Meditation help

morgthm

Got to always make sure the motion meets the mind
or,.... just stubbornly hang on in a useful frame

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Om Mani Padme Hum This version is the one I sing during my daily doings. Its a very "fun" version of it.

Tibetan Buddhism caught my eye awhile back after reading the Bardo Thodol an its never really left me. Long live Tibet an its culture, even though all is finite. :wink:

JUPITERASC

Om Mani Padme Hum
This version is the one I sing during my daily doings.
Its a very "fun" version of it.
Tibetan Buddhism caught my eye awhile back
after reading the Bardo Thodol an its never really left me.
Long live Tibet an its culture, even though all is finite. :wink:

If the Dalai Lama is a sexist, the #MeToo mafia has gone too far :smile:

'You have drawn and quartered a harmless old monk
on the sacred altar of your wokeness,'
SCMP Chief News Editor Yonden Lhatoo tells social justice warriors.

Opinion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne-vJJRax9M

Blaze

Account Closed

If the Dalai Lama is a sexist, the #MeToo mafia has gone too far :smile:

'You have drawn and quartered a harmless old monk
on the sacred altar of your wokeness,'
SCMP Chief News Editor Yonden Lhatoo tells social justice warriors.

Opinion:

We live in an insane society, mon ami. I'd say now would be a good time for people to practice stillness and being, rather than reaction with egocentric feeling.

Blaze

Account Closed
quote-meditation-is-not-the-pursuit-of-an-invisible-path-leading-to-some-imaginal-bliss-the-jiddu-krishnamurti-93-98-18.jpg

Dubyadude1986

The common theme as it relates to astrology is generally the 4 elements. Whether it be a fire, a beautiful cool desert, the Alps, or wherever, the four elements are likely to help.

Earth, water, fire, air. This is a common theme that often goes overlooked. They're here to help us and we keep trying to reduce them and developing everything.

david starling

The common theme as it relates to astrology is generally the 4 elements. Whether it be a fire, a beautiful cool desert, the Alps, or wherever, the four elements are likely to help.

Earth, water, fire, air. This is a common theme that often goes overlooked. They're here to help us and we keep trying to reduce them and developing everything.

Yes, like everything is being used to make more money, without consideration for what's being lost.

JUPITERASC

He knows he blew it, and apologized.
That should be enough.
Siriusly - Dalai Lama had spoken to his followers in Tibetan :smile:

saying as follows:

“Maybe you should look for someone with more charm and appeal
to represent your interests on the global stage
I've been at it for sixty years.
Why not a fresh face completely different from mine.
Someone better looking than me”

The Nobel Peace Prize Laureate who has just turned 84
was then forced to apologise for the sake of world peace
and his Official released a statement saying:
Dalai Lama is

“Deeply sorry that people have been hurt
– it sometimes happens that off-the-cuff remarks
which might be amusing in one cultural context
lose their humour in translation, when brought into another”
Happy Now?
Ten Thousand Buddhas Blessings Be Upon You

morgthm

My beauty in the past has pertained not only to my calm mindset, but also to having a face hardened to not lose out.
I'd say the Dali Lama would be opposed to a successor that would spend time on distraction, rather than effective planning.
I'd like to think of a female leader to be calming, rather than overbearing, personally.
Still, it's entirely possible he was only joking to poke at the sensibilities that people can use for unfair influence

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Have started practicing P'Howa, a Vajrayana Buddhist method of transference of consciousness into Dewachen or "The Pure Land." An interesting concept an one I'm grateful there is a book written on, that way one doesn't have to travel too far to learn.

david starling

Have started practicing P'Howa, a Vajrayana Buddhist method of transference of consciousness into Dewachen or "The Pure Land." An interesting concept an one I'm grateful there is a book written on, that way one doesn't have to travel too far to learn.

Would you describe yourself as "a Buddhist"?

Blaze

Account Closed
That's a Zen Buddhist! :lol:

Arrogant apes an our labels! :lol:

But no, I don't identify with any one group, which always proves problematic when talking to people, so usually, whatever "in-group" is there, I'll claim to be interested in joining them. Even though that'll never happen, haha.

Blaze

Account Closed
I've updated the opening of this thread for those seeking actual help with meditation, instead of reading the confusion of a person who no longer exists. :biggrin: