On the Earth (Signs)

sibylline

Following that tangent, an earthy person who lacks imagination is liable to find things they can't immediately verify as unreal or ********. It might be a case where these ideas do in fact have some validity but the earth person does not have the capacity to conceptualize how that idea may take a material form.

I agree, this can be the greatest downside to Earth. Lack of belief, even awareness, of anything that can't be perceived with the five senses. The world in between its material lines simply does not exist. I think this also causes misunderstandings and even dislike by people of other elemental dominances who can't fathom or really don't care for someone who can't see beyond the concrete world.

Personally I tended to find that Earth signs were very "boring", "un-interesting". But as I get older, I tend to value them and their personalities more.

Yes, I think as people age/mature they grow to appreciate Earth more.

Brutal honesty time:

The way Earth types are often spoken of as like slave labor offends and disturbs me.

Examples?

AppLeo

I agree, this can be the greatest downside to Earth. Lack of belief, even awareness, of anything that can't be perceived with the five senses. The world in between its material lines simply does not exist. I think this also causes misunderstandings and even dislike by people of other elemental dominances who can't fathom or really don't care for someone who can't see beyond the concrete world.

Yeah, but on the flip side, if people can't fathom the concrete world then they can just get right out. If you can't value the concrete then why are you still alive??? To be alive is an earthy thing.

AppLeo

So only earth alone is necessary for life? Explain.

Well look at animals. They don't really think; they don't really feel; they don't really do fire (whatever fire is in this case). They do a ton of Earth though. You practically (lol) only need Earth element to live on Earth.

Personally, I think Taurus is ruled by Earth and Taurus is an Earth sign. We are of the Earth so all we need is the Earth. Kind of.

For humans though and maybe all life actually the other elements are important. But if you can't do Earth then I don't understand what you're doing here then. To be alive is kind of restricting. If you're emotional, then die and have your spirit go up with the other spirits so you can connect with them. To be of the Earth you can't think as fast. Information is only available to you based on your environment (earth). Fire is like the joy or bliss. To live on Earth there isn't always a time to joyful or to feel alive. You can feel more alive when you're dead because you're not bogged down by an Earth body. You can stretch far and wide with your fieriness.

On earth (or to occupy a physical body), you can't do any of the other elements because we live on an earthly plane of existence.

EDIT** Our body is an earth lens. Every time we express a different element it will always come out in an earthy way. So if you can't do Earth to begin with, then all of your other elements succk major butt.

Last edited:

sibylline

Yeah, but on the flip side, if people can't fathom the concrete world then they can just get right out. If you can't value the concrete then why are you still alive??? To be alive is an earthy thing.

I think the mindset behind that is that the material world is the obvious, perceived and experienced by every flesh and blood human. Thus no real value is placed on it. Of course this is a mistake, but I notice the Earth vs. other elements rift even among people who are not astro-aware, so I understand the thinking.

Phoenix Venus

Let's talk about how earth signs make great food :love:

I like how earth signs always have fun hobbies and projects going. Practical way to spend their time.

Out of the earth signs i probably know more virgo suns. They make great friends. They are loyal, considerate and intellectual. Theres this certain innocence to the virgo-pisces axis.

The thing i dont like about earthiness is the "have to see it to believe it" mentality.

Phoenix Venus

Taurus is great because they won't do something until they are good and ready and they will take their time doing it. You gotta appreciate that.

conspiracy theorist

Well look at animals. They don't really think; they don't really feel; they don't really do fire (whatever fire is in this case). They do a ton of Earth though. You practically (lol) only need Earth element to live on Earth.

So you're looking at Earth as every thing perceivable by the 5 senses. Okay I get that. But there is another way of looking at this and that is to attribute certain functions of the animal to certain elements. So for instance, breathing would be air, the heart and "energy" would be fire and water would be all the bodily fluids that are within the animal. This is admittedly not an "earthy" way to see things but alternative medicine makes use of this kind of thinking, and with tangible results.

Personally, I think Taurus is ruled by Earth and Taurus is an Earth sign. We are of the Earth so all we need is the Earth. Kind of.

Our planet is called earth but all the elements can still be found here. Fire, air and water (hell water makes up the majority of the Earth's surface). Again I see your thinking but I think there is more room for nuance and greater clarity.

For humans though and maybe all life actually the other elements are important. But if you can't do Earth then I don't understand what you're doing here then. To be alive is kind of restricting. If you're emotional, then die and have your spirit go up with the other spirits so you can connect with them. To be of the Earth you can't think as fast. Information is only available to you based on your environment (earth). Fire is like the joy or bliss. To live on Earth there isn't always a time to joyful or to feel alive. You can feel more alive when you're dead because you're not bogged down by an Earth body. You can stretch far and wide with your fieriness.

Don't get carried away now. Earth is indeed very important and we do leave in a highly material plane but the other elements are by no means hindered or ineffective because of this. Take a look at this forum and see the various emotional issues that are brought up, which is quite real to the people who have them. Earth without the other elements is dead as Earth is the most inert and still.

Phoenix Venus

Here's how my buddy piercethevale describes the earth signs via his "runic explination of the zodiac":

Taurus: Earth on earth: Plains, valleys, pastures
Virgo: Earth under earth: Caves
Capricorn: Earth above earth: Mountains

sibylline

Here's how my buddy piercethevale describes the earth signs via his "runic explination of the zodiac":

Taurus: Earth on earth: Plains, valleys, pastures
Virgo: Earth under earth: Caves
Capricorn: Earth above earth: Mountains

I like it, though I'm not sure how the Virgo one works: is it supposed to reflect Virgo's discriminating nature?

Phoenix Venus

Hmm, how could we use it?

What a practical, earthy question!

I could say determining weather conditions and locating things and whatnot but i think it will be even more useful in the long run.

Eventually it will tie spirituality in with science, methinks.

As above, so below. The earth, the body, sound vibrations, musical tonality and discipleship. They are all interconnected through the mandala of life the zodiac.

AppLeo

So you're looking at Earth as every thing perceivable by the 5 senses. Okay I get that. But there is another way of looking at this and that is to attribute certain functions of the animal to certain elements. So for instance, breathing would be air, the heart and "energy" would be fire and water would be all the bodily fluids that are within the animal. This is admittedly not an "earthy" way to see things but alternative medicine makes use of this kind of thinking, and with tangible results.

Our planet is called earth but all the elements can still be found here. Fire, air and water (hell water makes up the majority of the Earth's surface). Again I see your thinking but I think there is more room for nuance and greater clarity.

Don't get carried away now. Earth is indeed very important and we do leave in a highly material plane but the other elements are by no means hindered or ineffective because of this. Take a look at this forum and see the various emotional issues that are brought up, which is quite real to the people who have them. Earth without the other elements is dead as Earth is the most inert and still.

FIRE is the "energy." How could I forget fire.

But yes, you're right. Without the other elements, the earth element would be essentially dead and UTTERLY pointless. But this is an "I appreciate Earth" thread, so I'm just making Earth look good.

And I'm just saying that if you can't do Earth to begin with, then all of your other elements will just suckk. That's just what I think. If you can't express watery emotions in an earthly way through a hug or a kiss then your emotions are pretty lame.

JMO