No such thing as a bad chart?

greybeard

eh

I don't want to imply that there is absolutely no free will in life. But I've known so many Moon square Venus people in my life. I seem to attract them though I don't have this placement myself. And I watch them make the same relationship mistakes over and over again, so it makes me believe their free will is continually directing them into relationships that will prove emotionally unsatisfying while they blame the other person and consider themselves martyrs to the situation. So the point of astrology is to see where these pitfalls lie and do something about it.

Good luck with your people-improvement project.

Last edited:

david starling

We do not control our lives.
We insist that we have free will because free will implies control over our lives. To think that we do not have control is unthinkable; it is terrifying.

But free will is an illusion.

Knowing this to be so, I then act as if I have free will.

Even so, I often see that my free will is controlled by unconscious forces, and is not free.

Every horoscope has a 12th house. It is the house of "repressed content", of "self-defeating acts", of "bondage". We are in bondage to our repressed (unconscious) content, and this causes us to act in ways contrary to our own good...will notwithstanding.

We're in bondage to the material plane of existence. That's what is changing.

Ficciones91

I personally feel like some people live a life governed more by destiny, where the soul has a particular purpose. While, some live a life governed more by free will which isn't as great as it sounds because you really have to go out and claim your path.

One person may have 60% free will annd 40% destiny e.g unremarkable upringing, there may be some extreme latent talent that can bloom but if the person doesn't use their free will to explore possibilities inherent in the soul, they may easily spend their lfe working some generic office administration job and have a normal family life with some inner tension(squares?) that they never pay attention to.

Another person lives a life of 80% destiny 20% free will e.g. a musical prodigy born into a family of composers in a old world central european country, has all necessary instruments available from birth to practice. This is destiny, the free will might be the decision whether one wil succumb to the trappings of success(sex, alcohol etc).

chiamaria

I totally agree with you Ficciones91. A lot of people trivialise the importance of destiny or believe that it limits soul growth, but imo I believe it's the opposite. Every event that is destined in one's life has a sense of higher purpose about it with the primary intent of soul growth because it would have been decided by your higher self that you would experience them in this current incarnation. Unfortunately the great majority of people forget that their higher self exists and is supremely important. If free will is allowed to override predestined events then it would defeat the whole purpose of having been born into one's life.

Also, predestined events are kind of like a childproof mechanism so as to get the person to experience things that they otherwise may find too unpleasant but are necessary for their soul growth. Kind of like if you give a child the choice between sweets and vegetables, the child is pretty much guaranteed to choose sweets because it's more pleasant to their palate but not really good for their health, so the adult has to step in and pick the vegetables on behalf of their child.

I, too, believe that the balance of free will and destiny varies from person to person and depends on their individual lessons/circumstances etc. Quite frankly, though, I don't think that humanity is evolved enough or self aware enough to responsibly handle as much free will as we think we have. A lot of people are too in their heads thinking that they're in tune with their hearts. So until then, our monkey minds need to be guided to a certain extent by our wiser higher selves until we become our higher selves. Besides, free will is not all it's cracked up to be.

greybeard

El Libre Albedrio (free will) es una Ficcion.

Since the Big Bang the universe, in its entirety, has developed without a hint of free will...until we come along.

We alone, among all creatures, organic or inorganic, possess free will.

Let's go to Las Vegas and see what kind of proposition the odds-makers will give us. You can bet on one thing certain: it will be a losing proposition.

Let's get married. I think you will make an excellent wife, except for a couple of minor flaws...which I will get you to change. Just a question of willpower you know. Forty years later, same defects, no change.

In Exodus (the book, not the movie) God says, "I am that I am." I wonder what that means.

It could mean something like "What you see is what you get...take it or leave it".

david starling

El Libre Albedrio (free will) es una Ficcion.

Since the Big Bang the universe, in its entirety, has developed without a hint of free will...until we come along.

We alone, among all creatures, organic or inorganic, possess free will.

Let's go to Las Vegas and see what kind of proposition the odds-makers will give us. You can bet on one thing certain: it will be a losing proposition.

Let's get married. I think you will make an excellent wife, except for a couple of minor flaws...which I will get you to change. Just a question of willpower you know. Forty years later, same defects, no change.

In Exodus (the book, not the movie) God says, "I am that I am." I wonder what that means.

It could mean something like "What you see is what you get...take it or leave it".

There's a book? :lol:

david starling

Blues singer/songwriter/guitarist Albert King (B.B. King's cousin) had a hit song in the late 60s "Born Under A Bad Sign". The chorus goes, "Born Under a bad sign, been down since I began to crawl. If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all." :cool:

clip11

When it comes to dealing with our Saturn-driven economic system, some Charts are less functional than others. Some Charts are more inclined towards mental and physical health problems than others. Does that make them "bad Charts"?

To me that's just arguing technical terms. You can say "nothing is good or bad it just depends on how you look at it" about anything. So you can tell the parents of a 5 year old with leukemia that its only a bad situation because they are perceiving it that way. Which I think is utter nonsense.

david starling

To me that's just arguing technical terms. You can say "nothing is good or bad it just depends on how you look at it" about anything. So you can tell the parents of a 5 year old with leukemia that its only a bad situation because they are perceiving it that way. Which I think is utter nonsense.

Genetics comes into it also, when it comes to health.

chiamaria

No. There’s no equivalence.

Yeah, not really any equivalence at all. Your chart represents your potential, how you play it out in your life (good or bad) is up to you. Your child getting Leukemia is a diagnosed illness, there is no ambivalence or potentiality about it.

wan

Yeah, not really any equivalence at all. Your chart represents your potential, how you play it out in your life (good or bad) is up to you. Your child getting Leukemia is a diagnosed illness, there is no ambivalence or potentiality about it.

I think his point was that it is possible to designate a chart as being either good or bad. Yes, it's completely subjective. But it's still possible.

david starling

I think his point was that it is possible to designate a chart as being either good or bad. Yes, it's completely subjective. But it's still possible.

The karmic interpretation is like the Dylan lyric, "Watch out kid, it's something you did, God knows when but you're doing it again."

david starling

Maybe you can put your post in a plain, normal way, so I can understand it better.

The karmic doctrine is such that, one's Natal-chart configuration is the result of actions committed in the previous life, even though one has no memory of them. By making the best of a difficult Chart-configuration, one can earn a less difficult configuration next time around.

wan

The karmic doctrine is such that, one's Natal-chart configuration is the result of actions committed in the previous life, even though one has no memory of them. By making the best of a difficult Chart-configuration, one can earn a less difficult configuration next time around.

So you think a chart can be difficult?