Advice please re tomorrow's Eclipse

Not sure if I'm in the right forum - apoligies if I'm not.
Tomorrow's eclipse is 18 degrees Virgo and my Moon is in first house at 18 degrees Pisces. Also my MC is 19 Sagittarius. Can anyone give me any advice please. In 1993 the Solar Eclipse was conjunct my Sun and it wasn't a good time! (transitting Pluto was conjunct the MC at that time too - so many changes).

Help please.

PYXIS

my ascendent is 18 virgo...so I am expecting a powerful blast from this eclipse! I have been feeling this energy building for sometime now.:sunny:

astromony

Really, the skies look pretty ominous over this eclipse period with Sun and Moon square Pluto and oppose Uranus and Mars square Pluto while Venus oppose Neptune. I don't know what to make of it all, to say the truth.

I know that in March of this year, the eclipses were switched with the solar eclipse in pisces and the lunar in virgo. So, the same issues will be present. I have been sensitive to this year's eclipses too as my true node and moon have been in aspect to them.

QuaOs

Freaky. The last lunar eclipse occurred in my 12th, conjuncting my Asc within 3 degs. and squaring Jupiter at my MC. Now this solar eclipse occurred in my 7th, around my Des I suppose. Does this eclipse cover Thailand? Hmm... I need to go and check.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi, From what I have been taught, the eclipse occurs SOMEWHERE in your natal chart- The axis affected is what comes into play..for everyone, not just those with planets on the path of the eclipse..I have the eclipse on my MC cj moon....About 5 clients rescheduled their appointments this week, I noticed... I agree Jag that Squares are not so impacted.by eclipses but I think everyone gets an effect of it..just a question of where on the natal..Cheers, Lillyjgc

starlink

Hi there! Eclipses by themselves have little effect on the life if they do not coincide with heavy transits or progressions at the same time. So look at the transit formed and see in which house the Lunar or Solar Eclipse falls. Things will probably happen in that part of your life, triggered by the Eclipse.
Any new or full Moon ,eclipse or not, will activate that part of the chart where it falls (it gives focus to this area). The conjunction is the most important aspect to consider, followed by the opposition. Other aspects are very much subsidiary to the conjunction.
In case of a Full Moon the house polarity is emphasized of course and this will be especially noticeable if it occurs conjuct the angles. The Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse is probably stronger than the New Moon and Solar Eclipse. The Lunar Eclipse of 28 August was Total and the Solar Eclipse of today is Partial .So when strong transits are present (Uranus conjunct Asc., Pluto conjunct MC, Saturn conjunct the 7th, you name it) then probably during a few month, with all the New and Full Moons and the occasional Eclipse, there will be a lot going on and major changes can be expected (probably related to the area where the Eclipse or usual Lunation falls). It is actually very difficult to figure out whether it was the Eclipse or the transit that created so much happiness or havock in the life.
Eclipses can apparently bring good things as well, when the transits for the moment are favourable. This is what I have read mostly about Eclipses and it sounds plausible to me. Personally, I look very seldom at lunations, just curious where the Eclipse falls, because the transits are doing the work anyways. Eclipse can serve as a trigger, just like lunations and even the transiting Moon occasionally. I would not worry too much about Eclipses.

BearCindie

Thank you, thank you, for the great advice! You reinforced what I thought true about eclipses. I also believe in only using a tight orb, 3 degrees or so? Today's eclipse hits "close" to my Jupiter in the 4th at 21 degrees VIrgo. I have thought heavily this month on moving, which also involves ending a long-term relationship, but perhaps this is more related to heavy transits. I have a splay chart and transits usually involve more than one aspect which makes it hard for me to follow. I'll head over to the transit forum for more advice.....

Neptune Rising

Ive had the craziest set of eclipses this year. March 19th solar conjunct natal Juno/progressed Ceres, August 28th Lunar conjunct Moon, September 11th Solar exactly opposite Ceres across 3rd/9th houses. Someone is trying to tell me something!! Its a fascinating subject.

NR

Atria

Hello , i think we need to study these eclipses, the Piscis eclipse falls at exact degree of the eight cuspid of the natal chart of a dear friend and his son (34 years old) had a serious accident this 1 of september and then he died on september 6, and the eight is the four of his son, and in his solar return has many planets in eight house, again by derivates is the four of her son, her birth data is 14 december 1945 , 1h 12m 08s am, ascendant 24º 34cancer GMT Buenos Aires Argentina, 34s35 58w26the yesterday eclipse falls i too at my saturn natal it is at 18º 58 of virgo , and my ascendant is at 21º 34 saggitarius, and at the lunar return falls at my eight house, i forgot to move it i dont realize that falls there, some degrees wouldnt be so partil , at my solar it doesnt make conjunctions with any cuspid or planet, my natal saturn is at ten house squaring my sun at the ascendant, i had another experience with an eclipse with my cousin, Pepita Sanchis spanish astrologer, made a traduction from the latin of the book XXV of Astrologia Gallica of Morin de Villefranche is at her site, is very interesting the examples and the comentaries, one is of the political falling of Aznar. Hoping that it wont be so awful to the world, and for us too. the best Atria

QuaOs

Arian Maverick said:
That's some serious stuff! :eek:

How long does the influence of an eclipse last? Until the next one?

Arian Maverick

My hypothesis, influence of the eclipse itself should be cleared when another solar/lunar cycle completes at the same point (without another eclipse), which is, the next one lunar year. But the "imprint" of other strong, slow transits occuring at the time of that eclipse could last longer.

Neptune Rising

Ive been studying the eclipse on my natal Juno in March 19th this year. Ive been watching transiting Mars and the Sun as they make squares, trines to natal Juno. When the Sun squared it, there was some open conflict. I guess I missed the effect of the trine because it was so smooth. Mars is going to square it whilst at the same time Sun will oppose it at the end of this week. Im predicting an event, heaven knows what!:86:

NR

a3hourtour

I hope it's OK to post a question here:
The eclipse this week is
conj my AC with Chiron and Merc. ret. (2 degree orb)
square venus/Saturn (1 degree)

and Progressed moon squares mars (from 4th to 1st house)
While transiting Pluto opposes natal Moon. (1 degree)
Meanwhile: Transiting Uranus squares sun (1 degree)

And.. even more interesting:
The Lunar Eclipse on Feb 21:
Sun conj my mars, while Moon will conj. my Pluto; in my intercepted 1st & 7th.
And I see Transiting Mars will conj my moon (2 degree approaching).
Oh. Lookey, lookey: my natal moon squares the 8th cusp within some 30 minutes.
Should I hide under my bed?

Thanks!
I will sit back and learn.
Natal Data: Dec 10, 1954 10:35 am, Los Angeles, CA
Susan