issues with Liz Greene

Otay

(Always the afterthot *sigh*)

Whenever a client needs counsel over sexual identity I always say, "Well, it's who you fall in love with".
I've noticed certain sexual acting out aside from those one tends to have love feelings for, is usually related to certain types of parental or adult abuse or inappropriate messing with some poor kid's head.

waybread

aquarius7000 said:
Hi,
I am attaching the chart now, I don't know why I cant't paste the chart in this space itself.
And, yes, by 3-H, I meant 3rd House.

:) aquarius7000

Edit: Oops, I only just read Nexus' post directing you to Greene's chart, but will leave the attached on in any case now.

Thanks for attaching the chart. Sorry, Nexus, that I didn't catch your link previously. Funny, I always thought Liz Greene was British by birth. BTW, this chart contains some symbols that are unfamiliar to me. Do you know what is the meaning of the smiley face, the yin-yang, the black diamond, and what appears to be a capital letter "L" in script?

aquarius7000

waybread said:
Thanks for attaching the chart. Sorry, Nexus, that I didn't catch your link previously. Funny, I always thought Liz Greene was British by birth. BTW, this chart contains some symbols that are unfamiliar to me. Do you know what is the meaning of the smiley face, the yin-yang, the black diamond, and what appears to be a capital letter "L" in script?
Here goes the decoding of the symbols ;)
L=Lilith (Dark Moon); the rest are all Arabic parts - the smiley denotes Point of Fortuna; yin-yang = Point of Passion; the diamond = Point of Profession. And now the real smiley :) aquarius7000

Otay

Re: my intellect is superior to your experience

Sven, that was brilliantly said. Thank you. The world and people are too colorful and full of tricks to be nailed down by astrology or some lantern-jawed malcontent who fundamentally rejects the generosity of the question, and (horrors) allowing the dialogue between client and astrologer to be (gasp) open-ended and respectful of the client's intelligence.

Like yourself I find the topic of homosexuality or other digressions from the "average" to be somewhat irrelevant and besides the point. The point being human experience and how interesting are the nobility of each one as soon as we let them be to express themselves.

Also like you I have mars in pisces which at some point would like to have a discussion of that. I call myself the Queen of Mishaps in so many rich and varied ways and so it is with many of the personal experience of clients who also have such surprising misfortunes an eyebrow at least has to be raised.

aquarius7000

Re: my intellect is superior to your experience

Svencanz said:
The thing is, on this planet, in this experience: sexuality (second chakra) is tied into so many things: it neighbours the first (survival) and it deals with procreation, creative expression (in part) and with sexuality (which is, in a sense, the relationship to THE OTHER.)
Well said Sven!
Sexuality, and even more so, trying to label the sexual orientation of another person on mere basis of date, time and place of birth of that person is not only foolish, but downright irresponsible on the astrologer's part. So are any 'generalisations' esp with regard to this topic that are meant to be then applied as 'rules' to masses. Also, sexulality, as Sven rightly pointed out, is the 'connection' between A and B, two individual personalities.
Also, sexuality, and even more so, sexual orientation depend on so many very 'basic' factors like society and societal norms, education, family, etc..
For e.g. how many men would you see living in a 'relationship' together in the Muslim part of the world (please, I am not implying anything here).

And this is where I find that even a brilliant astrologer such as Greene (and that's the sad part) takes it a bit too far on the subject. This is the kind of 'exaggeration' I hinted at in one of my previous posts. Just my opinion:rolleyes:

The golden rule to remember, both with regards to astrologers in general, and those like us that devour their books, is that different minds mean different interpretations!

:) aquarius7000

Last edited:

delilah4

I'm not a fan of Liz Greene. Admitadly however I have not perused through all of her writings. Just don't think I could take them seriously based on the stuff of hers I've already read.

Personally I find her interpretations to be too theoretical and...vague. I don't find them to be very helpful and in fact my experience has been that they have been rather damaging as I felt she watered down many of the transits I had been expecting. I ended up confused until I found more tangible straightforward interpretations which surprised me with their accuracy. For instance, I've read interpretations for Venus in the 12th that talk about hidden forces in the human psychie that can make one feel uncomfortable with their femininity yada yada yada...and I've read interpretations that simply state these people tend to have secret love affairs and secret enemies that tend to be women. I find the latter type of interpretation much more useful, testable and it also saves astrology from being nothing more than a pseudo-science. Two people that I know with venus in the 12th have many secret love affairs and female enemies so that mini test made do for me. The first type of interpretation which is psychological by nature can mean pretty much anything and is completely untestable and untangible. This is why I have such a difficult time understanding Saturn in the 12th - I've yet to find any interpretation on it that doesn't make my head spin.

Ofcoarse it could just be that my strong Pluto makes me like to get to the point and makes me more apt to investigate what I assume to be 'fluff'. This may also make me less able to see the value in less direct interpretations like Greene's. Where as someone who perhaps has a strong neptune and uses it positively would probably find more value in more poetic interpretations or find matter of fact ones to lack all the nuances and undercurrants of an aspect.

It would be interesting to see which astrologer's teachings each sign enjoys/values the most.

Last edited:

milkywaygirl

Caprising said:
Does anyone have Liz Greens birth data? I remember reading a couple of years ago how her 2nd partner died. I'm not sure if they were partners as in lovers, or astrologers who were doing research with Liz. Can anyone clear this up?

Howard Sasportas died in 1992. Greene and Sasportas worked together very closely. They founded the Centre for Psychological Astrology in London in 1980.

http://www.cpalondon.com/centre/history.html

Otay

Anyone know dates of birth for Liz Greene and her partners? What, 3 of her partners bite the dust as it were. Gloomy gloomy. Can't help but wonder about the health of her approach altogether.

Nexus7

Liz GREENE,
born September 4, 1946 at 1:01 PM in Englewood (NJ) (USA)Today 04:29 PMBe curious to know where that source is from, Aquarius7000, in view of all the doubts cast on the chart that was puported to be hers on an earlier thread.

Howard Sasportas was a colleague and co-author with Liz Greene, wasn't he? Still, I suppose 'partner' can have many meanings.