planets on your angles: born to rule??

theV

I heard Planets in angular houses are really important is it true ? because I have

Mars conjunct my Ic (mars libra in 4th h) and pluto in the 4th house but not aspecting 4th house

I also have my north node libra conjunct my IC and south node aries conjunct my mc

Mars/IC – Assiduous – You hold your feelings inside, keep a stiff upper lip, and cannot be diverted or deflected (heedless). You have good powers of concentration and the ability to bring all your energy to bear upon your project or object of the moment.

And north node Conjunct Ic present a happy home life and south node in MC a successful career

I also have Cardinal T-square

North Node libra mars libra and neptune cappy

North Node libra mars libra and Uranus cappy

south Node Aries mars libra and neptune cappy

South Node Aries mars libra and uranus cappy

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Actually the only proven evidence that shows planetary effects in the horoscope was done by Michael Gauqelin. He was not an astrologer but scientifically went about the task of proving or disproving astrology. How did he do this?

He linked planets in the chart to careers that people were in. For example, you would think that mars in the 10th or 1st house would be statistically significant (that means a higher than random statistical result) for say soldiers and athletes - (mars professions). He found that the western astrology angles - 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses had no significant effect on determining a person's career - mathmatically.

But he did find 2 areas of the chart that statistically showed beyond randomness that certain planets in these areas did show up in career choices.

Many astrology skeptics were floored by his findings. Mathmatical proof beyond probability. Why these 2 areas would have more of an effect on a person I don't know.

The areas in the chart? The 12th house and the 9th house (roughly). I study Vedic astrology, too. And in Vedic astrology things are backed up about 20-23 degrees. I don't know if this means anything.

Anyway, the planets that were looked at (found to have an effect) when positioned in the 9th or 12th houses were jupiter, saturn, mars, moon and venus. Jupiter showed beyond probability as a career indicator for politicians, performers, actors, etc.., mars for athletes,... moon for writers.....saturn I think for scientists, and venus if I remember did show to have an effect. The sun no effect and the outer planets no effect - at least statistically.

Oh I see someone has already brought up these facts. Oh well this is just more support to that.

What did Venus have an effect on? I have 20 Gemini Venus in 9th and would like to know what she does to my chart.

I have 29 Gemini Mercury in 9th but it's on the 10th house cusp and conjunct MC. I'm a writer by trade, but not a pure writer- I write to promote and sell stuff. I'm the in-house writer for my company and do pretty much all their PR/Marketing writing. More or less, I'm a "business" writer and Mercury rules both business and all modes of communication :w00t:

Jessie

I really like this, it's what I've been looking for and it's very, very accurate. I have all my planets conjunct angles.
:lol:

I disagree that the conjunction has to be narrow. There are differing opinions, and obviously the wider the orb, the lesser the impact, but it's still there. 8 degrees is generally accepted, though some go up to 10 and planets in the house with the angle will feel it to a certain extent.

Last edited:

Bunraku

Practically all of my planets are in angles. But only a few conjunct the angle, just angular houses.

Mercury ASC, Mars (10 degrees) ASC , Jupiter ASC (Hey JA :tongue:)

The descriptions on the website are accurate, yes. :smile: