Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 12-11-2020, 10:33 PM

Sun sq Ascendant

Hi, what are the traits of Sun sq Asc? Are those traits at odds with those of Sun Sq Moon (im Pisces sun sq Sag Moon and sq Sag Asc)? Im.asking partly because there is an eclipse coming that will conjunct mi Asc; thanks in advance.

Unread 12-12-2020, 11:34 PM

Re: Sun sq Ascendant

There is absolutely no way to definitively answer this question.

It's true that the ASC rules a lot about the way you look.....and the Sun rules a lot about who you are authentically....so the square can mean that your looks can give false clues about who you ''are'' if the people you meet judge you or categorize you according to the way you look. Which by the way is common.

And this has nothing to do with being attractive or not. This square can mean that when you look in the mirror there is a disconnect with the way you ''feel'' you should look. If the Moon doesn't aspect the ASC well this also could add to this sense of not identifying with the way you look.

However: there are SO many ways this can be modified.

I have this aspect. My Sun squares my ASC. Mid Leo Sun, Mid Scorpio Asc. In my case, my Venus AND Jupiter are conjunct in mid Cancer and trine my ASC. So technically I know I have a sort of attractiveness that is real....even tho I don't ''feel'' that I am projecting my Sun.

This situation is in a way, fortunate.....because when anything crosses my ASC it does square my Sun, true....but at the same time it is trining my Jupiter and Venus.
This modifies the square.

So you need to figure out if something either modifies either your ASC or your Sun. This will lessen the pressure of the square. Find the modifiers.

LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Unread 12-13-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
There is absolutely no way to definitively answer this question.

It's true that the ASC rules a lot about the way you look.....and the Sun rules a lot about who you are authentically....so the square can mean that your looks can give false clues about who you ''are'' if the people you meet judge you or categorize you according to the way you look. Which by the way is common.

And this has nothing to do with being attractive or not. This square can mean that when you look in the mirror there is a disconnect with the way you ''feel'' you should look. If the Moon doesn't aspect the ASC well this also could add to this sense of not identifying with the way you look.

However: there are SO many ways this can be modified.

I have this aspect. My Sun squares my ASC. Mid Leo Sun, Mid Scorpio Asc. In my case, my Venus AND Jupiter are conjunct in mid Cancer and trine my ASC. So technically I know I have a sort of attractiveness that is real....even tho I don't ''feel'' that I am projecting my Sun.

This situation is in a way, fortunate.....because when anything crosses my ASC it does square my Sun, true....but at the same time it is trining my Jupiter and Venus.
This modifies the square.

So you need to figure out if something either modifies either your ASC or your Sun. This will lessen the pressure of the square. Find the modifiers.

LIN
Thanks! I have Venus in Aries in aspect to ASC (Sag) and also Mars in Acquarius also in aspect to ASC (trine and sextile, respectively...).

Jupiter in Taurus sq Mars also, by the way...Jupiter (ruler of Pisces and Sag, lets say) is the only singleton (planet in earth sign) within my chart.

Regarding the Sun-Moon sq; there is Saturn in Leo (trine Moon) sq Uranus in Scorpio (trine Mercury in Pisces); Saturn-Uranus sq seemingly is square Vertex in Taurus.

One of the things that seems to perplex me, so to speak is that of Sun sq ASC plus Sun sq Moon (though Moon is not conjunct ASC: 16 Sag; vs 23 Sag, resp.).

Perhaps both squares relate to a sort of (rather involuntary, not just somewhat unnoticed) "masked" way of life (being); within which things (not the most trivial ones...lets say...either good or bad) seem to come out of the blue from time to time

Greetings

Last edited by athair; 12-13-2020 at 05:57 PM.
Unread 12-17-2020, 09:06 PM

That was confusing. Are you a Virgo? And if so, is your Sun in the 9th house or 10th?

If you post your birth data I can stop guessing....
LIN

The Following User Says Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-26-2021)
Unread 03-27-2021, 12:05 AM

I don't know that your last point has to do with those aspects. To know which issues are represented by which aspects, one would have to look at the whole chart...so....
please post your chart.
LIN

The Following User Says Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-27-2021)
Unread 03-27-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:

That was confusing. Are you a Virgo? And if so, is your Sun in the 9th house or 10th?

If you post your birth data I can stop guessing....
LIN

Quote:

I don't know that your last point has to do with those aspects.

To know which issues are represented by which aspects,

one would have to look at the whole chart.
..so....

please post your chart.
LIN
and so
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Tags
ascendant