online chart generators other than astrodienst and this site

milkywaygirl

what other chart generators do you all use? when i go from astrodienst to the one on this site a few aspects dissapear. what system are the orb allowances on the chart generator on this site related to?

if theres a better chart generator out there please let me know!
:D

milkywaygirl

Radu said:
In the latest version (http://mychart.astrologyweekly.com), I used 8 degree orbs for all planet, all major aspects. In time, a orb selection option will be added.
In the old version, made in flash (www.astrologyweekly.com/chart.php) I don't really know the orb, it wasn't made by me and I didn't think to ask... Sorry! I suppose it's about 8 as well...or maybe less.

thanks radu!

so anyway, do you all mean to say that you all use astrodienst? I dont believe that....

Arian Maverick

so anyway, do you all mean to say that you all use astrodienst? I dont believe that....

LOL, nothing gets past you girl! :wink:

I believe that many people here have professional astrology programs on their computers, but there are other good ones that you can download for free online (such as AstroLog and AstroWin). I think Astrodienst is the easiest, but then again I haven't really taken much time to learn about the others.

Aquarian Maverick

wilsontc

Staff member
Astrology programs

milkywaygirl,

Once an astrologer gets to the point where they are concerned about setting the orbs of the planets in their chart they need to start considering buying their own charting program. Orbs are a HIGHLY personal decision in astrology and the only way to "get it right" is to do it yourself on a program you entirely control. The costs of these programs, however, are high. Until you decide you want to bear the high costs of getting a separate charting program, the simplest thing is to use Astrodienst and then take out any aspects in the chart you consider "out of orb".

Keeping it simple,

Tim