will i be a successful actress?

bluemascara

By bluemascara

i'm guessing the answer is, sadly, no? At first look I was thinking yes but then Venus, as the ruler of the tenth house and also the fifth house, is in serious detriment :(. Maybe there are some other indicators? Does anyone have any input ? Thanks :)

RockFish

I haven't got a lot of input to give you, only that Moon is void, which shows that the chart is not valid or, better saying, no action will come out of this, and ascendant is late, which shows the question comes too late and there's nothing you can do to change the outcome...

Now, in my humble opinion, horaries don't show the immovable truth for the rest of your life, but only for a certain period of time.... Asking "will I get this job" is different from asking "will I ever work with this in my life"...

I do believe horaries work better when you give them a limited period of time. If you want to know your path in life, natal chart is more appropriate.

To sum it up, I think yours is a natal chart question, not a horary question...

bluemascara

Thanks :). My question comes from the fact that i'm in school right now as a pre-law major because I was trying to be practical with my career. But i'vve always wanted to act and am always pulled in that direction, so I'm considering signing up for more acting classes but I don't want to invest so much money/time ifi nothing will come of it. maybe i should rephrase the question into something not so general?

RockFish

Personally I would refrain from making such a decision in life with the use of just a simple horary. I wouldn't even rephrase the question.

If you feel pulled to acting, then that means there might be something for you there. ;)

A horary explores a particular situation, a natal explores your life path and inner calling and psyche, which remain very much the same even with the changing situations... It can only help to take a look at it. :)

I don't know... if you're pulled to something, just go there and do it. You may not know what kind of rewards it will bring to you... "Success" is a very vague concept, and you may get different rewards like meeting formidable people, changing the way you look at life, changing your career path to something more in tune with yourself, meeting a great love....:rolleyes:

One can believe in astrology, but what about believing in your inner knowledge? ;)

bluemascara

The problem is that i'm always so confused and have trouble making committed decisions. My mars and mercury are in libra while my moon and jupiter are in aries, and my north node is in aries as well. And on top of that I have a see saw chart which gives libra qualities. Decision making, especially in terms of what I want to commit to, is something I am terrible at. And then I also have a lack of earth in my natal chart which doesn't help.

this is my natal chart wheel:
myhoroscopech7.png

Libra vs. Aries=I lack concrete direction in life.

starlink

Moon is VOC, meaning that you wont become a succesful actress I'm afraid.
Venus rules the 5th house of the arts and she is in detriment in Aries and also retrograde. This is also a bad sign. Venus also rules the 10th house for successes. Venus and Jupiter do not get together in sextile. Sun will burn Venus before that. Sorry!

katydid

You have Jupiter at the very top of your chart, which is great for Law. It is in Aries, so I can see how law school itself could be boring for you. But if you can get through school, then there are many opportunities that you would have that are LIKE acting. You could be a commentator on shows discussing current
legal issues for example. You could use your aries/libra see-saw and combine 2 fields into one.

bluemascara

starlink said:
Moon is VOC, meaning that you wont become a succesful actress I'm afraid.
Venus rules the 5th house of the arts and she is in detriment in Aries and also retrograde. This is also a bad sign. Venus also rules the 10th house for successes. Venus and Jupiter do not get together in sextile. Sun will burn Venus before that. Sorry!

haha yeah that's what I saw when I looked at it. SIgh my hopes are crushed :'(, but thanks for taking the time to look at it :):)

RockFish

I see some good positions for acting as well.

Jupiter is a planet connected to theater and acting. Many actors have Jupiter on MH or ascendant.

Your 6th house in Capricorn shows an old-fashioned and structured kind of work, but Saturn, the ruler, is in the 5th, conjunct Uranus, which points to the repression of creativity and the desire to break through. Saturn is ruled by Jupiter in MH and trines it, a good relationship between career and day-to-day work.

Jupiter and MH ruled by Mars in the 3rd in LIbra, it speaks of communications. Mars is ruled by Venus in Scorpio in the cusp of 5th, it's creative communications. They are in mutual reception according to traditional astrology.

Moon trines Venus, which is a great aspect for an artist, particularly singers. :rolleyes:

And Leo ascendant. It's a "showman" ascendant, altho a bit strained by square to Sun, its ruler, in Scorpio, showing a bit of conflict between wanting to shine and wanting to hide in a cave. :rolleyes:

I think your chart speaks a lot of creativity and of overcoming obstacles to self-expression (Saturn in the 5th, Mars in detriment in the 3rd, Sun squaring ascendant).

I say, follow your heart. You might end up doing something different from law AND from theater, but the important thing is, don't give up of your desire. ;)

bluemascara

katydid said:
You have Jupiter at the very top of your chart, which is great for Law. It is in Aries, so I can see how law school itself could be boring for you. But if you can get through school, then there are many opportunities that you would have that are LIKE acting. You could be a commentator on shows discussing current
legal issues for example. You could use your aries/libra see-saw and combine 2 fields into one.

