Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Horary forums are for discussion of horary charts and techniques only, natal chart requests should be posted in a different forum.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 08-31-2019, 09:52 AM
margincall margincall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Will I get a new job?

I'm having a very hard time finding a job and it's taking an emotional toll on me. Sometimes I get an interview but no call-back, other times not even an interview and it's been going on for a while. I am the querent. End of next week is my last working day at my current employer - they are making my position redundant. I am under immense financial stress at this time, and the current work situation is not helping.

What are your thoughts on this chart?

The chart did not have any aspects Mars (I) with Saturn. Is the ascendant is in early degrees?

Uranus is right at ascendant - indicating some form of change or surpise. Not sure if this is a good or bad surprise. How can we read if it will be good surprise or change, may be a new job?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2at_will_i_get_a_new_job_hr.44334.306627.jpg (52.8 KB, 10 views)


Last edited by margincall; 08-31-2019 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-02-2019, 12:41 AM
PurpleReign's Avatar
PurpleReign PurpleReign is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: In Pluto's paradise...
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by margincall View Post
I'm having a very hard time finding a job and it's taking an emotional toll on me. Sometimes I get an interview but no call-back, other times not even an interview and it's been going on for a while. I am the querent. End of next week is my last working day at my current employer - they are making my position redundant. I am under immense financial stress at this time, and the current work situation is not helping.

What are your thoughts on this chart?

The chart did not have any aspects Mars (I) with Saturn. Is the ascendant is in early degrees?

Uranus is right at ascendant - indicating some form of change or surpise. Not sure if this is a good or bad surprise. How can we read if it will be good surprise or change, may be a new job?
Im pretty novice when it comes to horary interpretations, so hopefully someone else can come in and offer their insight as well.

Uranus (ruler of 10th) is on the ascendant, and I agree that means some kind of change or unexpected surprise. It might be regarding career, or might not. My thing is that you are Venus, which is in fall in Virgo. And Uranus is in fall in Taurus. And Venus is being burned by the sun. I want to say this means you probably wont get a job really soon, or if you do you wont like it.

I hope Im wrong, and good luck!

PR
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 09-06-2019, 02:32 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by margincall View Post
I'm having a very hard time finding a job and it's taking an emotional toll on me. Sometimes I get an interview but no call-back, other times not even an interview and it's been going on for a while. I am the querent. End of next week is my last working day at my current employer - they are making my position redundant. I am under immense financial stress at this time, and the current work situation is not helping.

What are your thoughts on this chart?

The chart did not have any aspects Mars (I) with Saturn. Is the ascendant is in early degrees?

Uranus is right at ascendant - indicating some form of change or surpise. Not sure if this is a good or bad surprise. How can we read if it will be good surprise or change, may be a new job?
Asc is in 6th degree; not "too early". First 3 and last 3 degrees disqualify. But Moon is void of course: "Nothing will happen". Chart is "not fit to be read."

Uranus is unpredictable, unexpected, independent and "overthrows the existing order".

Study carefully Bob Zemco's step by step outline of how to do horary, just posted yesterday by JupAsc. Stick to the rules.

Your question is weak. Too general, not specific. Two things are very important to horary art. First, the querent must have a deep psychological involvement in the question. Second, the question must be carefully phrased and go to the root of the matter. Without those two conditions being met, I do not answer questions. I usually spend considerable time interrogating the client, until I am certain that I myself fully understand the situation and the true question. Then and only then do I personally cast a chart. When I understand is the moment the question is externalized...because someone other than querent is aware of the question. I don't usually. Read charts the querent has cast.

The horoscope answers "the question as asked", and if not phrased properly. What is it the querent REALLY wants to know?

Anyway, this chart does not meet the "Considerations before judgment" and is not fit to be read.

Can you imagine and devise some form of self-employment? Uranus is independent.

Last edited by greybeard; 09-06-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 09-07-2019, 02:50 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,223
Re: Will I get a new job?

margincall, I am sorry that you are going through so much stress. But I am inclined to agree with greybeard, that the void-of-the-course moon suggests no change for some time. However, I think we can infer some information from your chart.

With a job horary, it's also helpful if we know: is your main consideration about your money? (2nd house) Just-a-job? 6th house. Or your vocation in life? 10th house.

Regardless, you are symbolized by Venus. It is in its fall in Virgo and is combust the sun. So I wonder, how are you presenting yourself? Are you presenting yourself in a strong way via your applications and interviews? With so many planets in your 4th house, is there a work-home conflict that is an issue for you?

If you're being declared redundant, hopefully you can apply for unemployment benefits. Then think if there is anything you can do in your field by way of freelancing or volunteering in your field, so that you're not just showing up as "sitting around the house" in your next applications?
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 09-07-2019 at 02:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (09-07-2019)
  #5  
Unread 09-07-2019, 05:52 AM
margincall margincall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Re: Will I get a new job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
margincall, I am sorry that you are going through so much stress. But I am inclined to agree with greybeard, that the void-of-the-course moon suggests no change for some time. However, I think we can infer some information from your chart.

