Suicide

Sweet Stars

My father committed suicide in 1987.

I was 4 years old.

He hung himself in the house when we were all there.

Take a look at his natal chart if you want.

Attachments

• daddy.gif
    daddy.gif
    50.4 KB · Views: 55
Sweet Stars said:
My father committed suicide in 1987.

I was 4 years old.

He hung himself in the house when we were all there.

Take a look at his natal chart if you want.
your father had retrograde jupiter on Ras Elased Borealis (40') "if bound up with a poorly placed Saturn or Neptune, severe psychological depressions are indicated and possibly even suicide."

i have seen one case of suicide with saturn on this star, but not jupiter. possibly all those retrogrades plus pluto near jupiter had something to do with it. i woulld be looking at the transits to his natal chart for more understandiing.

segurelha

I had a serious depression and a suicide near-attempt (jumping from building). That was long ago, transits were:
- Neptune exact conjunction 12th house Venus, just 3º before ASC
- Saturn, Jupiter and Mars in 4th house

Another time I had first a near death experience with drugs (but it was not intentional suicide), followed a few months later by depression and suicide thoughts (but no near attempts as during the time before). In between both ocasions, I also dated a girlfriend which attempted suicide by pill overdose.

You guess it, transits were at this time: Pluto conjunct my Neptune-Sun 1º natal conjunction. The suicide thought came as Mars transited 4th house. Saturn was conjunct DSC. Jupiter in tenth house. Neptune exact quincunx to natal Moon

My conclusions? Put Saturn, Mars, Jupiter in yours angles, and Neptune in your angle making a tight hard aspect to a natal planet.

Curiously, 7 years later, Saturn is now over my tenth house cusp, and Mars transiting my ASC, and I had a serious emotional outburst yesterday. I guess when you put lots of planets into your angles, things go complicate. And with Neptune, Saturn and Mars, self-destructive behavior can set in.

But In general I am a very optimistic Sagittarius!

princess valhalla

Natally, I have Sun Conjunct Neptune in H8. Saturn Squares Sun from H5.
These placements are very descriptive of my father who attempted suicide multiply times during my childhood. He was a very depressed alcoholic who tried killing himself by combination of alcohol and pills on numerous occasions. Thankfully he was never successful, he was always found by my mother who took him to the hospital where they would pump his stomach. I always had (and still do) have great sympathy for my father.
There is a particular time I remember my mom picking up my father from the hospital, it was in the evening and me and my older sister were in the back seat. I was maybe 4 or 5 years old. It wasn't the first attempt (not the last either.) I remember how mad my mother was. She refused to say a word to him and wouldn't even look at him, her knuckles white gripping the steering wheel. I remember my dad crying and telling her how sorry he was. He wanted comfort but my mom would have none of that. I remember feeling so bad for him. I wanted to give him a hug, tell him I loved him and make him feel better. I was too scared to say anything being so young and with so much tension coming from my mother.

The one thing I can say is that people who commit or attempt to commit suicide live with a lot of pain and most people don't understand them which probably further isolates them even more.

Evening enlightened ones

I know this maybe a touchy subject, though i am curious as to what would trigger suicide in a person. Pluto yes is one of the 1st that come to mind, though what would you consider as other triggers,houses,transists etc?

The reason i ask is that more and more young people have been taking their own life.Though not for the same reasons as what other older generation had done.

I'm a little surprised at all the attention Saturn and Neptune are getting in this discussion. Pluto is the one who says Be Ye Transformed, and with a harsh aspect, that transformation points toward death, it seems. I have a 12th house sun (7 Leo), ascendant/Venus at 17 Leo and Pluto at 20 Leo with Mercury at 27 Leo. My nadir holds Moon at 12 Scorpio and Mars at 14 Scorpio. With Pluto on my Ascendant/Venus I am potent and always changing, but that Mars square in Scorpio conjunct my moon makes me want to violently kill myself. Seriously, Mars/Moon conjunct in Scorpio in and of itself is a real hoot for temper and frustration, but squared up against my Leo stellium it just wipes me out so much of the time. So depressed! Any other Pluto/Ascendant people out there?

or1000

you mention Pluto, Pluto 3rd which I would say does have an impact on talk and think flippantly about it, death not being a taboo. I’d say depending on the reason behind it could signify the planet involved. Saturn asd moon n merc which makes it persistent. Though Uranus it can be a very sudden urge. 12th house Saturn.