Thanks for replying :). It's funny, i never wanted to BE a lawyer but people are always telling me that I would make a great lawyer and I guess my astrological make up says the samething. It's probably the whole Aries/Libra thing again...wanting one thing and having to do another

bluemascara

RockFish said:
I see some good positions for acting as well.

Jupiter is a planet connected to theater and acting. Many actors have Jupiter on MH or ascendant.

Your 6th house in Capricorn shows an old-fashioned and structured kind of work, but Saturn, the ruler, is in the 5th, conjunct Uranus, which points to the repression of creativity and the desire to break through. Saturn is ruled by Jupiter in MH and trines it, a good relationship between career and day-to-day work.

Jupiter and MH ruled by Mars in the 3rd in LIbra, it speaks of communications. Mars is ruled by Venus in Scorpio in the cusp of 5th, it's creative communications. They are in mutual reception according to traditional astrology.

Moon trines Venus, which is a great aspect for an artist, particularly singers. :rolleyes:

And Leo ascendant. It's a "showman" ascendant, altho a bit strained by square to Sun, its ruler, in Scorpio, showing a bit of conflict between wanting to shine and wanting to hide in a cave. :rolleyes:

I think your chart speaks a lot of creativity and of overcoming obstacles to self-expression (Saturn in the 5th, Mars in detriment in the 3rd, Sun squaring ascendant).

I say, follow your heart. You might end up doing something different from law AND from theater, but the important thing is, don't give up of your desire. ;)

thanks a lot of your input :) I think I just mmight take your advice and do what I want since well...maybe if i start taking action towards the direction I want to go I will get a better result. Will just have to see i guess...but i did just ask the same question only for 'lawyer this time' and it seems like a big bright positive answer

By bluemascara

Libra as ascendant=represents me or in any case balance/judgement?
Tenth house in Cancer with moon on the midheaven at the highest point of the chart and then the 9th house in Gemini with Mercury in the seventh house. seems like a yes hahaha:eek:

hiimnotcool

youre venus, in the 6th house of work. debilitated though so im thinking you may not like it all too much. but the moon rules lawyer and its next aspect is a square to venus, which indicates a yes but with difficulty. id type more but my main hand is broken and im having to use only my index finger lol

FleetingDasein

I'm going to have to agree with hiimnotcool.

The Moon is receiving Venus by face, the weakest of all receptions.

Moon is applying to Venus by square. You'll be a sucessful lawyer but only after much sacrifice. The Moon is dignified, and at an angle. It's in the 10th house! You'll be a sucessful lawyer if you set yourself on it. But look at the state Venus is in. Retrograde, and in detriment in the house of service to others. Maybe this is something you were meant to do. A lot of people are not happy doing what they are doing. Justice is blind, aren't all lawyers in some kind of detriment? :) It's not an easy field.

Or maybe you should do what makes you happy.

On a side note, I cast a horary a few days ago regarding a certain program I really want to do. I got a similar outcome. The moon was void of course. It was just a disaster of a horary. It was a pretty clear no. I'm applying to a bunch of universities, and the question was if I would do the program. I'm here wondering if what I'm doing is alll in vain since it already said nothing would come from it. But I have faith, that if I keep trying, maybe something will change, because it's what I want... I guess we're against the universe. Don't let horary change what you want to do.

Last edited:

bluemascara

FleetingDasein, thanks a lot :). I'm thinking that the charts would probably change based on action in a certain direction. Like maybe if you make thhe question a conditional "if ...then..." you would get a different reply. Like in my situation, the steps i'm taking now i guess would give me a positive on the law direction because I'm already in it. But maybe if I change my own course the answer will also change. Maybe you can also think of things you could do so as to change your answer...if it actually works like that hahaha

bluemascara

FleetingDasein said:
I'm going to have to agree with hiimnotcool.

The Moon is receiving Venus by face, the weakest of all receptions.

Moon is applying to Venus by square. You'll be a sucessful lawyer but only after much sacrifice. The Moon is dignified, and at an angle. It's in the 10th house! You'll be a sucessful lawyer if you set yourself on it. But look at the state Venus is in. Retrograde, and in detriment in the house of service to others. Maybe this is something you were meant to do. A lot of people are not happy doing what they are doing. Justice is blind, aren't all lawyers in some kind of detriment? :) It's not an easy field.

Or maybe you should do what makes you happy.

On a side note, I cast a horary a few days ago regarding a certain program I really want to do. I got a similar outcome. The moon was void of course. It was just a disaster of a horary. It was a pretty clear no. I'm applying to a bunch of universities, and the question was if I would do the program. I'm here wondering if what I'm doing is alll in vain since it already said nothing would come from it. But I have faith, that if I keep trying, maybe something will change, because it's what I want... I guess we're against the universe. Don't let horary change what you want to do.

hmm i'm thinking about the whole service thing and being of service to others and that going against the whole explanation for the Aries north node...one must let go of depending on and serving others...

starlink

Bluemascara, in the question about being a laywer, you are Venus, weak and retrograde and Moon is going to square you.
Mercury rules the 9th house and is accidentally dignified in the 7th in Aries and in term of Venus which is a hopeful sign.

If you would word the question a bit differently by saying: will I profit by my law studies, then the 10th house would show the profit and there we see ruler Moon very strong in own sign and angular. Another good sign.

Venus and Mercury do not aspect one another but are both ruled by Mars who is the ruler of the triplicity of Pisces. However, Mars will oppose Saturn which can show delay and generally difficulties. Saturn rejoices in the 12th, but he is retrograde, which makes him more malific.

Last hope: Moon, after squaring Venus will square Sun, but this is a potentially good square because both planets are very strong. This shows a good contact, but nonetheless with effort. After that however Moon will square Mercury, less good, but still between planets which are essentially strong, then as last aspect Moon will sextile Saturn. I dont know what to think of this. Saturn is a malific and I dont know if the sextile can do much good here. I can interprete this as a possibility (sextile) that there will be a delay or that the whole study will take a long time.

The end of the matter is also ruled by that Saturn retrograde. I find it difficult to judge. I think you could be a succesful layer, but it will take a lot of work and effort to get there.

By the way:
Tenth house in Cancer with moon on the midheaven at the highest point of the chart and then the 9th house in Gemini with Mercury in the seventh house.
This is not horary, but natal interpretation!
You must look at the signifiers of the 1st (you)and the 10th house (the success) and then we see a square.

The Yes & No technique of Jones gives a possible (sextile) yes but with difficulty (Moon will sextile Saturn).Too bad we cannot wait for the outcome of this horary:).

archergirl

And look; if you want to be an actress, then go be an actress. 'Success' by its definition is flexible. If you mean 'success' as in 'as rich as Nicole Kidman', then the answer is unlikely; few people reach her heady heights or paycheck. But if it's something you desire, and you enjoy, and you have some talent for, then you will be 'successful' in some way, shape or form. We put far too much emphasis on outer manifestations of 'success' (fame, fortune, adulation) and don't focus on the inner pleasures and satisfactions we get from doing something we love, which is the real definition of success. Forget practicality. LIVE.

I speak from many years down the line. I always wanted to have a band. My best friend and I were going to be the next Duran Duran (oh! how that ages me!:D ), but I lacked self-confidence to pursue it. I'm now nearing forty, and am thinking about starting a band, because, heck, I'm old enough now to not care whether I 'make it' or not. I just want to do it and have some fun and wiggle around on stage in too-tight leather trousers. Life is short and often dreadfully boring. Don't wait another twenty years. Seize what moments you can. You have plenty of time later on to turn into a boring old fart.

AG:)

Last edited:

bluemascara

starlink said:
Bluemascara, in the question about being a laywer, you are Venus, weak and retrograde and Moon is going to square you.
Mercury rules the 9th house and is accidentally dignified in the 7th in Aries and in term of Venus which is a hopeful sign.

If you would word the question a bit differently by saying: will I profit by my law studies, then the 10th house would show the profit and there we see ruler Moon very strong in own sign and angular. Another good sign.

Venus and Mercury do not aspect one another but are both ruled by Mars who is the ruler of the triplicity of Pisces. However, Mars will oppose Saturn which can show delay and generally difficulties. Saturn rejoices in the 12th, but he is retrograde, which makes him more malific.

Last hope: Moon, after squaring Venus will square Sun, but this is a potentially good square because both planets are very strong. This shows a good contact, but nonetheless with effort. After that however Moon will square Mercury, less good, but still between planets which are essentially strong, then as last aspect Moon will sextile Saturn. I dont know what to think of this. Saturn is a malific and I dont know if the sextile can do much good here. I can interprete this as a possibility (sextile) that there will be a delay or that the whole study will take a long time.

The end of the matter is also ruled by that Saturn retrograde. I find it difficult to judge. I think you could be a succesful layer, but it will take a lot of work and effort to get there.

By the way: This is not horary, but natal interpretation!
You must look at the signifiers of the 1st (you)and the 10th house (the success) and then we see a square.

The Yes & No technique of Jones gives a possible (sextile) yes but with difficulty (Moon will sextile Saturn).Too bad we cannot wait for the outcome of this horary:).

Thanks for the input :) ..I'm sure the effort will come from the fact that its not something I want to do, if I pursue it. It will take awhile..But if you keep frequenting this forum and I'm sure i'll be sticking around here myself, I'll let you know the outcome hehehe;) :) :) :)