Possible early death of my mother due to my 8th house?

crazybutterfly

My 8th House is in Cancer/Moon. & in my book [which is called "The Only Astrology Book Youll Ever Need"] it said that this position may cause suffering of the early death of a mother or wife.

I'm still very new to learning about houses. But is there anything else that may or may not influence this actual "death"? Do you guys believe in this can actually be true or no?
I know it's not wise to try to "predict" deaths, but its hard to not keep thinking about it especially if it was stated so bluntly in the book

Here is my char by the way:
http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal?member=&recalc=&name=kaori&sex=f&d1day=27&d1month=1&d1year=1991&d1hour=3&d1min=26&citylist=Anaheim%2C+CA+%286%29%2C+United+States&lang=en

**By the way**
Me & my friend thought it was WEIRD that ALL houses are aligned in PERFECT ORDER.

1st house: Sag
2nd house: Cap
3rd house: Aqu
4th house: Pis
5th house: Ari
6th house: Tau
7th house: Gem
8th house: Can
9th house: Leo
10th house: Vir
11th house: Lib
12th house : Sco

Last edited:

R4VEN

2 things, crazybutterfly -

1. You'll need to post your chart as a thumbnail if you want people to reply in any depth
  2. Don't believe everything you read.

waybread

crazybutterfly, it looks like you picked up The Last Astrology Book You Should Ever Read.

Do you have any brothers or sisters? If so, are their moons in the 8th house? If not, then the early death of a mother with an 8th house moon cannot be correct, as she is the same mother for each of you.

If you are an only child, you can still consider that something over 500 million people on the planet will have their moon in the 8th house. A lot of these people will have siblings, and many of these siblings will not have 8th house moons. So which is the valid prediction about their mothers?

Time to find some better astrology books.

dr. farr

I second RrVEN's (and Waybread's) comments. There are many, many extremist statements, "cut and dried" statements, statements put forth as "rules", sweeping generalizing statements, etc. in the published (or "interneted") astrological literature, east and west, modern, traditionalist and ancient. Believe me, all of these are subject to verification by experience, and most of them must be taken and examined within the larger context of the general principles of astrology, and of the metaphysical bases of the astrological art. Unfortunately preliminary studies in astrologically-related philosophy and metaphysics, comparative astrology (an almost unknown subject) and the history of astrological concepts and methodologies, are not usually undertaken prior to jumping into reading about astrological techniques and the "meanings" of things (planets, signs, houses, and so on), and this, of course, frequently leads to misunderstandings or giving undue credence to off the cuff or highly generalized statements (without accompanying qualifications of those statements)

dr. farr

Tanne is correct: in the link (and by whole sign houses) the natal Moon is posited in the 7th house under Gemini...

crazybutterfly

I'm an only child
The book is actually called "The Only Astrology Book Youll Ever Need" by Joanna Martine Woolfolk?? I have it in front of me right now

Wait it says 7th house Gemini, & that means its in moon??...I thought itd mean its in mercury...I'm so confused

crazybutterfly

Dr. Farr, I agree to your reply.
So if such books are too generalized, is it bad to spend time reading them? How should I go about interpreting my 8th house? Perhaps I should have done more research about the houses before asking this question but if the internet & books are not worth consulting then I don't know where I would start:sad:

waybread

I'm an only child
The book is actually called "The Only Astrology Book Youll Ever Need" by Joanna Martine Woolfolk?? I have it in front of me right now

Wait it says 7th house Gemini, & that means its in moon??...I thought itd mean its in mercury...I'm so confused

Crazybutterfly, my logic, above, still applies. For any placement of a sign in a house, or planet in a house or sign, 1/12 of the human population will have it...i.e., something over half a billion people. Even if you don't have siblings, probably the majority of these people do.

You moon is close enough to your 8th house cusp that many astrologers would count it as acting in the 8th house. The moon symbolizes one's mother (among other things). A 7th house Gemini would normally but not always give the 8th house in Cancer, and Cancer is the sign most associated with the mother. But this doesn't change the demographics. The 8th house traditionally was called "the house of death" but this doesn't mean having Cancer on the cusp is an indicator that your mother will die young. If it did, the life insurance industry would be all over this one.

Toss the book. Nobody who studies astrology thinks they need just one source to learn astrology: that is a huge source of hubris on the publisher's part.

Last edited:

Tanne

Hi

I would recommend that you learn key words for the planets, signs, houses and aspects and then see how many different sentences YOU can construct using them with a chart in front of you. Your own chart is a good place to start. The Moon in the 8th could have 100 different meanings depending on the rest of the chart. Good Luck - Astrology is facinating.

dr. farr

There is an abundance of reliabe astrological data here on AW in the Education section, also much in the beginner's board. There are many good and reliable beginners books out there-unfortunately there's not much available on the philosophy and historical basis of the astrological outlook, at least that are easily understandable for beginning students.

One of the best series of reliable books for beginners (in Modernist Western astrology) is that of Charles Carter: first his "Principles" book, next "Astrological Aspects", then his "Encyclopedia of Astrological Psychology": get familiar with those books and you will be in very good shape; then also have DeVore's "Encylopedia of Astrology" at hand, from the beginning of your studies, so that you can make constant reference to it for reliable definitions of words and terms, so that these become clear to you by reading and rereading them. Also be sure to have Manly P. Hall's "Astrological Keywords" at hand from the beginning of your studies, for continuous reference.

Here on AW Claire19 offers a completely free astrological course of study: based upon her many postings on this site, I can wholeheartedly recommend her course to beginners in Modernist astrological studies.

Last edited:

crazybutterfly

Thanks for clarifying Waybread. I know that one thing can mean mamy different things but I'm still learning to interpret astrology. I normally don't try to "predict" events like the question I posted above. It was just something that confused me. Interpreting the houses is super confusing..! I understand what the houses stand for but since there's so many possiblities I feel like any interpretation I make won't be the best. I definitely am not relying on this one book, it did cover basics but I'm sure I'll purchase a couple others.

Dr. Farr thanks for reminding me to check out the AW threads. Out of all the books you mentioned, which do you think would be the most useful? I don't think I could afford to buy all those books >.<

dr. farr

1) remember that Claire19's course from here on AW is free
2) One book from the beginner's list I posted? Would have to be Carter's "Principles of Astrology"
Note: one of the more easily available books looking at the philosophical concepts underlying the astrological outlook, is also by Charles Carter: "The Zodiac and the Soul"-there's a great deal of insight in this book...

Last edited:

R4VEN

2) One book from the beginner's list I posted? Would have to be Carter's "Principles and Practice of Astrology"
Note: one of the more easily available books looking at the philosophical concepts underlying the astrological outlook, is also by Charles Carter: "The Zodiac and the Soul"-there's a great deal of insight in this book...
There are a number of Charles E O Carter's books available at the UK site, www.bookdepository.co.uk Prices include shipping and packaging.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/sea...earchAddedTerm=Charles+E.+O.+Carter&submit=Go

At the suggestion of another forum member I am now using this for sourcing astrology books. I notice a couple of Carter's books are out at a reduced price.

PS: And I just thought I'd mention that I am in no way associated with this site, and my recommendation comes simply from using the site, and finding it really easy to use, and the prices are manageable, too.

Carburn

Crazybutterly

Your house placements are almost identical to mine. My eight house in cancer also but my moon in the third house in aquarius. My mom is still very alive and in good health.

BUT we were separated when I was younger due to her mental health and the fact that she spent all her time with neighbors. She's had 3-4 nervous breakdowns. She's well now but she still spends all her time with the neighbors.

My sun is in the eighth house and (in my life) that placement seemed more significant. My dad was terribly ill for years before he died when I was 27.

scorpittarian

my virgo moon's in the 8H.
ruler of my 6th & 7th.

my scorpio mom's 52 & healthy. This house is also known for inheritance..& she says her property is gonna b all mine....

i've lilith in d 3H & remember reading tht lilith's placement here means death of a sibling.
my mom's 1st child ws a stillborn. i'm d 2nd one & there neva hs bn a 3rd one.