Neptune, capricorn, 10th

F

Fogwolf

Would anyone be able to tell me what the possible significance of Neptune in capricorn in the 10th house in a natal chart could be? I ask, because it's the ruler of my chart, and I've heard that that's important, yet capricorn and the 10th seem somewhat restrictive or grounded positions for such an abstract planet.

THankyou to anyone who can help!

wilsontc

Staff member
Spiritual strurcture

Fogwolf,

Capricorn modifying Neptune focused in the 10th house

is

Capricorn (duty, also structure) modifying Neptune (spirituality, also confusion) focused in the 10th house (duty, also structure); indicating a focus on structure using the energy of spirituality...which CAN get confusing! ;) The end goal is a "spiritual structure" but you probably know more me than I do what that would look like! ;)

For more about basic astrological interpretation, see:
http://www.geocities.com/wilsontctc

Structured (spiritually),

Tim

Summery Joy

Although your birth data are important to effectively interpret this placement, I will give it a shot.

The placement suggests that you are ambitious and want to achieve professional prominence even if it means competition. Yet, you are not always as practical as you can/would like to be. Much of your professional/public life will be affected by how "other-worldly" you are. This placement also could mean that you are a visionary when it comes to this area. Neptune has a major negative effect which is that it tends to make its native dreamy or dellusional about they area in which it is placed. I hope you are not living in denial when it comes to career or public image. Neptune here may also mean that you dream about doing so many different things with your life that you don't know what to choose or where to start. The worst case scenario is that you don't do anything and just continue to live in your daydreams. Be careful, this could get you do with your life what other people tell you to do... or at least be highly affected by their opinions. An ill public.professional life may be the cause of depression or other psychological problems. But this is only a potential.
A good choice of career would something to do with arts, the movies or something totally humanitarian.
The placement of Neptune in Capricorn will get an entire generation to It have a very practical imagination focused on this world that they see before them.
Watch out for stressful aspects received by Neptune. They will make the bad effects even crazier. The positive aspects will make you seem not too far out there :)

Hope I have been helpful

F

Fogwolf

Heh, thankyou both.

Sorehearted - some of that stuff was really interesting. I'm afraid that 'dreamyness' you speak of is intensified for me by a moon and ascendant in pisces, and possibly by 5 planets in the twelfth.

I don't think it's true that there are so many things I want to do that I don't know which to choose, though - on the contrary, there is remarkably little I want to do, and that's my biggest problem - working out where I'm heading. Fortunately I'm only in uni, so I haven't made a mess of my career yet - I'm just hoping I eventually get one. I think the 'living in your daydreams' thing is a fairly real danger.

I'm not so sure I know what 'spiritual structure' is, either. I never thought of myself as the least bit spiritual, since I've never had anything to do with any kind of religion. However, this is probably the kind of thing that might develop as I go or something.

Thanks again for the replies!

marcela

hi, i really hope you found your way. because I am here in 2020, with 30 years on my back and unhappy because I didn't find what I really want to do at work. unfortunately I have the same positioning of Neptune in Capricorn in the tenth house. and ascending in piscies. rsrrssr And it is very complicated.