several special features. Two planets, in partile conjunction, are in the last degree. Here we have the opportunity to study the significance of the last degree as it actually became manifest in this life. We also have the opportunity to decide for ourselves if a planet (Saturn here) within 5 degrees of a house cusp should be considered as in the following house [Saturn is powerful and we should be able to notice his effects].

Last edited:

ashriia

The relationships pattern in her life sound like pluto is involved. Can saturn work like that, creating such endings in relationships as well? Because I am unfamiliar with saturn creating that kind of energy.

As for setting aside personal feelings/judgement for her I kind of did or had to in order to investigate her chart at all. Curiosity trumped my personal feelings but maybe just not in the same way a more objective personality would. Which doesn't make much difference anyway since we are still brought to looking at the astrology behind the same woman.

I don't know of the Manson people your referring to on here so I can't comment on them. But if you open a channel or link to sick people--I do know that you invite that energy into your life. We also have quite a few mentally unstable members, so.. that's something to be considered.

Love2Know

Our personal bias colours everything we do/look at/study... very problamatic in the sciences http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
I have witnessed this here a lot.

greybeard

Yes, our personality colors everything we touch... That can't be helped.
But I did say "attempt to...."

Everything that a human being creates, does, says... is simply a projection of the inner self into the outer world. Our personal bias is a part of us.

ashriia

it's kind of ironic, here we are discussing placing aside personal judgement on a Joan Rivers thread, the queen bee of personal judgements/attacks. :whistling: