Virgo Moon in House 3 - Drive You to Drink

byjove

Account Closed
Hi all,

I'm looking to understand this natal situation a bit better. I'm perpetually surprised with the importance of the Moon in my chart, I never seem to take full account.

I've just been reading up on Sun Aries, Moon Virgo, and to be honest, many of the effects seem like they'd drive others to drink...oh oh! :whistling: However...I've Moon in the 3rd of Virgo, and with Cancer Rising...boosting the Moon.

I'm starting to think the world would prefer a drunk-me; I don't criticize or analyze or judge when ...tipsy, nor do I want to.

How do I make the best of best of the heightened Mercury? (Also...Mercury conjunct Pisces MC...very contradictory) And how do I soften the...rougher edges? If I'm surprised by this reading, then I'm lacking self-awareness in this area. All I know is Venus in Pisces, Mercury in Pisces and MC in Pisces will help soften the edges...and Cancer Rising should help too. When someone asks for help I don't give them the stern-face, I actually I soften up very much. And I am extremely romantic...sometimes.

Yikes! :whistling:

Last edited:
E

eternalautumn

I think the Moon being in joy in the 3rd house may have something to do with it... :smile:

Well I think you have to decide if its IN third house OR 2nd in Equal house??

do you feel it operates inthe money houses or communication houses? Virgo moon as with Cancer are both 'worriers' so do you worry about money and earning enough? do you over analyse your beliefs, value system and self esteem issues? do you have an emotional need to earn your ow income??
Then we look at aspects as to how your moon functions and it does seem to have all hard aspects :w00t:

Moon square uranus (I have this one) emotionally wanting to do something unusual that feels emotionally stimulating, exciting, different
Moon square saturn - I would say acts the opposite. Emotionally reserved, cautious quite able to endure financial hardships (prob just like mum)connected to 5th house matters. So I can't imagine you would spend money on lots of recreational trivial things or romance or children even.

"People born with the Moon H2 are frequently born to parents, one of whom at least, is aware of security- sometimes to the point of pre-occupation. A person with this placement tends to want to ‘get some money behind him’ before he develops the area of life indicated by the Sun and he is likely to remain security conscious throughout his life. The Second House experience by its nature requires a person to have extensive direct involvement with money and the material. It may well be the case that a person with an emphasised Second House can see nothing beyond or above the material plane."
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookKarmaHouse2.htm

So, do you feel emotionally a need to have some savings to make you feel secure??

byjove

Account Closed
Eternal - joy in the 3rd house? I've heard of that term before...forgotten what joy is though...

A50 - can I say both 2nd and 3rd? lol both really do apply...and in equal amounts...and personally I think the Saturn square is far stronger in my personality. And yes, my mother was/is very very money-focussed, not materialistic, but worries about all money-related issues to a heavy degree.

Eternal - joy in the 3rd house? I've heard of that term before...forgotten what joy is though...

A50 - can I say both 2nd and 3rd? lol both really do apply...and in equal amounts...and personally I think the Saturn square is far stronger in my personality. And yes, my mother was/is very very money-focussed, not materialistic, but worries about all money-related issues to a heavy degree.

OK, so the only way you are going to resolve this is through transits and progressions then. As mars is still in Leo it will however progress to Virgo and conj your Moon --THEN you must play close attention as to what areas of life it's triggering, whether 2nd or 3rd house matters....

ok,middle July then, t mars will conj moo n
http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/2000/jul2010gmt.shtml

24July T venus conj moon, then later t mercury conj moon. so try to diaryise

E

eternalautumn

Yes. Each planet "rejoices" in a certain house. Here's a link for you.

You've got a tight square from a cadent, retrograde Saturn; you are so lucky he's cadent as well. The opposition from exalted Venus probably helps a litttttttttle bit, she being nocturnal like the Moon helps too, except they are both out of sect (diurnal birth), and Venus is in the same hemisphere as the Sun... You've also got a platick (sign-based) square from peregrine Mars in the 12th, again cadent, so not as bad. Remember, being in the house of her joy strengthens her, she is where she was meant to be... But everyone else is mad at her for being there. Mercury, the domicile and exaltation lord of Virgo, is opposed her as well, but it's better than being in aversion. She is in Jupiter's term, but is averted from him, so he is of no help... Overall, a pretty messy situation, in my opinion. :smile:

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
OK, so the only way you are going to resolve this is through transits and progressions then. As mars is still in Leo it will however progress to Virgo and conj your Moon --THEN you must play close attention as to what areas of life it's triggering, whether 2nd or 3rd house matters....

ok,middle July then, t mars will conj moo n
http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/2000/jul2010gmt.shtml

24July T venus conj moon, then later t mercury conj moon. so try to diaryise

Yes that's great foresight A50, I remember dealing with Mars transits before for this. Didn't think about it's current position. Well eyes open for July, and thank you for going to the trouble of checking that out. :wink: I'll follow on that then.

byjove

Account Closed
Yes. Each planet "rejoices" in a certain house. Here's a link for you.

You've got a tight square from a cadent, retrograde Saturn; you are so lucky he's cadent as well. The opposition from exalted Venus probably helps a litttttttttle bit, she being nocturnal like the Moon helps too, except they are both out of sect (diurnal birth), and Venus is in the same hemisphere as the Sun... You've also got a platick (sign-based) square from peregrine Mars in the 12th, again cadent, so not as bad. Remember, being in the house of her joy strengthens her, she is where she was meant to be... But everyone else is mad at her for being there. Mercury, the domicile and exaltation lord of Virgo, is opposed her as well, but it's better than being in aversion. She is in Jupiter's term, but is averted from him, so he is of no help... Overall, a pretty messy situation, in my opinion. :smile:

Thanks for the analysis Eternal, and good to see you around! That square to retro Saturn in my chart...Saturn is my 7th ruler! Hmm.

Yes mutable T...the easiest of them all apparently. Yes I noted exalted Venus but out of sect, oh well, not like I can get my money back! Venus is in aversion to Libra, but Pisces and Libra are of equal light apparently, and that alleviates it. And I'm quite sure she helps out a good deal in my life. Platick? Who now? Is that sign-based? Because I only see sextiles with Mars.

I thought that face/sect etc. was all secondary to the primary considerations of sign, planet, house, aspects? The rest was to search for help when a planet was in trouble. That helps many of the other planets, but for the Moon...ruler of the AC in the 2nd/3rd of Virgo, with some tricky aspects. At least there are planets happy in the 9th and 10th to take over as ruler of the chart...:biggrin: