Mars Conjunct Descendant

AppLeo

I've been trying to research this placement, and I still have a gray sense of what it really means. Having a debilitated Mars conjunct my 7th house, and being ruler over my 10th house is utterly concerning to me. Is my reputation doomed?

Like what does it actually mean??? My Mars is also widely trine my MC... so that's good right?

And then I have Venus in Cancer exactly trine my MC. I'm wondering if my reputation or life work will be solely based on charming people and gaining possessions through relationships and art. It seems that if I pursue any action of my own that would cause much emotional turmoil for myself and others.

All advice is welcomed.

astro_2gw_01_chris.61820.2081.jpg

conspiracy theorist

You could be in the business of writing divisive literature (You're already gaining some practice on here). But as a consequence of that, you'll have to develop your public speaking abilities so that in the event you are asked to speak in front of a crowd, you won't crumble.

That also sidesteps having to work with others too much in a business sense, as the malefic out of sect and debilitated on the 7th exactly doesn't portend peaceful/smooth business partnerships.

Melancholic temperament, Moon in Virgo shows that the research aspect to writing won't deter you. MC in Scorpio might suggest deep probing. That is needed to create good pieces of literature.

katydid

Using a modern perspective, I would focus more on the 3rd house than the 10th, in terms of the Mars rulership.

Aries on the 3rd , when working well, might signify coordination, agility, a ready wit, biting criticism, incisive perceptive skills, quick wittedness. It signifies creative communication, writing skills/talent, and the ability to express oneself well...

Under debilitated Mars rulership it might indicate restlessness, tendency to be quarrelsome, a scattering of one’s energies, depletion of energy, and one’s goals and ambitions must be constantly re-booted..and refocused.

I think the descendant is underrated in terms of it’s importance and sensitivity in a natal chart. It is the point of ‘union’—of relating and of partnership. It is that one specific point where we ‘meet’ another person halfway and try to merge/bond/connect.

So having Mars there can be tricky. But to be honest, I’d rather see a Mars in Cancer there than a Mars in Aries or Leo. LOL

Mars is ‘the self’ and one’s own self interests. So placing it at the least ‘self oriented’ spot in the chart can feel awkward.

When things are going well, Mars in the 7th can be ambitious, enthusiastic with a love of teamwork, a friendly and cordial charm that wins people over, the ability to succeed through making strong emotional connections with clients, and customers…

When things are tense, Mars on the descendant can be moody, overly dependent upon others, and too frank/harsh to the point of causing drama or turmoil.

The savior for you might be the Moon,which disposits the Mars. The Moon is conjunct the NN, trine Saturn and square Pluto. So it has some stressors as well. But it does control the Mars energy by being sensitive to others needs and wanting to be of service and beneficial, overall. It softens that harshness and allows you to keep friendships and relationships intact.

And the mental skills of the Moon in Virgo can provide you with an outlet because of the skills/gifts which come with it. Writing, painting, creating, assessing, relating, reviewing, aesthetics etc......

david starling

You could be in the business of writing divisive literature (You're already gaining some practice on here). But as a consequence of that, you'll have to develop your public speaking abilities so that in the event you are asked to speak in front of a crowd, you won't crumble.

That also sidesteps having to work with others too much in a business sense, as the malefic out of sect and debilitated on the 7th exactly doesn't portend peaceful/smooth business partnerships.

Melancholic temperament, Moon in Virgo shows that the research aspect to writing won't deter you. MC in Scorpio might suggest deep probing. That is needed to create good pieces of literature.

Mystery novels require a lot of research to make them believable, and make more money than real literature. M.C. in Scorpio would help with creating the characters and atmosphere.

conspiracy theorist

Mystery novels require a lot of research to make them believable, and make more money than real literature. M.C. in Scorpio would help with creating the characters and atmosphere.

From what I know of him, he's always been dismissive of things that are mysterious or are of a spiritual nature. How would a person who has no wonderment for the transcendent write good mystery novels? In any event, he faces stiff competition in the genre anyway, from people who are much more passionate for the sublime.

Ideally you'd want that Mars ruling 10th and 3rd working for him, and not against him.

david starling

From what I know of him, he's always been dismissive of things that are mysterious or are of a spiritual nature. How would a person who has no wonderment for the transcendent write good mystery novels? In any event, he faces stiff competition in the genre anyway, from people who are much more passionate for the sublime.

Ideally you'd want that Mars ruling 10th and 3rd working for him, and not against him.

What genre are you suggesting then? :unsure: Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Spy novels. Like international intrigue.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Yeah, makes sense. But....less $$$, unless it captures people's imagination. You mean, like text books?

Depending on where he goes in life, maaaybe. He could do biographies of controversial figures - That might hijack his Mars placement particularly well. And maybe when he gets his own coherent philosophy he could publish books around his ideas.

AppLeo

Well I thought it was interesting that you guys went to writing. I forgot my 3rd house is ruled by Mars as well. One of my goals is to publish a novel one day. I already have a couple of ideas. One idea is fiction. Mystery and spiritual stuff though is boring to me. CT was right about me preferring to write nonfiction.

Public speaking is definitely something I struggle with. But I've noticed that I become utterly arrogant if I'm talking about something that I'm passionate about.

What do you guys think about my Mars trine Chiron? It's at a really tight degree. I've always struggled with my confidence and aggression in life. And I think that's why my masculinity is so crippled. Even though it's a trine. I wish I had a square because then I would force myself to be confident, but I think I've learned to settle as this passive weakling because of the trine.

conspiracy theorist

Yea, I figured you would forget about your other house ruled by Mars, but it's been coming out very much over the forums.

Speaking of, you should get a blog going to start off your less intensive writing projects. You don't need to have any expensive web work done; google provides a blog creation system for anyone with a gmail account. You might test the waters by starting up one and creating short essays. Remember that 3rd house also has internet connotations. You might be able to earn a good deal from the web (or programming actually)

Oh yeah, and forget what that horary said. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Traditionally you have a terrible Mars, but modern-wise you have a t-square involving Neptune, Saturn and Sun. That is going to do a number on your confidence and desire to shine.

AppLeo

Yea, I figured you would forget about your other house ruled by Mars, but it's been coming out very much over the forums.

lol

Speaking of, you should get a blog going to start off your less intensive writing projects. You don't need to have any expensive web work done; google provides a blog creation system for anyone with a gmail account. You might test the waters by starting up one and creating short essays. Remember that 3rd house also has internet connotations. You might be able to earn a good deal from the web (or programming actually)

Oh yeah, and forget what that horary said. Rome wasn't built in a day.

When I buy a laptop I will start my blog. My school computer won't let me and my mom won't let me use hers.

Traditionally you have a terrible Mars, but modern-wise you have a t-square involving Neptune, Saturn and Sun. That is going to do a number on your confidence and desire to shine.

Good.