House systems-what have you found to be statistically more accurate

love-thinking

I just was curious to ask, so people that practice astrology, what house system did you find to be the most accurate in everything from personality, appearance, and events in a person's life?

Placidus versus Whole house?

waybread

I don't think you'll find a "statistical" answer. Most astrologers use the system they learned with; but there is some evidence that different chart natives do not respond identically to the same house system. For example, I didn't find that Warren Buffet's life matched well with Placidus, but it was a good fit with whole signs houses.

I read a lot of charts for people on this and another on-line forum, so I seldom see the person's appearance. Also, most of the questions we get don't so much involve a person's outward personality but particular problems they're facing.

Mostly I use Placidus, but I would use whole signs if (a) the birth time was only an estimate (like "around 1:00 pm,") (b) the person was born at a high latitude during a time of year when quadrant system (like Placidus) get really skewed, or (c) the person's life is well known, but Placidus houses just don't describe it very well.

LieroSK

I tried almost all standard houses but i always return to Regiomontanus. Its the most correct(not 100%) house system for me. I like that it also works for extreme latitudes like iceland or argentina.

CapAquaPis

2 house systems I find the most useful: Koch evenly divides every 30 degrees from your ascendant (i.e. 17' 33" Cancer to 17' 32" Leo = 1 house), then I realized the Placidus is more astronomical correct to better describe a person.