With a job horary, it's also helpful if we know: is your main consideration about your money? (2nd house) Just-a-job? 6th house. Or your vocation in life? 10th house.

Regardless, you are symbolized by Venus. It is in its fall in Virgo and is combust the sun. So I wonder, how are you presenting yourself? Are you presenting yourself in a strong way via your applications and interviews? With so many planets in your 4th house, is there a work-home conflict that is an issue for you?

If you're being declared redundant, hopefully you can apply for unemployment benefits. Then think if there is anything you can do in your field by way of freelancing or volunteering in your field, so that you're not just showing up as "sitting around the house" in your next applications?

waybread, thank you for your reply. the main consideration in to get a decent job that is able to pay my bills and other expenses. I have significant legal expenses - I am going through a divorce, child custody proceedings in court. And I am paying child support and maintenance at this time.

yes, I saw the combinations of all the planets in 4th house, indicating a work from home situtaion. But the chances of me find a work from home employment is low. I don't have any funds to start my own business etc.

I will be getting some unemployment benefits from the government. But that is not enough to pay all my expenses. I am looking at contract employment through agencies.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to margincall For This Useful Post:
waybread (09-08-2019)
  #6  
Unread 09-07-2019, 06:17 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,033
Re: Will I get a new job?

margincall, try posting your natal and a progressed chart for yourself.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
margincall (09-07-2019)
  #7  
Unread 09-07-2019, 06:42 AM
margincall margincall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Re: Will I get a new job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
margincall, try posting your natal and a progressed chart for yourself.
ElenaJ - I have attached my natal charts here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 4.43.04 pm.jpg (73.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png astro_w2gw.23744.101177.png (128.1 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 09-07-2019, 07:29 AM
Sunrise's Avatar
Sunrise Sunrise is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,517
Re: Will I get a new job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by margincall View Post
I'm having a very hard time finding a job and it's taking an emotional toll on me. Sometimes I get an interview but no call-back, other times not even an interview and it's been going on for a while. I am the querent. End of next week is my last working day at my current employer - they are making my position redundant. I am under immense financial stress at this time, and the current work situation is not helping.

What are your thoughts on this chart?

The chart did not have any aspects Mars (I) with Saturn. Is the ascendant is in early degrees?

Uranus is right at ascendant - indicating some form of change or surpise. Not sure if this is a good or bad surprise. How can we read if it will be good surprise or change, may be a new job?
Dear,
First let me say that your question is specific very well positioned for the horary and also the chart is valid and reads fine.

You, Venus in her Fall and Burned by the Sun, show us exactly what you are describing above. How you are and how you feel. You're burning up about your subject.

The Moon may not make any aspect at this time until it reaches the other sign, but it will soon find Mercury at zero degrees. So, no Void.
The Moon is the Lord of your 3rd house (communication, messages, documents etc), you will definitely have some news (3rd), which may concern your finances and your wallet (2nd Hermes). Good news.

Now as to whether you will find a job I think you will find something, not a great deal but I am sure you will. Saturn is your current job and commander of the 10th house (generally your business) and Jupiter is the other job you are looking, because now you have a job.

Venus (you) here will aspect Saturn and Jupiter at the same time. Saturn and Jupiter collect the light of Venus.
Venus is moving away from the sun and you will feel much better than you are now.
In the future you will be even better. Good times will come for you.

my best wishes and good luck
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunrise For This Useful Post:
margincall (09-07-2019)
  #9  
Unread 09-07-2019, 11:34 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,033
Re: Will I get a new job?

Sunrise, there was a thread recently on the VOC moon, and when it is and when it isn't.
In this case, I consider it to be VOC, it has to change signs to have any action.

10th ruler on the ascendent and Venus ruler of the 6th approaching a trine to Saturn co-ruler of the 10th show promise, but with the VOC moon it isn't a sure thing.
Also, Venus is not only in its fall but also opposing lilith, so you will have to work doubly hard to get something.

In your natal both the 10th cusp of career and the 6th cusp of work are on the 29th degree, which may explain part of the problem, in that there is no room here for development, they are at the end of their journey, so to speak.
The natal ascendent, at almost 29 degrees mirrors this situation.
In the natal the theme of Venus is continued as ruler of the MH, although here moon in 12th rules the 6th house and opposes Venus in the 6th.
Chiron near the MH also puts your career in the position of a healing status, you seem to be an old soul trying to complete work almost finished in an earlier lifetime. Not a lot of help on the practical side to pay your bills, but at least you can have an insight as to what you are supposed to be achieving here.
That Venus in 6th is squaring pluto in 3rd creating a tension with communications, and transiting Uranus at the moment completes the T-square by sitting in early taurus, increasing the stress, pushing you towards solutions.
What we saw on the MH in the horary is now seen as the 6th in the natal, namely Aquarius and Saturn/uranus. So, Saturn squares mars in the 6th and Uranus in the 4th is approached by moon from the 12th.
You don't mention what type of work you do, does it have anything to do with the field of beauty in some way?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-07-2019, 01:04 PM
margincall margincall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 28
Re: Will I get a new job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Sunrise, there was a thread recently on the VOC moon, and when it is and when it isn't.
In this case, I consider it to be VOC, it has to change signs to have any action.

10th ruler on the ascendent and Venus ruler of the 6th approaching a trine to Saturn co-ruler of the 10th show promise, but with the VOC moon it isn't a sure thing.
Also, Venus is not only in its fall but also opposing lilith, so you will have to work doubly hard to get something.

In your natal both the 10th cusp of career and the 6th cusp of work are on the 29th degree, which may explain part of the problem, in that there is no room here for development, they are at the end of their journey, so to speak.
The natal ascendent, at almost 29 degrees mirrors this situation.
In the natal the theme of Venus is continued as ruler of the MH, although here moon in 12th rules the 6th house and opposes Venus in the 6th.
Chiron near the MH also puts your career in the position of a healing status, you seem to be an old soul trying to complete work almost finished in an earlier lifetime. Not a lot of help on the practical side to pay your bills, but at least you can have an insight as to what you are supposed to be achieving here.
That Venus in 6th is squaring pluto in 3rd creating a tension with communications, and transiting Uranus at the moment completes the T-square by sitting in early taurus, increasing the stress, pushing you towards solutions.
What we saw on the MH in the horary is now seen as the 6th in the natal, namely Aquarius and Saturn/uranus. So, Saturn squares mars in the 6th and Uranus in the 4th is approached by moon from the 12th.
You don't mention what type of work you do, does it have anything to do with the field of beauty in some way?
My field of work is in banking and financial services. Btw. when I aksed this question I was still at my old job. Now I am unemployed, and out of that job.

I know what I am going to say here may sound emotional. And horary or astrology in my view is reading the transit of planets, emotions may not be a big part of it. My question here is about bare survival, it is not about how much money I will make.

In the last 2 months, I have attended 8 interviews and every one of them has been a failure. I had a feeling that something was going on, at my employer and I had tried everything to find a new job. I am still trying I have another interview on 09 Sep, the second round in the process. I feel like I am gradually exhausting all my options. Earlier I have done four rounds of interviews at some companies and then they have rejected me. There is a very small amount of redundancy payment that will not last me beyond 2-3 months. All I am looking for is a decent job in my field of work, to be able to pay all my bills and keep fighting for my daughter.

I have been separated from my ex-wife and daughter for over a year and half. I am in family court asking for shared custody and visitations for my daughter - having already spent in excess of $90K for this. This was all my life’s savings. My next court date is in November, and I am unsure if I can afford to still keep on paying my lawyers. The ex-wife has not allowed any contact with the child in this time. I cannot give up for the sake of my child. I having steady employment is very important for me to keep fighting.

Life has been miserable for couple of years now.

Last edited by margincall; 09-07-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 09-07-2019, 01:46 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,033
Re: Will I get a new job?

Very sorry to hear all this. Emotions actually do play an important part of horary and astrology, these studies help to at least understand and to find direction on the easiest path to solution.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 09-07-2019, 01:56 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,033
Re: Will I get a new job?

Venus is money and finances so this makes sense.
Other people's money is the 8th, Jupiter and Neptune.
These two planets are not well integrated in your chart, so handling investments for others is not lucrative for you.
Your house of income is the 2nd, ruled by mercury. Mercury is retrograde and in its fall, so not strong, but approaching a conjunction with sun, ruler of 12th and ascendent.
You should concentrate on this area, 12th house fields, with sun qualities. I'm not very informed about the financial field, so can't make a suggestion here, but this is an area that will yield money to you. Does this bring to mind anything?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 09-08-2019, 04:09 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,223
Re: Will I get a new job?

margincall, I'm retired now, but in my former career I got to interview a lot of job candidates. If your c.v. looks good enough to get an interview, I wonder how you are coming across to interviewers, Maybe you can video yourself doing a mock interview, with a good friend playing the role of an interviewer. You may find out things about your personal style that you didn't realize.

For what it's worth, Uranus in the first house in your horary chart, and conjunct your sun in your natal suggest you may come across as unconventional or even unstable in some way. Of course, if your self-confidence is taking a beating, it may be hard to project self-confidence. You just have to "fake it till you make it." Fortunately Uranus is super-well aspected in both charts, so this shouldn't be a big long-term issue for you personally; but just to say that seeing yourself in a mock interview may help you to hone your presentation style.

An early degree rising in a horary usually means, "It's too soon to tell," so there is always hope for the future.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (09-08-2019)
Reply

Tags
interview, job loss, surprises, uranus

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.