Sabians and the Nodes

kbell

Re: The Signs of Exaltation for the Nodes?

I always thought north node was exalted in Gemini and south in Sagi.

E

eternalautumn

Here is the underlying reason for the Nodes' exaltations:

Altair Astrology Blog said:
...Consider that the Moon has her domicile in Cancer and the Sun his exaltation in Aries then it is not very difficult to see why the North Node, the node of increase, has its exaltation in Gemini, where the antiscia of a Cancer Moon are located. And conversely the descending node, the one of decrease, must have its exaltation at the corresponding antiscia of the Moon’s detriment.

Virgo, the second domicile of Mercury is where the exaltation points of the Sun have their antiscia, and would point, if one were searching for a domicile for the North Node, to Virgo.

http://altairastrology.wordpress.com/2008/08/12/nodes-in-exaltation/

The Sabian Symbols have nothing to do with determining the dignity and debility of the Planets and Nodes. They are a modern invention whereas the dignity of the Nodes was determined long ago.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member

...Modern Invention?...they are as old as time itself...it's just that we have only recently re-obtained them in a more modern symbology...

They were "channeled" in a park one day in 1925. That's the very definition of a modern invention.

eedwards

:surprised::biggrin::lol:

Next lesson....how to confuse\destroy the essential dignities by using "bowl" "splash" and "locomotive" patterns.....

Oh no....that was a joke...we really aren't going to go there...are we??? :confused:

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

How disappointing. I actually thought you were somewhat decent, PTV. Now you're making jokes about other astrologers? Pathetic.

This may be the Sabian Symbol board, but your question involved the Nodes. As far as I know, no "dignities" are "created" by any Sabian symbol, ever. I've never heard of that before. If you're proposing that people start doing this, you may want to find a couple hundred people that agree with you and spend a few thousand years perfecting the technique, meaning, and interpretation of forming these "dignities". Get back to me, and every other serious astrologer, after that.

Neptune Rising

All

Can we agree to disagree? We all have different viewpoints, but can we try and refrain from putting down other's points of view, and putting down others as well?

Thanks

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member

Traditional technique is greatly flawed...Yes it is!...when was the last time an Astrologer providing an Earth shaking, nation saving, light of humanity salvaging answer?...nada!....Traditional Astrolgers are batting about a .150 Avg in the 'Big Leagues"...]

Well, from what I can recollect there was the Great Plague, the Fire of London, and most recently Zoller's prediction of 9/11.

When did Sabians do that?

flea

do you think that sign preferment is very different from edgree preferment?? Can you have degrees that are preferred and have signs preferred....but in different signs?

And has anyone had a look at all phrases within one sign and looked to a collective feel, statement etc?

Question.....the gemini north node preferment....is that a modern thing only, how far back does it go?

FleaXX

rahu

Banned

this thread is a bit confusion.i an assuming by exaltation and dignification you mean something a kin to rulership.
i experience with the node has lead me to give exaltatio to gemini for the north nose and scorpio for the south node.
this is based on want i have exprerienced as their natures rather than picking these exaltations in relation to a philosophic paradigm.

rahu

freedomlover

After reading your last post on this thread, PTV, I think a lightbulb finally went off! I'd been having trouble following what you were trying to say, but this is how it made sense to me:

Where would the Nodes and the Sabian Symbols have to match up in order for them to fully express where humanity has been in the dregs and where it is going in order to bring a Utopian society on Earth ( or something along that effect). Yes, I think of no better combination of the Sabian Symbols than the ones for 30' Cancer and 30' Cap to describe this polarity of humanity's issues.(29 degrees Cancer and Cap, according to my terminology - LOL, but I digress)

HOWEVER, it is the degrees of the Sabian Symbol, and not the Nodes themselves, that is the point here. For instance, the July 21, 2009 eclipse was on a New Moon in Cancer - of which the Nodes were involved. But say that the nodes were in some other signs, and there had been just a regular Full Moon at that time.... You would have had Sun at 30' Cancer and Moon at 30' Cap. The same Sabian Symbols would have come into play. Or if you'd had a Mars/Pluto opposition - with Mars at 30' Cancer and Pluto at 30 Capricorn... the same Sabian Symbols would have come into play. (Gee - that one is going to happen in roughly 14 more years.. it should be very interesting to see what comes up when Mars and Pluto hits those degrees!)

So, overall, I think what you are seeing here is that the Nodes were involved in the New Moon eclipse on July 21, 2009. I've read that that particular eclipse was supposed to be one of the most powerful ones ever, and would have a huge impact on mankind. So, the Sabian Symbols are, of course, just doing their job, and repeating and confirming the message. There is no doubt that that date was a pivotal point in humanity's spiritual development, although I do not believe we have yet felt the full impact of it. I wonder what planets will have to transit this to trigger some more release of the energies? (Hmmm.. that is a topic for another thread, I think!)

I don't know if I just "got" what you said, or if I "got" what you said, and then "got" some more to go with it, but I know I'm on to something here.

Thanks for once again opening my mind to more possibilities, PTV!

freedomlover

You've filled me in before on the importance of the Part of Hyleg, and I'm beginning to gain a little understanding. However, I'm not "getting" why you are talking about it right now. How does the Part of Hyleg figure in here - WHAT "Part of Hyleg" are you referring to - from Jesus Birth Chart? the eclipse? .......?

freedomlover

I've given some explanation in the threads I've started on Historical hindsight through Sabian analogy and on the threads about the current Mars retro and next years Pluto retro situation and how it is interpreted through a Rudhyarian oriented technique. [...as Rudhyar laid out the process by implication and explanation in some of his books and articles...but I don't know of any examples of this that He produced or published.]
The symbolism of the degree the Planet in question at the point of impasse, where-in it starts itcomplete process of analysis somewhere in one of his writings]s' retrograde motion and the subsequent degree, where-in it stalls again and starts its' 'Final Return' to the original point of impasse should be understood that the Planets degree symbolism is always held accountable to the symbolism of the degree that the N. Node is found in at each juncture.
This is the same relationship is said of all Arabic Parts to the Part of Hyleg symbolically [and probably by aspect also...I would surmise, given this added importance.]

Thus, my expression that, the symbolism of the degree of the Planets is 'rooted' to the symbolism of the degrees of the Nodes...well, certainly the North Node I would assume.
Aah... I was not aware of that school of thought - that the North Node had special importance. So, if I'm understanding you right, the Sabian for the degree of the North Node at the point that Mars went retrograde in Leo this past December would have something to say about the Mars retrograde cycle?