Todays Moon - Its Tropical & Its Sidereal Location & Effect On Sign Ruler Influence

petosiris

Banned
Re: Todays Moon - Its Tropical & Its Sidereal Location & Effect On Sign Ruler Influen

SC, Morinus did not care about the constellation's name, he simply used the name ''Taurus'' for the 30 degrees that follow the 30 degrees after the vernal equinox. He might as well have called it Bob, what is important is that he followed astronomical principles based on the tropics (at least in the Northern Hemisphere), because the preceding vernal equinox is the reason it is house of Venus and exaltation of the Moon for example.

JUPITERASC

Re: Todays Moon - Its Tropical & Its Sidereal Location & Effect On Sign Ruler Influen

Morinus used his astrology to determine his own time of death, accepted his fate, and
died of illness on the day he predicted!
Ironically

after he died
he did not however declare: "I told you so!" :smile:

JUPITERASC

SC, Morinus did not care about the constellation's name, he simply used the name ''Taurus''
for the 30 degrees that follow the 30 degrees after the vernal equinox.
He might as well have called it Bob,
nevertheless
although he might as well have called it Bob
or even Gael

instead he called it Taurus
what is important is that he followed astronomical principles based on the tropics
(at least in the Northern Hemisphere),
because the preceding vernal equinox
is the reason it is house of Venus and exaltation of the Moon for example.
somehow that does not chime well with Bob
the chance name of Taurus seems more apposite :smile:

petosiris

Banned

instead he called it Taurus

Indeed, since it's a remnant from the old times, just as the poorly constructed Julian-Gregorian calendar is for example, though here at least the astronomy is untouched. It simply is not worth changing according to reactionaries.

JUPITERASC

Indeed, since it's a remnant from the old times, just as

the poorly constructed Julian-Gregorian calendar is for example,

though here at least the astronomy is untouched.
It simply is not worth changing according to reactionaries.
Sirius and the Western Calendar :smile:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4573
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here, and research the mysteries of life, and feel that there may be elaborate electional astrology attached to the Gregorian Calendar, that involves complex opening and closing ceremonies involving the fixed star Sirius, the Sun and an angle of the earth.

We know that the priests of Egypt started the great Egyptian Calendar approx. 5,000 years ago when the Sun rose on the Asc., and Sirius was in Paran to the Asc.
Sosigenes incorperated the Knowledge of the Egyptians into the Julian Calendar when Julius Caesar wanted a better calendar for the Roman Empire.
Sosigenes was a brilliant mathematician, and a student at the great library of Alexandria, that held all the scrolls of human civilization from the dawn of history, unfortunately this was burned down in the first few centuries A.D.

There are many fragmented reasons historians give as to why Sosigenes chose 1st Jan 0045 BC to start this calendar, many astrologers have wondered about the significance of 1st Jan., astrology apparently doesnt show any reasons to choose this day, other than the date of political changing of Roman Consuls ....why not the Equinox's to show the beginning and ending of a year?

My research into this area has led me to believe that Sosigenes wanted to close the Egyptian Calendar at Sunset on 31st Dec. 0046 BC at Thebes, the ancient capital of Egypt, before starting the Julian Calendar on 1st Jan. 0046 BC.

As i have said, the Egyptian Calendar was started on the Asc. Angle when Sirius rose in Paran with the Sun, the closing ceremony needed the Sun on the Desc. angle with Sirius rising in paran with the Asc.
Thebes was at 25*N40' , 32*E35', but modern Luxor is 25*N41', 32*E39' which is only a few minutes out, so we can use Luxor.
I have Brady's starlight astrology programme that charts star parans, so if we set up a chart for Luxor/Thebes for Sunset on 31st Dec. 0046 B.C., we get a time of 17:19pm., Sun will be 08*09' Capricorn, Desc. will be 08*08' Capricorn.....Sirius is rising by paran on Asc. orb 00 mins. 36 Secs.
Now to get Sirius rising while the Sun is setting is purely worked out by latitude, but before time zones if Sirius was in paran with the M.C. which is longitude it would show up everywhere in the western hemisphere conjunct an angle at the same time, bear that in mind when i go further in explaining the strange connection with Sirius with our evolving calendar later in this thread.
I see that attachments are available, so i will try to put the chart and Brady's Parans from "Starlight" directly on this, for 31st Dec. 0046 B.C. at Sunset at Thebes....I'll be back soon with research on Julian and Gregorian Calendars.

david starling

Moon will be in exact conjunction with Mars in 30 hours, in tropical Gemini and in sidereal Bob. :biggrin:

petosiris

Banned

If one has south latitude, and the other north, it is not technically a conjunction, though it is copresence.

david starling

Moon and Mars are closely Parallel in N. Declination, meaning a very significant longitudinal Conjunction.

petosiris

Banned

Their rays do not meet on the same side of the ecliptic, so it is not an application, though it is copresence in the same sign.

SunConjunctUranus

The rationale construction of Egyptian bound must be related with the fixed stars. Fortunately, both zodiacs are coincided in the 2nd century CE.

Now, the rationale construction of seasonal zodiac bound is questionable because irrelevance of the sign to the fixed stars.

Last edited:

david starling

Their rays do not meet on the same side of the ecliptic, so it is not an application, though it is copresence in the same sign.

Mars has N. 22/13. Moon has N. 18/30. Sun is on the Ecliptic at N. 7/30. So, both Moon and Mars are on the same side of the Ecliptic, close Parallel.