Jobless for ages

sk2001

Hi it's me again! I was wondering I you can help me in some way here? I been jobless since 2009. I keep applying, took trainings in different fields, used all contacts I could and have been flexible about what and where. I got 2 smallprojects here and there but they were only for a month or so. Also, my interviews seem to go well but I never get to the next level. My luck seems so bad that I once applied for a job that gave training to entry level people. Thy had me come in for 3 interviews and talked about how I fit what they need. But then they hired someone other people but me. My lifes all stressed and worthless at the moment but I try to be positive and hopeful which is getting harder and harder to do.
Plz help :)
Thanks

NatR

I unfortunately cannot offer you any advice, but I have been in a similar position. The last time I even received a call back for an interview was the first week of June 2009. I actually began searching for a job in the Spring of 2007!

I guess what I'm really wanting to say to you is that you will most likely be able to maintain hope and optimism much longer than you imagine that you can.

Aeryn

You didn't post a chart so I'm assuming you're open for non-astrological advice, too...

I don't know what field you work in, but is there any way you could make work for yourself? Are you getting by with unemployment insurance of some sort?

I am a temporary resident and as such have no claim to such benefits. If I did, I would welcome the time to set something up myself. Build something so I can be my own boss.

There are tons of opportunities for earning an income with your own website. There is tons of legally free software on the net that helps you build websites. Even better if you're somewhat logically inclined: Learn to build websites yourself. Bit by bit. Not to sell stuff, but create a website about a topic that inspires you, write stuff, get others to write stuff, drive traffic and hopefully eventually sell advertising space or memberships. You might even get donations. At the very least it'll make you feel like you're being productive and creating something of worth. And it gives you a nice and confident answer to the questions "What have you been doing since 2009?"

If websites are not your thing, then maybe something else, but following the same principle? This is where it gets vague because I don't actually know what you do.

Hope this helps!