Did I pass the state Bar Exam??

Rae

Question asked: Did I pass the state bar exam?
Date of Question: July 25, 2007, 5:51 PM EDT
Place of Question: Roanoke, Virginia, USA

Hi: Anyone willing to look at this? Would appreciate it !
I've passed in another state but just took one for this state and am unsure if I passed since its been a while since I had to take one!

Thanks

starlink

OK, then go to Forum jump, scroll down to Horary, click on that one, then scroll down until you see STICKY :How to post questions on this Forum by Radu. It is important to know this before proceeding with a question.

Rae

"If you want to post here a question, please provide the following:
- the date, time and time zone, when you thought at the question with the intention of consulting an astrologer or to interpret the horary chart yourself or to publish your question on this forum.
- the place where you were at that time"

Okay, the date time and time zone: ( I posted already in original question)
- When I asked the question, I suppose I intended that I would interpret it myself (as me the astrologer).

- The place: I was at the hotel a short distance from the colliseum where the exam took place and not that long after the exam let out. I was waiting for the elevator at my hotel to go up to my room and wondered how I did because I was clueless if I passed or not. The exam was over a two day period and I felt I did better on some parts than others and so was left feeling very uncertain as to how it would all turn out. So then I decided to form the question then. I looked at my watch which was accurate. The way I phrased the question was, "After all scores are combined and scaled and final results graded, will I have passed?"

Thanks!:)

starlink

Great, now we have this, the next step, also "obligatory" is that you first try to interprete that chart. It does not matter how little or how much you know about horary. It is all about learning. Then when you have tried first, all the others can come in and either correct or add their own comments to your question and the chart. Give it a try!! Sorry to be so difficult, but there is another thread (by Draco I believe, moderator of the horary section) who asks this of everyone. So extremely important are the correct question, the time and place and as much background as possible. Then the chart will give a good answer.

Rae

View attachment bar.doc (chart image)

I believe the outcome is yes. Jupiter is in the 12th and retrograde. That described my feelings and position at the time (and still does). The 12th is about the unknown. I was in the dark you could say, as to what the outcome was, how I did, etc. I have felt an inability to move forward until I get these results. It is very frustrating having to wait 3 months for test results! (I will not know them until mid October.)

The moon has just separated from making several aspects to significators of the question showing that the most of the action that led up to the question has passed (taken place already). The last separating aspect is a sextile to the MC so perhaps I had already done enough to pass but just did not yet know this. The moon is also moving to conjuction of the ASC which is also good, having just passed over Jupiter. Jupiter being the last planet the moon passed over gives the moon a jupiter influence which is good since it is about to conjoin with my ASC.

The Sun is the final dispositor of the question and it is in trine to Jupiter. The ruler of the exam is 9th house, Mercury (and SUn if you use the Koch system of houses) are therefore the significators of exam. Mercury is also the traditional planet that rules lawyers though now it is routinely thought to be Jupiter. So mercury describes the question. Mercury is direct and angular (accidently dignified by being so) and has honor by term and face. It is disposited by the Moon. Venus ruler 10th of success is disposited by Mercury. Venus, is in its fall by sign but does have honor of triplicity. However being that sign is more important than triplicity, and being that it (venus) is between south node and saturn, it is ineffectual here so I take Saturn as the almuten of the 10th house (Saturn is exalted in Libra). Saturn is also the natural ruler of the 10th house and also rules those with the police type power to decide to grant or deny licenses and our fate, success, etc.

Saturn here is disposited by the Sun, also rulership of authority and the sun here is the final dispositor of question. And again, sun trines jupiter by dexter aspect which is more beneficial/stronger than sinister.

Moon's final aspect is to a trine to Saturn, ruler of 10th though this is by sinister aspect (not quite as strong, but good enough to pass?). The moon will make that aspect from the first house.

Also other factors here, Mercury co ruler 9th trines Uranus, ruler of 3rd house by mutual application. 3rd house also rules reports and tests for lower education exams. By mutual reception, Mercury is also within a wide trine to Neptune, also ruler of 3rd. This is favorable for positive outcome. Also I should note here that although nowadays, we use Jupiter for lawyers and the law and 9th house matters, traditionally in the old days, Mercury was the ruler of attorneys. Mercury is also the natural ruler of examinations and reports.

The moon's applying aspects to these planets are less clear here. She squares Uranus after her sextile to the MC and then sextiles Neptune, but by mutual reception (which allows us to give two readings) she squares neptune and sextiles Uranus.

(Interesting here that there were two tests over two days. The tests are different in that one is written essay and graded by a person. The other is a national exam which is 100% mutiple choice and graded by optical scanner, not human grader. So perhaps the one read by optical scanner, Uranus, was not as good as the other? However the two tests are combined and then scaled. So I thought this might be described by the mutual reception between these two planets ruling the 3rd house?)

Mercury trines both of them (Uranus and Neptune) by their mutual application, one closer in orb than the other. And Saturn and Jupiter are also dispositors of Neptune and Uranus. This takes us back to Sun and Jupiter again as Saturn is disposited by Sun in its own sign of Leo, and Jupiter in its own sign of Sag., being trined by Sun, final dispositor (final authority) by dexter aspect. Also we have fixity of sign on the 3rd and 9th cusp and the Sun and Saturn are in a fixed sign. Finally, Sun, Jupiter and Saturn are in hayz.

All of above led me to a yes answer.

Of course I am biased. So I would like other opinions. :)

Attachments

• barquest.jpg
    barquest.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

starlink

Rae, you surprise me!! Sorry to come back so late to this thread, but I am here now. Many other things keeping me busy lately. You seem to know a lot about horary!! (probably more than I do!).I will have lunch now and come back after that. Just from a first look: Sun, ruler 9 indeed trines Jupiter which would indeed give a yes. With the YES or NO technique which I am trying out lately, I take the 9th as the subject and it's opposite house the 3rd and see how those rulers apply to one another. Sun is on it's way to Saturn and will eventually conjunct it, also pointing to a YES (with this technique you ONLY look at the aspects thatwill be made between significators. Things like retrogradation, detriment, fall or any other planets in bad or good aspect do not come into the equation apparently, so I also do not count the square to Mars from the Sun before he reaches Saturn.)

OK, I am back.
Moon and Jupiter are indeed not happy in the 12th (you gave an excellent description there!) and the Sun in the 8th shows clearly that this Chart deals with "worrying".
Jupiter is in terms of Venus and the Sun in terms of Saturn (probably showing that the exam was a tough one). The 9th house cusp is approaching conjunction with Venus.
Moon is dignified by face in Saggittarius (between 10 & 20°) which is nice.
But if you want to see Venus as ruler of Success, 10th house, than she is in fall and indeed badly placed between SN and Saturn.Besides, I do not think that we can incorporate Venus because it is of secondary interest here (we are asking if you passed the exam, not if you will become a success ). I never look further than just the main significators and the planets that come in theri way or help them, like transition of light. Nevertheless, it is a clever way of going about it, taking the Almuten! Good one.
Also, even though I myself are tempted to look at it, intercepted houses and therefore rulers, come at the end of the list of horary "to look at's" and from what I have read, only rarely mean anything. This is our natal astrology streak wanting to see or find more than there is, so the whole thing with Mercury I would leave alone. It makes things way too muddled, whilst everything is actually so clear by just looking at the real significators.
Sun will trine Jupiter, Moon's last aspect is a trine to Saturn (we dont look at Uranus and Neptune, traditionally that is. Modern interpretation would probably be that you are getting a sudden, totally unexpected, notification maybe regarding the essay or the multiple choice papers which could mystify you or confuse you. (let me know if that is indeed the case). Even though it looks like you have passed the exam, there could be something else there with this nasty South Node in the 9th. I hope you dont have to do the exam again, or part of it, due to unexpected circumstances. Jupiter is retrograde after all. Maybe also the square to the Part of Fortune by the Sun, before he makes the trine to Jupiter could indicate something "unlucky". End of the matter house is ruled by a malific and he is in detriment in Taurus but in terms of Jupiter. He will square Saturn before leaving his sign. I feel a bit dualistic about the outcome to be honest. Pluto is usually also NOT used by the traditionalists, but I look at these transsaturnals always when they are prominent and Pluto is, conjunct your Ascendant.He is in terms of Mars and the Asc. will conjunct him in 4° = 4 weeks or month after you asked the question. Also the Moon will conjunct Pluto as last aspect before leaving her sign. Probably it does not mean anything, like I said, this is just a "try-out" approach towards the modern planets who, I think, were not discovered for nothing, so I see this as a intermediate way of dealing with them.
Please let me know how things go and how right or wrong we were. Good luck and sorry for the late answer. Cheers, Star.

Last edited: