Job Opportunity - Should I take this risk?

summer92

I have an internship offer at a company X and have been offered the final interview for the graduate role on the basis of the fact that I have to DROP the internship offer.

This could play out 3 ways :
a) Drop my internship offer,do the final interview and get the job.
b) Drop my internship offer,do the final interview and end up with NO job whatsoever.
b) Stick with my internship offer and do the graduate job next year (80% chance I would get it then).

I'm tempted to drop the offer and take the risk and do the job.My gut's telling me that and I posted a horary and the Moon placement has warned me.12th house?! and no contact between me and the venus (10th house :( ))

venus is strong - in her venus and in 10th house ; my secondary signifactor is making a sextile (but thats obviously not strong enough)

help please!!!

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    51.9 KB · Views: 34

rafaella

Hey Summer,

you jump from one dilemma into another, it seems like deja vu...only recently you had a similar question wasn't it? Well I suppose, its good things are happening for you!

I'd take the current position that you have an offer for as Mars (Mars rules the sign on 10th cusp), this is confirmed by Sun (you) separating from Mars trine aspect. The new (graduate position) is Venus, due to Taurus being the next sign in 10th house. Look at the dignities, Mars is debilitated in detriment, Venus is well dignified and angular. I'd say go with the new position just based on dignities.

Of course there is no aspect between Sun and Venus, but Venus exalts Moon, so they would want you....(I think) While Mars is in fall of Sun, the internship may do more harm to you.

I like the essential dignity of Moon, but yeah in 12th its pretty weak accidentally, self undoing and fear. I think you might be beside yourself with indecision with what to do.

They, the graduate position company are really not giving you much choice - why should you drop the internship and risk not have either....its not fair. I suppose they really considering you for the job, also confirmed by the chart. Still not right way to go about it.

Good luck! Go with your gut feeling! )

summer92

Hey Summer,

you jump from one dilemma into another, it seems like deja vu...only recently you had a similar question wasn't it? Well I suppose, its good things are happening for you!

I'd take the current position that you have an offer for as Mars (Mars rules the sign on 10th cusp), this is confirmed by Sun (you) separating from Mars trine aspect. The new (graduate position) is Venus, due to Taurus being the next sign in 10th house. Look at the dignities, Mars is debilitated in detriment, Venus is well dignified and angular. I'd say go with the new position just based on dignities.

Of course there is no aspect between Sun and Venus, but Venus exalts Moon, so they would want you....(I think) While Mars is in fall of Sun, the internship may do more harm to you.

I like the essential dignity of Moon, but yeah in 12th its pretty weak accidentally, self undoing and fear. I think you might be beside yourself with indecision with what to do.

They, the graduate position company are really not giving you much choice - why should you drop the internship and risk not have either....its not fair. I suppose they really considering you for the job, also confirmed by the chart. Still not right way to go about it.

Good luck! Go with your gut feeling! )

hey rafaella!

i was in a similar position in december however I rejected it as the office was not the one I wanted,plus they wanted me again to reject the internship offer in order to proceed to the final interview for the graduate program.It was too early

For the graduate program I don't have an offer which is why I'm unsure.It's simply a final interview - i had gone through all the initial stages during my internship interviews (tests etc).

Both the internship and the graduate program are at the same company :/

Yes I can't even concentrate on my exams because of this,as I'm so unsure.I want to reject the internship and just go for the final interview with the hope that I can impress them.

I'm so unsure wahh :( :( :( thank you so much rafaella!! really appreciate your help :D

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hello Summer, I'm a bit concerned about the significator for the job as Mars in Libra. It doesn't seem like a particularly great thing, being very weak and very slow, so I'm not sure I would necessarily recommend it. Is there perhaps another way this signification makes sense? What sort of business is it? What exactly is the position that you're applying for?

rafaella

Interesting, so its the same company and they have total control over the job/internship offers, they can take away the internship offer from you if you get the job....so why have you go through the decision making...very wrong! I think they are testing you to see how interested you really are in the job.

So I decided to take a look - Sun is not showing much interest in Venus. Moon is in term of Venus, and fall/triplicity of Mars. You are more interested in Venus (job), but have that 'love hate' thing going with Mars, the internship. I reckon Jupiter is the offer for interview, Moon's recent aspect to it shows what recently happened.

May I ask if you already have a date for the interview for the job? And when did you get the offer for the internship, when do you start on internship if you decide to go with it? I'm trying to check if Mars is indeed the internship, as MC is in the middle of the sign showing the internship offer was with you for some time...is that so?

Moon does aspect Venus, but it does from the 12th and has to change signs showing there being a need for change of circumstances. Its a wide aspect... Will the job start much later? I suppose you are still studying?

summer92

Hello Summer, I'm a bit concerned about the significator for the job as Mars in Libra. It doesn't seem like a particularly great thing, being very weak and very slow, so I'm not sure I would necessarily recommend it. Is there perhaps another way this signification makes sense? What sort of business is it? What exactly is the position that you're applying for?

Hey There,

It's a professional services firm and is one of the major accounting firms in the world.

I applied for the internship in the accounting/tax division last november,got through the interview and got the internship/job in December.This opportunity is normally given out to students in the penultimate year (or the year before the final year),so that if they perform well they are offered the graduate job the next year.If I went ahead with the internship I'll probably be offered a job for the next year (i.e Sep 2015) intake.

Thank you so much :)

summer92

Interesting, so its the same company and they have total control over the job/internship offers, they can take away the internship offer from you if you get the job....so why have you go through the decision making...very wrong! I think they are testing you to see how interested you really are in the job.

So I decided to take a look - Sun is not showing much interest in Venus. Moon is in term of Venus, and fall/triplicity of Mars. You are more interested in Venus (job), but have that 'love hate' thing going with Mars, the internship. I reckon Jupiter is the offer for interview, Moon's recent aspect to it shows what recently happened.

May I ask if you already have a date for the interview for the job? And when did you get the offer for the internship, when do you start on internship if you decide to go with it? I'm trying to check if Mars is indeed the internship, as MC is in the middle of the sign showing the internship offer was with you for some time...is that so?

Moon does aspect Venus, but it does from the 12th and has to change signs showing there being a need for change of circumstances. Its a wide aspect... Will the job start much later? I suppose you are still studying?

Hey Rafaella

It's apparently their policy as if I were to make the decision to attend the final interview for the graduate job,then my secured place in the internship has to be occupied by someone else.

The Interview date hasn't been set as I haven't agreed to it yet.I have until the 7th to do so :crying: but probably after the 10th June - 17th June.

yes I've had the internship offer since December.

If I were to get the job (provided I decline the internship first :sick:) it will start in mid September/October,in comparison to the internship which begins in 4 weeks.

Thank you so much for reading.It's so hard to decide,and even though I know I want to take the risk (and I'm so tempted),I feel like I shouldnt because if I mess it up I end up with NOTHING :(

rafaella

Ok....This would make sense why Moon/Venus aspect is quite wide. Moon gets to Venus (the graduate position) in 14 degrees (in real time). Venus will be at 5.11 Taurus when Moon finally completes its aspect. Now the problem is to determine whether its days, weeks or months... Cardinal/cadent is shortest normally. To my knowledge, the chart usually shows when the position starts... so even though it could be days, i think its showing weeks...Which would place it in mid September! Moon is weakened by its position, plus this is a square, so the position is not coming to you lightly.

By the way, do you get paid if you do the internship? Maybe talk with your parents and see what they say? Maybe you can look at the transits to your natal to see whats happening there?

I really hope things work out for you. I think you should do what you see fit for yourself, sometimes you just have to do what you want to do rather than relying on astrology. 'Cause remember, my interpretation can be wrong too... :)

good luck!

P.S. Post your natal with current transits/or progressions and I'll take a look.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
summer92 said:
It's a professional services firm and is one of the major accounting firms in the world.

I applied for the internship in the accounting/tax division last november,got through the interview and got the internship/job in December.This opportunity is normally given out to students in the penultimate year (or the year before the final year),so that if they perform well they are offered the graduate job the next year.If I went ahead with the internship I'll probably be offered a job for the next year (i.e Sep 2015) intake.

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately it didn't make me feel any better about the situation. :D I think it is probably safest to stick with the internship for now and try for the job next year. I think you could probably get the job with the Moon's application to Venus in the Tenth, but I also think you would grow to not like it fairly quickly since the job is signified by Mars in Libra. It sounds very competitive.

I think doing the internship would be a good way to test out the position and the company without having to risk livelihood or happiness. If things get bad it is easier to walk away from it.

Good luck!

summer92

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately it didn't make me feel any better about the situation. :D I think it is probably safest to stick with the internship for now and try for the job next year. I think you could probably get the job with the Moon's application to Venus in the Tenth, but I also think you would grow to not like it fairly quickly since the job is signified by Mars in Libra. It sounds very competitive.

I think doing the internship would be a good way to test out the position and the company without having to risk livelihood or happiness. If things get bad it is easier to walk away from it.

Good luck!

Hi there! thanks once again

well they're both the same role and involves the same functions! :) It's pretty competitive yes (the internship was as well - 100/17000 people get chosen) and I will have to sit exams next year or this year (if I get the graduate job) 3 years of professional qualification exams.

I'm just scared about not ending up with nothing.It's so risky and Im not sure how I would react if I ended up with absolutely nothing :/ If I do the internship I'm most probably guaranteed a job for next year but I can save A lot of money if I got the graduate job instead :(

Thank you so much!

summer92

Ok....This would make sense why Moon/Venus aspect is quite wide. Moon gets to Venus (the graduate position) in 14 degrees (in real time). Venus will be at 5.11 Taurus when Moon finally completes its aspect. Now the problem is to determine whether its days, weeks or months... Cardinal/cadent is shortest normally. To my knowledge, the chart usually shows when the position starts... so even though it could be days, i think its showing weeks...Which would place it in mid September! Moon is weakened by its position, plus this is a square, so the position is not coming to you lightly.

By the way, do you get paid if you do the internship? Maybe talk with your parents and see what they say? Maybe you can look at the transits to your natal to see whats happening there?

I really hope things work out for you. I think you should do what you see fit for yourself, sometimes you just have to do what you want to do rather than relying on astrology. 'Cause remember, my interpretation can be wrong too... :)

good luck!

P.S. Post your natal with current transits/or progressions and I'll take a look.

I have no idea what I'm going to do.I have exams going on but I'll probably be back on Thursday with an update.Thank you so much rafaella :) so much!

i have attached all 3 (natal+prog and both combined)

thank you so much! My gut feeling says go because a lot of people pass this stage.Aaah

Attachments

• combined.jpg
    combined.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 13
  • tran.jpg
    tran.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 12
  • prog.jpg
    prog.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 11

rafaella

Hey Summer,

I have no time right now to look at your charts, but will later tonight. I think what KnS says is sensible, and I felt that that would be wise to do if you are afraid to lose both and end up with nothing. But then again you need to look at how confident you feel and what you believe you can achieve. Frankly, if you got to this stage after so many tests and passed them all, perhaps this last interview is not a huge thing for you?

I got to go...will write again :)

summer92

thank you so much rafaella!!

i'll see how my results go which are out on the 2nd week of june :\ I think I did ok (such a huge change from last year where the anxiety took over me but this year i've been pushing myself no matter what!)

if I score ok I might just go ahead with the interview and try to vow with them improvement and stuff,but I'm not sure.

thank you so much!

summer92

I took the internship and I'm crying over it as I'm not really looking forward to it anymore.Everything's messy (with friends especially),and the stress of exams and the job have made me very depressed as of recent

rafaella

Summer,

Don't punish yourself for going for the safer option. You would have felt even worse had you gone for the job and failed - left with nothing. Because had you gone for the interview, the stress of 'this being your last chance' would have consumed you to a point where you might have failed completely. Moon even though dignified, can't really help its position, Moon has the qualities needed for the job (Moon in its own domicile, essentially strong), but in the 12th it can't perform, its paralysed. 12th house is one of the worst houses to be in.

You will get the job you want as Moon aspects Venus next. Now you can get experience with the internship and go for bigger better jobs after that.
Just concentrate on your exams, I hope you do well!

take care and good luck!

summer92

Summer,

Don't punish yourself for going for the safer option. You would have felt even worse had you gone for the job and failed - left with nothing. Because had you gone for the interview, the stress of 'this being your last chance' would have consumed you to a point where you might have failed completely. Moon even though dignified, can't really help its position, Moon has the qualities needed for the job (Moon in its own domicile, essentially strong), but in the 12th it can't perform, its paralysed. 12th house is one of the worst houses to be in.

You will get the job you want as Moon aspects Venus next. Now you can get experience with the internship and go for bigger better jobs after that.
Just concentrate on your exams, I hope you do well!

take care and good luck!

Rafaella if I could hug you across the screen to thank you for supporting me I would.

Thank you so much! I worked very hard for my exams and the results are out on the 17th.I didn't let anxiety or anything get in the way and I hope things get better.

Thank you so much!!