Mars in the 12th house, is it all bad?

Anna1993

Hello everyone :)

So I am quite new to astrology, I got into it via my mother.

I have been immensely enjoying learning about astrology and studying my own chart as an example.

A lot of things resonate with me that's on it, however, the mars in 12th house seem like a bad omen, does anyone have a similar placing?

Also, the fact that my 7th house is totally empty makes me worry, that's it's due to my Mars placement ( I joke)

A lot of stuff really does hit home for me, like a deep interest in spirituality, travel, and philosophy.

Anyways, I have attached my natal chart if anyone wants to give a newbie some more insight!

Thank you.

Attachments

• natal chart.png
    natal chart.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 38

ElenaJ

Sorry you didn't post the aspects, it's a little difficult to read just the chart.
My mars is in a similar position, and while you don't seem to give it much importance, my moon's nodes lie near the 6th/12th cusps like yours are.
We also share Saturn as 7th ruler, although yours is in the 9th, unlike mine. A foreigner, a teacher, a religious man? Saturn is also close to moon, ascendent ruler, so it represents your "other half".
I have no planets in 7th, but you seem to have Neptune/uranus there. It looks as though they are only 2 or 3 degrees from the cusp, which would put them into 7th.
What does a 12th house mars have to do with an empty 7th house?
What seems to be your problem with this placement? Are your friends acting behind your back? Do you have aggressively unrealistic goals for your future? Do you tend to have bronchitis? Do you have problems with co-workers?
Mars in 12th will usually back away from a fight, confrontation or argument.
Do you tend to have sudden intellectual insights that you keep to yourself?
Do you fight for social justice?
You'll have to learn how to assert yourself without being too aggressive.
Why should this be a bad omen?

Anna1993

Sorry you didn't post the aspects, it's a little difficult to read just the chart.
My mars is in a similar position, and while you don't seem to give it much importance, my moon's nodes lie near the 6th/12th cusps like yours are.
We also share Saturn as 7th ruler, although yours is in the 9th, unlike mine. A foreigner, a teacher, a religious man? Saturn is also close to moon, ascendent ruler, so it represents your "other half".
I have no planets in 7th, but you seem to have Neptune/uranus there. It looks as though they are only 2 or 3 degrees from the cusp, which would put them into 7th.
What does a 12th house mars have to do with an empty 7th house?
What seems to be your problem with this placement? Are your friends acting behind your back? Do you have aggressively unrealistic goals for your future? Do you tend to have bronchitis? Do you have problems with co-workers?
Mars in 12th will usually back away from a fight, confrontation or argument.
Do you tend to have sudden intellectual insights that you keep to yourself?
Do you fight for social justice?
You'll have to learn how to assert yourself without being too aggressive.
Why should this be a bad omen?

Ah I see, thanks for the reply, I appreciate that :)

I guess mars in the 12th house signifies a lot of repressed anger for me, or keeping things inside for too long.

wan

A malefic in a cadent house is usually a good thing. You don't want it near an angle where it can do a lot of damage.

Anna1993

Could possibly be.
Mars is energy in general, not just anger.

That could be too, I guess I need to analyze it deeper.
Oh and sorry, I forgot to post the aspects last time.

Thanks for your insights again.

Attachments

• Sidereel chart.jpg
    Sidereel chart.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

curiousabout77

I am wondering what subconscious issues have come up for you recently since neptune in pisces is squaring your mars in the 12th house and neptune is strongly associated with the 12th house. I think this aspect will show you what you need to work on subconsciously that could be holding you back and make your mars more affective in your life.

Anna1993

I am wondering what subconscious issues have come up for you recently since neptune in pisces is squaring your mars in the 12th house and neptune is strongly associated with the 12th house. I think this aspect will show you what you need to work on subconsciously that could be holding you back and make your mars more affective in your life.

That's interesting!
I guess a lot of it's to do with my self-esteem issues, as well as general issues with escapism.
Thanks for the insight!

curiousabout77

Neptune is associated with fogginess and being unsure about what is true and not true and escapism because you are unsure what is going on so you should allow things to unfold so that things become more clear and go from there and your mars rules the 11th House so your goals and friends and group involvements maybe affected by all this.

Anna1993

Thank you for sharing this with me!

I actually resonate a lot with this passage, so it's very spot on!

I just need to figure out a way to release this type of energy in a healthy way so it's not repressed.

ElenaJ

Yes, actually.
Over the years by trial and error I've overcome a lot of the restrictions, but with more insight it is easier to identify what is happening, and correct it.
Or, lets say, use the energy in a more positive way.

Anna1993

Yes, actually.
Over the years by trial and error I've overcome a lot of the restrictions, but with more insight it is easier to identify what is happening, and correct it.
Or, lets say, use the energy in a more positive way.

That's really great!
Once you can harness that energy, I imagine a lot of good things can come out of it.

kshantaram

Premium Member
mars 12th gemini, technical aptitudes, mechatronics, information technology,
mars lord 11th over 12th, gains from foreign lands; mars lord 6th over 12th prone to chest-lung-feet issues; may seek male partner who is a technical analyst;

Mercury lord 12th over acquarius 9th with ascendant lords 1/4/7 moon-sat, again tending to distant-foreign travels, teaching-training-legal aptitudes, reformist, innovative, psychometrics, statistics, negotiation skills, etc; expenses on education-travels;

Taurus-venus inimical for cancer asc, inimical venus combust with sun over pisces 10th, stress-delays in career-recognition, health issues knees-feet-heart-stomach, need zinc supplements for vitality, artistic aptitudes - dance etc; wear 0.25 carat diamond over platinum pendant touching heart; jupiter aspect own pisces 10th supportive-protective of artistic career-recognition and health, could also be inclined to electricals and electronics;

rahu NNode over inimical taurus 11th, gains from foreigners/other races-muslims etc under stress-delays, love of foreign foods and comforts; toxic tooth-throat-thyroid issues; wear brown hessonite over pendant touching heart;

mars aspect sag 6th, coping with opponents/competition; thigh-hip-intestinal inflammations;

mars elevated aspect over cap 7th/8th, supportive of vocation-business-protective from major dangers;

saturn lord 7th over own acq 9th, luck after marriage, arranged marriage through parental consent and support; moon-sat lords 1/7 conjunct seeking mutuality in the relationship; moon-sat prone to worry, economic, research aptitude; moon acq airy-uncertain; sat acq settling life at 36+

sat coming 2.5yrs transit natal sat, sat return, need to take critical long-term decisions of life impacting next 30 yrs; gradual lift in luck; sat transit 9th seeking change; sat acq debilated aspect aries 11th impacting income-gains;
observe fast sat evenings;

mer lord 4th over 9th for distant lands, placed 6th from 4th, health issues for mother and loss on property;

pars fortuna over the 12th for big losses, health-finance etc to care;

currently coming 1.5yr rahu NNode transit mars-gemini 12th for foreign lands, information technology, toxic health issues to care;

ketu separative SNode now transit sag 6th, pain-injury-surgery thighs-hips-intestinals, coping with opponents, detachment from job to care;

ketu 1.5yr later moves to natal ketu scorpio 5th, keen research-occult aptitudes, detachment from luck-education-romance-children-position; pain-injury-surgery urological-heart-stomach-piles-abortion-cesarean etc;

prayers to Mother Goddess offering red flowers at the alter at home tues evenings;

hope the inputs find useful to review judiciously as relevant,
share salient feedbacks how true traits-talents-health-life trends-ideas, etc etc

wishing well, JYOTISHBHUSHAN SHANTARAM

Last edited: