Should we reconcile?

scahm

Hi all,

After some minor signs of interest on his part, this is the first chart I've cast to ask 'will my ex and I get back together?'. Whilst Moon and Saturn are in an exact applying trine, which suggests yes, I still have some concerns and hope someone will be able to provide further context on the situation, particularly in relation to why he might come back and what the outcome might be.

As the chart shows, I am doing okay and I'm happy, focusing on own self and my own life, though I do find myself thinking back on our relationship often but unable to act on it (intercepted Saturn, retrograde in first house). On reflection, I can tell that he has a lot of work to do on his sense of self worth and esteem (him in his second house) but desires partnership (Moon in Libra, in my exaltation and triplicity) and whilst I see positives in this chart, I still feel deeply hesitant. Is this purely a sexual coming together (8th house emphasis) or will he genuinely want to be with me?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 12.31.17.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 12.31.17.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 12.31.25.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-10 at 12.31.25.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

ElenaJ

So we want to know "should" and not "if".
Which means, how do the significators apply to each other? You are correct in that the almost complete trine shows a coming together, something positive.
He is favourable to you, Saturn, by exaltation and triplicity, so he cares for you, while he is also in the Face of moon, his own significator, so at the same time trying to do what is best for him.
You are strong by sign, and as you say interception saps your expression, you can't seem to put your finger on how to move out towards him. The retrograde motion, however, suggests that when you turn direct you just might land up re-thinking things and walking back on your decision.
The ending? The 4th ruled by Venus, who makes no aspects, and Uranus of sudden separation is sitting near the cusp about to enter the scene.
Your comment about sex is very apt.
Ruler of the 8th is mercury, who squares the ascendent/descendent axis, creating friction in this area.
While many times asteroids are inserted that have no relation to the chart, you wisely inserted two that do.
Ceres... "Ceres—represents cycles of loss and return, attachment in relationships, and ultimately self-nurturing or self-care. "
And again, "Ceres (aka Demeter) is not useful as a romantic love asteroid, but as she's the 'great mother', she does talk about particular aspects of love, namely those that are more familial, nurturing, caretaking-based or particularly doting (as in the case of a mother-child relationship). The shadow side of Ceres can indicate an obsessive or suffocating love nature."
And it is near North node here, so this is where the relationship is heading.
Union... shows getting together, and also divorce! Here it is sitting near the South Node, showing the past.
The almost exact opposition of Ceres and Union show a seesaw type energy between these two energies. Getting together, caring, mothering/smothering, and separating.
This reflects what is written above about the 4th house of endings, Venus of love and affection and Uranus of separation!
As Saturn retrogrades to the degee of the nodes, you will learn more about this dichotomy.
Important life lessons!

scahm

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, Elena - you've raised some really interesting points here.

I've recently been learning about attachment theory and he has many traits of a 'fearful avoidant' - I believe he self sabotaged our relationship and ended things prematurely because deep feelings of intimacy and commitment were starting to develop between us and he got scared. The point about Ceres is therefore really interesting because I've pondered discussing this with him, but ultimately decided it isn't my place to. I feel that I'll be fearful to show any kind of loving/affectionate behaviour towards him myself now, due to the hurt of the breakup.

The Ceres/Union seesaw energy is in fact interesting as it describes his behaviour pattern to a tee - intense love bombing and then an abrupt ending. I suppose the fact that he, as Moon, is making applying aspects to both these asteroids reinforces that our reconciliation will have him repeat the exact same dynamic? Or could we consider Uranus to be my co-sig, as Aquarius is intercepted in the first house, and the ending comes from me?

I suppose my ultimate question is whether he is sincere if/when he decides to come back but I guess that's something to think about when it happens.

scahm

I am so sorry but I've just noticed an error with the chart - it was mistakenly posted with the wrong city. The ascendent only changes by a couple of degrees on the correct chart, so I believe the interpretation still stands, but I wonder whether there's anything noteworthy about Venus, end of the matter, exactly on the 9th house axis? Is Uranus too far away from the 4th house cusp now?

Sorry again for the error, I should have double checked.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 22.10.57.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 22.10.57.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 22.11.07.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 22.11.07.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17

ElenaJ

The 4th cusp only moves by one degree.
The mercury square widens, whereas it was exact before.
It doesn't change anything really meaningful in the interpretation.