Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 07-31-2010, 02:38 PM

Re: Thoughts on Magi Society Synastry Aspects?

I agree and disagree with the magi society yes, these chiron saturn aspects are difficult But I have looked at charts and there are people who stay married with saturn chiron aspects My parents were married almost 44 years when my dad died and mom's saturn opposed dad's chiron. yes, they had their problems but they still loved each other and stayed married. I think you have to look at the chart as a whole and how committed people are to marriage--some people are and others give up. the Magi Society also saids that for couples who ahve these wonderful chiron aspects arenot necessary happy, it just means that they are more likely to stay together Chiron doesnot equal happiness forever

Unread 07-31-2010, 02:49 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

please focus on the issue not the person, to all

All,

I know there are some strong feelings about Magi astrology on both sides. Please, in your postings, focus on the issues and NOT on the person posting them. I have deleted all the recent attacking posts on Magi astrology and the attacking responses to those attacking posts. PLEASE just focus on the astrological ISSUES people bring up and NOT on the people themselves going forward.

Moderately,

Tim

Last edited by wilsontc; 07-31-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Unread 07-31-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
The very worst transits are from Saturn. Saturn makes no good transits.
Those kind of blanket statements from the Magi astrologers are why it is so easily discredited. If you have a badly placed Jupiter, then Saturn is your best friend.

[corrected possibly attacking post - Moderator]
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
Unread 07-31-2010, 06:09 PM

Magi Astrology is not so easily "discredited" if you have studied the teachings and read all three of their books and then and only then practice it & keep track of the data. If anyone has actually done this they will understand there is no need to "cover" anything with a blanket. The teachings are clear, accurate and fill in the blanks where other Astrological disciplines leave off.

The following are the three Magi Books that have been published thus far...

1. "Astrology Really Works"

2. "The Magi Society Ephemeris : Including Secrets of Magi Astrology" (a one-of- a kind which includes Magi Quads (4 planets and Midpoint Crossings)

3. "Magi Astrology : The Keys to Success in Love and Money"

currently all of these books are out of print, but available in used bookstores online (this last one is available to download chapts 1-14 on the Magi Website gratis : )

Last edited by giaella33; 08-03-2010 at 06:40 AM.
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

Last edited by Surprise; 04-30-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Unread 08-01-2010, 11:01 PM

"Parallels / Contraparallels = Most underrated astrological information."

Yes, if astrologer cannot read declinations they are only seeing half the birth chart.
Unread 09-27-2010, 09:00 AM

Sorry to join so late- new member & love to talk about magi society!

I do not think that 50% = long / 50% = dek...

dek you can have parallel and contra (with a planet-planet aspect). Long you can have conj trine opposition. And that's being real humble with the possibilities in long chart (even by magi's use).

Who said that Saturn makes no good transits? I missed that. Magi didn't say it, at least not in their books. Actually, today transit Saturn exact trined my natal Saturn. Kind of hard to argue the results : /

Bob no legit astrologer guarantees a positive relationship between two people based off of one generational aspect or one interplanetary aspect. What reason do you have to not give benefit of doubt to magi society as legit astrologers? They clearly have gained some respect by a number of your peers. If magi's site is unbearable to you -as it is me- then invest in their second book. I've found that book a lot less mysterious than the rest of their work.

We revolve around our sun, and we get energy from it. If we get energy from it, then the energy it is getting in turn is hugely significant in what it shoots out. So, helio is hugely significant at least theoretically, no question about it. Beyond theory? Michel Gauquelin's solar activity/ birth time research showed increased tendencies for children to be born with the the same planet rising as what a parent had rising when they were born.

Last edited by Varuna; 09-27-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Unread 12-28-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archergirl View Post
I've had a look at the website. It seems most interesting and is certainly worth investigating. I'm not sure I'm ready to fork out 80 bucks for the privilege just yet, but I may when I'm feeling flush. Their interpretation of aspects is a little different from traditional astrology, but that doesn't mean it's all bunk... just a twist on it.
Are you talking about eighty bucks for a reading??
Unread 01-07-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulin View Post
Magi really is so amazing... I just did the synastry of myself with my 1st true love. I still am not totally over him, sort of like a saturn bond there.

Anyway, in our Geo synastry alone we have:
saturn conjunct venus
venus square saturn
chiron opposes jupiter
uranus opposes chiron
chiron trine neptune
saturn quincunx pluto
mars opposes saturn
saturn trine AC
chiron contra mars
chiron contra saturn
uranus parallel chiron
saturn contra mars
chiron parallel saturn

amazing... l think now l realise not only why it didn't work but also maybe why l still am unable to completely get over it. I'm 'captivated' - is that the right term?

Hi, do you mind my asking about captivation? In the hard aspects to Saturn that you've listed were you Saturn or the other planets?
Unread 01-10-2015, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Rocks View Post
Why do people that don't understand things always get so insulting? Horary has a strict set of rules that have to be adhered to otherwise answers to questions would be continually wrong. If the Magi Society is getting good results with their work, which you have said regarding their accuracy then how is that bad? They are proving their method works. I don't understand where you are coming from with your comment. Haven't you heard of diversity and 'different but equal'? It applies to all walks of life.

I am a member of the Magi Society and I haven't read or seen anything that constitutes 'freakazoid' - just well laid out rules for a system that works - like horary.
I must admit I was sceptical about the Magi Society and their theories especially with those bodies that are not planets. But I have to say some of what they espouse I can identify with. Always good to keep an open mind. I venture to say that no astrologer, no matter how practised or experienced has all the answers, all the time. I am always learning.
Unread 01-10-2015, 05:17 PM

Intrresting. I'm unclear on how one has a Mystical Triangle---"one side is a trine, one is a square and one is a quincunx"? So if my Venus trines his Juno, squares his Neptune and quincunx's his Chiron, is that what it means? So there are 4 planets involved?
Also, are the aspects specific? When they say Saturn trine Jupiter is disastrous, what if we have Saturn conjunct Jupiter----is that also negative?

Melisa

Tags
aspects, magi, society, synastry, thoughts