Saturn Return: Is it time to move on from finance and find a true purpose?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

My Saturn Return is coming up and I am already feeling the pressure. I am suddenly getting stiffled & confused in a similar fashion as when Saturn transited Scorpio 2012-2015 (I have a stellium in Scorpio).

For the past 3/4 months, I have been feeling extremely stiffled in my daily routine. My finance job is not getting me anywhere (2.5 years in the same company, but no regconition from direct management, no promotion, no avancement despite my great reviews from senior management). I'm getting no respect and being downright undermined by local management despite my educational/professional background. It's getting to the point where I am not at all motivated and going through the motions. This job is additionally below my competence level. I have days where I want to give my resignation with no plan B.

My personal life is slightly dissatisfying. I live with roommates who have no cleaned once since we moved in 2 years ago, trash is being left in the kitchen for all to see, dishes in the sink .. bills not sent across on time .. The apartment & location are nice, but my roommates could use a bit more discipline when it comes to "community" living. Rent is high and my salary is no longer following suit.

My dating life is a bit of a drought and has been for 2 years, but it's another story, not really the point of my post.

I'm wondering if I shall remain in finance or even leave the country all together and start new elsewhere. I'm really good at what I do & people know it, but refuse to allow me to advance my career because favorisitim is blatant. I really like finance, but this company is a dead end.

I am utterly confused as to what action/direction I should take.Is it worth staying in finance and look for a more suitable position in a different institution? Or shall I take a completely different direction which is more so in line with my true self (not clear what it is)?

Thank you!

Librastar

Good news is with the return your dating life should pick up. Saturn in the 7th delays the partner after the return.

What do you feel your true purpose is?
What are your qualifications?

Any interest in psych, working in hospitals or prisons?

LostinPhilly

Good news is with the return your dating life should pick up. Saturn in the 7th delays the partner after the return.

What do you feel your true purpose is?
What are your qualifications?

Any interest in psych, working in hospitals or prisons?

Hi Librastar,

Thank you for your help. This is much appreciated!

I have a dual legal qualification in Common & Civil Law. My current expertise is in financial services.

As far as my true life purpose goes, I am not entirely sure. I am still tying to figure things out. I do enjoy working in banking, but I am growing tired of office politics, work with no recognition... It's all work, but no return in my investment, really. Thus, I don't see the point in running round in circles.

I have a huge interest in art (acting, writing, singing, etc..), psychology and medicine, but obviously these are not really up my alley given my background and current trajectory. Perhaps working for a pharmaceutical company or in hospital management .. I'm not entirely sure.

Hum, dating has been a huge "failure". I'd go on a few dates with men my age or slightly younger, then they'd disappear into thin air. I didn't have any dating life between 2014-2016 and then from 2017 to well now. I haven't even been asked out once. Though it is not my priority, I feel as though no pieces are falling together.

I'm not progressing at work, I have been single for years, I'm not earning enough money, etc... I'm just feeling incredibly inadequate with my life now!

Osamenor

Staff member
I think change is on the horizon for you. A couple of things:

Your progressed moon just changed signs, moving into its own sign and your whole sign first house. Moon changing signs generally indicates a shift in focus, and when it's moving into its own sign, it has more power to act. Considering that this is the sign of home and family, if you're looking to change your living situation, this seems like a good time.

Jupiter, which rules your MC and your sixth house, just moved into its own sign, and is about to move into your sixth. If you're job searching, the next few months to year is a likely time for success. If you haven't been job searching lately, this is a good time to restart. Considering that Jupiter rules your MC and your sixth, the chance that you will relocate for a new job seems significant. If you don't, then it will probably be a job involving foreigners, foreign languages, or something along those lines.

From a purely practical standpoint, it sounds like you need a new job. If you can't afford to leave your crummy roommate situation on your current salary, and you're not seeing any increase where you are, that right there is reason enough.

MC in Pisces often indicates multiple careers, and feeling that you don't know where you're going career-wise. So, don't worry about having that figured out. It's fine to just take a job that pays your expenses, even if it doesn't appear to be your dream job. The important thing is that it leaves room in your life for your personal interests, doesn't kill your soul in the process, and does pay you enough to live. When you have your MC in Pisces, your career really is a journey, not a destination. Don't think of it as your true self, think of it as one of several processes you're in.

If you're considering moving countries for another job, is there a possibility that a new job would pay for your moving expenses? Considering that Jupiter is in your second house, and transiting Jupiter will trine it during its Saggitarius transit, that seems likely to me.

Since your progressed sun is opposing your Mars, you probably feel some sense of urgency ("I must change everything about my life right now!") That feeling is likely to intensify over the next several weeks, as transiting Mars turns that natal Mars/progressed sun opposition into a t-square, from your MC. That doesn't mean you have to make all that change right away or you're doomed, but it might be a time for small opportunities to turn up that, if you take them, turn into something bigger. That might, for instance, be the time you inquire about a job lead that turns out to be a dead end but someone you speak to gets back to you later about a better one. Or you join a mailing list and, when you've forgotten that you did, they suddenly email you with a great opportunity. Things like that.

Your actual Saturn return, when Saturn moves within orb of your natal Saturn, is still about a year away. I think you'll have things moving forward much sooner than that.