Last edited:
I do not envy you and that 12th house Saturn. I hope it's not worse than a 12th house sun. That *****. I have one. I've never gotten anywhere in life no matter how hard I try!

or1000

I do not envy you and that 12th house Saturn. I hope it's not worse than a 12th house sun. That *****. I have one. I've never gotten anywhere in life no matter how hard I try!

I do not have 12th house Saturn! 8th, which I often forget about... but I’d imagine 12th Saturn to be similar if not more detrimental on the topic of suicide

Last edited:

greybeard

Male.Age about 45.
Spent 18 of those years in prison.
Physical condition at time of self-destruction: severe physical deteriorization.

Natal: Sun square Pluto, mutual reception. Sun 4th, pluto 12th. Leo rises.

Remember: It must be shown in radix for directions and transits to produce it.

Triggered by: Tr. Pluto octile Sun, to the minute of arc.

or1000

Male.Age about 45.
Physical condition at time of self-destruction: severe physical deteriorization.

This is your chart, greybeard?

Male.Age about 45.

This guy sounds like my mirror image.
My pluto is in my fourth house (conjunct my moon, both in scorpio) and my sun is in my 12th house - I'm also Leo rising and am currently going through a pretty rough period mentally.
It does make you wonder...

Only difference is the two are natally trine each other. I also have mars in my 12th house, which is incidentally cancer... So either way it's a bit of a sh**show.

Kite

Attempted when a T-square in the cadent houses perfected into a grand cardinal cross involving transiting Saturn and Pluto, square to each other. So had natal Mars conjunct Moon in Aries H3 opposing transiting Pluto (conjunct transiting Sun) in Libra in H9 squaring natal Mercury in H12 opposing transiting Saturn in Cancer in H6.

Amysagi09

Hi, I am new here. I found this thread while trying to understand my own problems with suicidal tendencies. I have been suicidal since I was 7 years old. I am now 37 years old. I am currently working on identifying and integrating my shadow self. My last serious suicide attempt occurred October 19, 2015. I drove over 100 miles to a secluded place and overdosed myself inside my car. I woke up in the telemetry unit of the ER. Today, I looked up my transit on that day (since I am currently feeling suicidal again -- don't worry I've been dealing with suicidal feelings my whole life and I am logically against it, I just FEEL suicidal). Anyhow, during my last suicide attempt, I had Venus, Mars and Jupiter transits in the 8th house. Not sure if that has meaning, but it stands out to me. Although I lived that day, I suffered the consequences of my suicide attempt for 2 years- I lost everything that day and had to start over. I've tried to identify in my chart (I just started studying astrology a few months ago) any indications that point to suicidal tendencies, but I don't see anything that stands out. I do have 5 planets in Sagittarius (4 planets-sun, mercury, Venus, Neptune-are in the 12th house, and Uranus (unaspected) in the 11th house). Again, I am new to this but I have suffered from both intense rage and suicidal tendencies my whole life and despite extraordinary efforts, I can't shake this. I am very saddened by suicides in general and I do not like to see people suffer. I am attaching my chart for review. I hope it can help others and I hope I can gain some insights into my own situation. <3
Sun Saggitarius 17° 15' in house 12
Moon Libra 11° 59' in house 9
Mercury Saggitarius 28° 11' in house 12
Venus Saggitarius 26° 0' in house 12
Mars Capricorn 29° 32' in house 1
Jupiter Scorpio 26° 34' in house 11
Saturn Scorpio 1° 1' in house 10
Uranus Saggitarius 5° 38' in house 11
Neptune Saggitarius 26° 24' in house 12
Pluto Libra 28° 41' in house 10
Chiron Taurus 24° 4' in house 5
Ceres Saggitarius 29° 41' in house 12