Fun thread: Does your reputation precede you? 10 th house

astronerd

Not really actually, but I have planets in my 10th so that is probably why. I think the ruler of the 10th more than the sign itself can have an impact on the image?

namenaque

Capricorn in the 10th house, with Neptune there but in Aquarius.

Well, I have been described as 'serious' once, and mistaken for 20 and called a man several times while I'm 16. As for the Neptune thing, I guess being asked if I did drugs contributes as Neptunian influence? Lol.

UraSatVen1029

10th house Libra. Ruler of MC in 10th house tightly conjunct Sun but in the sign Scorpio. Plus I'm a Cap ascendant with Moon, Neptune and Uranus in 1st house.

I'd like to compare my MC and ASC since both angles have had "comments" from other people.

Since MC is ruled by Venus and Venus is in the same house, I am often described as someone quite Venusian with a mix of Neptune because Venus squares my Neptune and Neptune is in my 1st house. I sing, dance, act and perform a lot, it's my outlet. So in my school, people know me and my name because they see me sing in so many of the events. I sometimes take the lead and choreograph the dance performances. I've received awards for acting and declamation contests. Whenever there's a film making project, I'm the one who's usually in charge and is often given good rewards too. This gives me a reputation of being highly "artistic" and "creative". Also, I'm quite the peacemaker in the classroom. Even in my personal relationships too, may it be friends, groups and family.

Then, ascendant comes in for the mix. Neptune 1st house makes me quite hard to define, as what I have experienced. I have also been decieved, disillusioned because people think they can do that to me. Uranus here makes me eccentric and unreliable-- even for a Cap rising. Moon makes me quite emotional and reactive. So besides being highly artistic or talented, I also get the reputation and rumors of being weird, unfocused, too emotional and stuff.

Idk. I just think that my Asc and my Mc energies are mixing together somehow.

Lykanized

Honestly, I'm not quite sure. I have Gemini 10th house too along with my Cancer Mercury. People seem to think I'm intelligent whether I've really said anything worthy of that label and I think it's just because I think a lot which doesn't necessarily mean someone's intelligent. I have been called witty and overthinking and I can also be quite flighty

I read something that said that in past lives, I possibly gained my reputation from having lots of knowledge, but not really contributing and Gemini also happens to be my south Node, but in the 9th house rather than the 10th. So perhaps this time around I'm meant to contribute something with my career rather than just carry this superficial image of having a lot to say but nothing of depth. I can say I never care much about what people call me if I can't actually change society somehow with any kind of insight I may truly possess beyond how I come off

Venus conjuncts it and my Mars/Moon conjunct squares it. Apparently Venus conjunct midheaven has to do with personal magnetism and charm, but I'm not sure how much that fits me. I don't see myself as charming or having any kind of magnetism, but I also have selfesteem issues I'm working through. It may also have to do with love of beauty and artistic expression and I do think that shines through about me...Now as for the Mars/Moon. I see that as going along with my Venus square Moon/Mars which for me means I'm extremely passionate but also find it near impossible to do anything unless I am passionate about it. So I may come off as fickle, even lazy. Lazy especially when I'm depressed or not as in touch with my passion periodically as I wish I was. On the flipside, when I am in touch with my passion, I can come off as more larger than life and like I have no off switch. I can be irritable and completely lack patience with people and I am known for oddly being both affectionate and warm, and quite physical or argumentative. I'm very much an expressive woman and I'm very drawn to art and aesthetics. If I do something, I don't go halfway, I go all the way and I think that comes off too

The Mars/Moon conjunct square is most interesting to me bc I feel this complete dysjunct between my passion and my drive. This is another thing I'm really, really working through right now and astrology helps. I have all of this love and passion in me, but find it hard to direct my energy and drive for whatever reason. It's odd. It doesn't sound like it makes sense at all. I sense all of these things I could do if my drive was aligned, but at the same time, the sign my Mars is in can be oppressive to my Gemini Venus and it's gonna require a lot of balance and introspection to get there. So I know I can come off as lazy and disinterested when in fact it's the opposite

Last edited:

Inwonderland

well my 10th house is Sagittarius with moon in it and Mc conjunct pluto retrograde.
most people don't like because they think I'm a bad person, maybe because of pluto? it also squares my Asc
they tell rumors about me, they avoid me, they just simply don't like me :/

Sandrasan

Scorpio MC here.
I don't dress provocatively and yet I've been called "Sex on sticks", a vampire and magnetic but scary by people who don't really know me.
I don't know where they get those silly ideas.