LostinPhilly

Thank you, Osamenor! This is very much appreciated!

This interpretation comes at the perfect timing, actually. The last person I am close with in the company resigned today. The department is completely empty, people from other departments come up to me to take up their own tasks, I cannot take any holidays as nobody covers for me when I'm off. There needs to be a balance which I do not have and is highly concerning in light of my current salary. Yet, I'm at the bottom of the hierarchy.

I can indeed feel the sense of urgency increasing in the next couple of weeks! My colleague's resignation is definitely a real wake-up call. I had stopped searching for jobs for a little while, but I am now planning on properly starting again. There is no way I am going to stay on this sinking ship on my own.

For me, earning a high salary is important. I would not want to move into a position in order to earn to enough to live. This is not feasable in the long run as I have plans and I cannot keep living living like a college graduate at 28. I would prefer not to accept a job than to accept a low paying job I am not thrilled about just for the sake of it. MC in Pisces can tend to have people switch careers even without earning a high salary, but I personally need to see progression and consistency in my career moves.

It's a good time to move elsewhere, indeed. Time to figure out where to though. I am indeed looking to relocate either through an internal move within the same company or a different company altogether. There's a lot of companies which pay for relocation expenses, so you just have to find the right one! I feel as though the current live I have in this country is not balanced. My social life is completely dead, so is my romantic life, the rent is high and the salary is not following suit. This is not balanced at all.

Realistically speaking, I really do enjoy working in banking, but I simply do not enjoy the atmosphere of our current office due to the high-turnover and micro-management. This is not feasible and quite frankly, I am wasting my earned skills in this office.

Oh really? I tought Saturn was going to conjunct my natal Saturn in March?

Osamenor

Staff member
For me, earning a high salary is important. I would not want to move into a position in order to earn to enough to live. This is not feasable in the long run as I have plans and I cannot keep living living like a college graduate at 28.
By "enough to live," I didn't mean just the basics and nothing more. Enough to live means enough to live at the standard that satisfies you. If that standard is a fairly high standard of living with more money going into your bank account on top of that, then that's what you need. (And by "fairly high," I don't mean extreme luxury--just being able to afford your own place in an area with high housing costs counts as fairly high.)

Realistically speaking, I really do enjoy working in banking, but I simply do not enjoy the atmosphere of our current office due to the high-turnover and micro-management. This is not feasible and quite frankly, I am wasting my earned skills in this office.
Offices like that exist in every field. I'm not personally familiar with banking, so I have no idea whether or not it's significantly more dysfunctional than other fields. Assuming it isn't, you could stay in banking and find a better workplace. You could also change fields, if that's what you want, and find a better workplace. Either option would satisfy your birth chart. There's nothing in it that says you absolutely must work in one particular field. That choice really comes down to what you're interested in and can feasibly pursue.

Oh really? I tought Saturn was going to conjunct my natal Saturn in March?

You are correct. Somehow I got it into my head that Saturn was farther away from 20 Capricorn than it is--probably because I know I've had Saturn hanging out with my early Capricorn ascendant for most of this past year. Yes, you'll have an exact conjunction around the end of March/beginning of April, and it really comes into effect when Saturn is within 2 degrees or so of the conjunction--so, really, with the retrogrades, most of 2019 is Saturn return time for you.

LostinPhilly

Thank you very much, Osamenor!

I re-read your posts a few times and I have to agree. I definitely need to stop searching for the perfect "career purpose" or "life purpose". A career should be a journey, not a specific destination. It is just that I thouroughly enjoy banking, but perhaps the position that I currently have is not a true fit. Perhaps banking itself is not the problem, but the position. After 2.5 years, I have to admit that it might be time to gain new skills in a different position.

Agree, offices with high-turnover exist in every field. However, our office is in a critical situation. We have offices all across the world and none of this is happening in these locations. The issue is specific to this office. Now granted, every single company has its own ups and downs, no company is perfect especially when it is a big corporation. I don't think the issue is the field, it's this specific office & management.

Saturn is natally placed in the 7th house, so I will inevitably have to re-assess my relationship whether business/romance/friendships. Some friendships have started to naturally fizzle out and this is probably why I am feeling stifled at work & with my roommates. The people in my office are most definitely not a fit as far as roommates go, they're nice but they remain strangers after all. Most people in my family got married during their Saturn transit, doesn't seem to be likely for me.

I think I simply feel confused as to the overall direction my life is taking due to this extreme sense of inadequcy I currently feel. A change is required, but I have no clue where to start yet. There's something holding me back, the fear of change. The fear of taking a risk and starting something new. The fear of failure.

I have not spoken to any family member in a couple of years and I am scared of making a mistake whether career wise or relocation wise and having nothing to fall back on. It took me some courage to leave the toxicity of my family behind and build something new, so it is a bit scary to leave something I've built behind to start all over again. Then again, I now the current situation is not the final destination and some change initiated by myself will have to occur.

I'm hoping to set this in motion at the beginning of next year, once I have sorted some bits and pieces. I simply cannot continue like this. The social isolation and lack of fulfillment relationships-wise is weighing heavy on me.

I hope Jupiter will assist me a bit with this, because I'm fully aware Saturn is not an transit planet.