Yod interpretation (Neptune/Venus to Mars, Neptune/Pluto to Mars)

laurelin

I'm wondering what interpretations can be made for the yods that are in the attached chart.
For the Neptune/Venus to Mars:
Both quincunxes seem to suggest issues with idealism and inflated expectations
The sextile also indicates issues with idealism as it relates to romantic partners...

So, how do those relate to a Taurus Mars in the 3rd house? And, furthermore, how do the Neptune/Pluto quincunxes relate to Mars?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_anonymous.23478.4316.gif
    astro_2gw_02_anonymous.23478.4316.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 46

Krewster

What irony, to finally see a tight-enough orbed Yod to call it that and then see it lose focused meaning by being subsumed into a greater config of configs (i.e., your Yod’s sextile base also serves as one aspect in your amazingly tight, 13 min-average-orbed, Ven-participating, minor trine); meaning automatically the Jup end of the minor trine lies 90 from the Yod’s apex, while the other side (Ven 90 Sat) fails to form a second Yod from Sat over to the other side of the minor trine due to being out of orb. So this config of configs is a house shaped one (60 floor, 90 walls and a peaked roof).
Another reason the Yod loses focused meaning is because while its two 150’s are mid-strength (orb-wise), Mars has two relatively tighter aspects (the 90 to Jup and a 45 to the Moon), and Ven has two absolutely tighter aspects from its participation in the minor trine with Nept and Jup) and one relatively tighter aspect (a 45 to Merc); because all of these aspects are also lower denominatored, they will prevail (in influence), leaving you with less effect from the Yod than your singularly focused attention might try to make true.
So for example, although Mars 150 Nept might indicate un-useful gentleness, the tighter Mars 90 Jup probably overrides to make your Mars a little blustery? and the 45 to the Moon overrides to make your emotions boil more than average (this blustery plus boiling –adjust to taste- is then suffering ineffectiveness from the 150 to Nept). The analysis for your Ven 150 Mars would move along similar principles
Finally, you mentioned idealism but there’s already some other aspect(s) in your chart indicating along those lines so it may confuse your astro-self-labeling to assign idealism to just the Yod.

laurelin

Krewster,
Wow! That was a great explanation! Thank you for explaining it with so much detail! So, from what you're saying, I'm thinking I should treat the yod as a minor influence and focus on the minor trines and tighter aspects? Would the yod become more prevalent with certain transits or will it always have less focus?

StillOne

You were born at the very beginning stages of the formation of the Pandora's Box pattern that happened in Sept/Oct of '73 (there's a long thread on here about this pattern that gets quite off-topic unfortunately). There's always a lot going on since transits to one area will also affect most of chart due to it being so interconnected. This is good and bad. It can be quite unstable as there seems to be no break in the action but on the other hand, you're always learning and evolving.

You have a few aspect patterns that could warrant further research: trapeze, minor grand trines and of course the yod.

Some sources that may be useful:
Dynamics of Aspect Analysis. Tierny
Aspect Pattern Astrology. Huber
The Yod: It's Esoteric Meaning. Kellog

Since you have so many sextiles in your chart, you'll have a lot of yods happen by transits.

You'll see the full expression of the Pandora Box in your chart if you allow the orbs on Astro to be 100. The orbs are most likely too wide to make the pattern valid, of course. However, it is something to think about as sometimes major formations like this tend to glue themselves together even with wider orbs. Or, as Krewster notes, will form an aspect pattern using minor aspects that make up a unique pattern specific to you.

With three minor grand trines in your chart, there's a lot of talent there that should be starting to become active around now. A famous person with three minor grand trines would be the singer, Susan Boyle who achieved fame later in life.

Last edited:

laurelin

You were born at the very beginning stages of the formation of the Pandora's Box pattern that happened in Sept/Oct of '73 (there's a long thread on here about this pattern that gets quite off-topic unfortunately).

I didn't know about this period of time! I read through the thread and it's so cool to see charts that look so much like this one! Good to know there are other people out there who are just as perplexed as I was when I saw how much was going on here!

There's always a lot going on since transits to one area will also affect most of chart due to it being so interconnected. This is good and bad. It can be quite unstable as there seems to be no break in the action but on the other hand, you're always learning and evolving.

The transits were what I was wondering about. This is the chart of an ex (one of those instant-recognition kind of 'soulmates') and he always seemed to be going 5 steps forward, 10 steps back.

Some sources that may be useful:
Dynamics of Aspect Analysis. Tierny
Aspect Pattern Astrology. Huber
The Yod: It's Esoteric Meaning. Kellog

Thank you for these!

You'll see the full expression of the Pandora Box in your chart if you allow the orbs on Astro to be 100.
I've attached the chart with the orbs at 100. It also has Part of Fortune and Vertex listed and aspected.

With three minor grand trines in your chart, there's a lot of talent there that should be starting to become active around now.
Interesting that you say that. He does have a few very specific talents that he'd been wanting to put to more use, but had put on the backburner to focus on his career. Interestingly enough, Uranus was nearing its opposition point in his chart. It would soon go retrograde and back away for another 18 months, but it seemed he was on the brink of the a major "midlife crisis" at the time.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_anonymous.23478.4316b.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_anonymous.23478.4316b.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 32

MissScorpio

Yods to me always seem to be “too good to be true” and quite often seems as if there is a hard, practical reality to face after the good stuff.
The sextile between Pluto in Libra and Neptune in Sag is fairly strong but weak at the same time…. Pluto loves the 8th house obviously in domicile but Neptune in the tenth doesn’t work as it just lacks realism as far as the tenth house experience goes.

The sextile suggests that this is eased and perhaps one knows the secrets of the work place or strong authority without actually having to reveal too much as Neptune in Sagittarius always reminds me of the magician and sextile to Pluto you can really find the truth about people (Libra) Plus Venus in eighth so double whammy - really clever and must correlate to social status of some kind, being as Libra/Venus reflects so much on people and values.
However!!! The focal point with Mars in Taurus in the third requests the facts and appears to be a reminder that you can’t just go via instinct and ignore the empirical , earthier details .. We need to dig harder to anchor information here perhaps?

Last edited:

Krewster

Yes, with your Yod being part of a greater config, focus on only it is probably helpful only as preparation for more refined astro-self-labeling focused on such greater whole.

same would seem to hold true for transits (since, e.g., any transit to 4-ish degrees of any sign will impact the entire greater config of configs).

laurelin

The sextile suggests that this is eased and perhaps one knows the secrets of the work place or strong authority without actually having to reveal too much as Neptune in Sagittarius always reminds me of the magician and sextile to Pluto you can really find the truth about people (Libra)

This is right on. He prided himself on being able to read people (especially clients and co-workers) very quickly and effectively. Then he would work that to his advantage in the way he communicated with them.

Plus Venus in eighth so double whammy - really clever and must correlate to social status of some kind, being as Libra/Venus reflects so much on people and values.
Yes...always. Maintaining a perfect outward appearance was absolutely vital for him. And, talk about "authority"! He could walk into a store or a restaurant and his mere presence would command attention and instant respect from the people working there. I'd never seen anything like it.

However!!! The focal point with Mars in Taurus in the third requests the facts and appears to be a reminder that you can’t just go via instinct and ignore the empirical , earthier details .. We need to dig harder to anchor information here perhaps?
Ah...something he would do once in a blue moon (no pun intended). Most of the time, he was guided by facts and rules. But, every once in a while, he'd have this amazing epiphany that would change his way of thinking and cause him to be very introspective, but only temporarily. Eventually, he'd let the facts outweigh his introspection.

Still new to this forum so I apologize if I’m not supposed to just comment randomly or not so my apologies. I am struggling with understanding how my 12H Mars in Taurus (which conjuncts my ASC as well as Chiron on the other side) yod apex plays out. The legs are Pluto 6H in Libra and Neptune 7H in Sagittarius ...I was told I was killed in a past life by my husband/lover for my “beauty” (my 12H is Aries and I’m a 29 degree Taurus ASC)...my Gemini sun conjuncts my ASC in 1H and I also have Gemini Venus in my 1H exactly opposite my 7H Aphrodite. My ASC is loaded with asteroids (10 total at least...DNA, Olympus, and Helen of Troy in 12H, and Queen in my 1H just to share a few of them) King is exactly Conjunct my Mars in Taurus as well. So the regal Venusian theme definitely fits here but I’m not sure what to make of my yod. Is this past life trauma I’m dealing with? Thank you in advance...