will i be a successful actress?

bluemascara

archergirl said:
And look; if you want to be an actress, then go be an actress. 'Success' by its definition is flexible. If you mean 'success' as in 'as rich as Nicole Kidman', then the answer is unlikely; few people reach her heady heights or paycheck. But if it's something you desire, and you enjoy, and you have some talent for, then you will be 'successful' in some way, shape or form. We put far too much emphasis on outer manifestations of 'success' (fame, fortune, adulation) and don't focus on the inner pleasures and satisfactions we get from doing something we love, which is the real definition of success. Forget practicality. LIVE.

I speak from many years down the line. I always wanted to have a band. My best friend and I were going to be the next Duran Duran (oh! how that ages me!:D ), but I lacked self-confidence to pursue it. I'm now nearing forty, and am thinking about starting a band, because, heck, I'm old enough now to not care whether I 'make it' or not. I just want to do it and have some fun and wiggle around on stage in too-tight leather trousers. Life is short and often dreadfully boring. Don't wait another twenty years. Seize what moments you can. You have plenty of time later on to turn into a boring old fart.

AG:)

haha yes i agree!! I hope you start your band and it works out :-D

freedomlover

Regarding your natal chart that you posted:

Jupiter (r) in Aries rules your 5th and 9th, and is conjunct your MC, slightly from the 9th. Moon rules your 12th. 5th and 9th houses being involved are good for artistic acting ability. You also have Neptune in Capricorn in the 5th - another great indicator.

Your chart ruler is the Sun in Scorpio which is cazimi with Pluto. To me this would show the ability to "transform" your identity at will, and a great control and ability to flow your emotions. ( Or you should have this trait, if you do not already).

Mars in Libra, ruler of your MC, is in your 3rd - also showing your ability to be quite chameleon-like in your appearance and interaction with others.

Personally, I think your chart shows all the qualities needed to be great in theatre. With the Moon, Jupiter, and your North Node being in Aries in the 9th - perhaps your luck lies in being in foreign films. Have you ever had the urge to move abroad? Saturn in Sagittarius also is in the 5th, showing you maybe would get noticed if you sought work in some place other than your homeland? You may also need an acting coach/mentor/agent.

Psychologically speaking, you may have a personal growth test to pass before success would come. ( I read somewhere that Pavarotti had to completely give up singing before his voice really took on its true quality). Moon in Aries rules your 12th house, and is in your 9th house. Jupiter (r) in Aries rules the 5th house of the inner child, and getting noticed. Jupiter is conjunct the 10th. Aries rules competition/ being first. You may be self-sabotaging yourself if you are being too competitive, or wanting it for the fame and fortune, instead of simply for the love of the craft.

You may also have some issues with your father/parents/homeland of origin to overcome first, as chart ruler, Sun is cazimi with Pluto in Scorpio in an intercepted 4th - and Pluto rules the intercepted 4th.

These could point to issues of what you really want to do vs. what your father/parents wanted you to do - or what you could make alot of money at. Also, Mercury is retrograde in Libra in the intercepted 4th, and rules your 3rd. It trines Chiron (r) in Gemini in the 11th. This can show that you were taught to give in to a controlling parent. It can also show issues of equality and competition with a sibling to be overcome.

Best of luck to you... and feedback is appreciated!

FL

Last edited:

freedomlover

Also, I took a quick peek at your 1st horary question.

I find it curious that the Ascendant is Sagittarius and Saturn(r) is in Virgo at cusp of 9th. This could possibly be an indicator for luck in a foreign country.

Mars, ruler of your 4th, is in the 2nd, and is approaching an opposition to Saturn in 3 somethings. Jupiter rules your Ascendant, and is also in the 2nd.

Moon is in Gemini in intercepted 6th house. It is separating from a trine to Jupiter. It is applying a trine to Neptune in the 2nd, but not before an imminent square to Uranus, co-ruler of your 2nd, in your 3rd house.

Just how serious are you about acting? Have you taken lessons? acted in any plays, productions, indie films? Some background information would be mighty helpful here.

Also, Sagittarius/Jupiter rules surplus/too much. Possibly this points to "extra" work to get your foot in the door? I used to live in a city with a major film studio. I know of several people who were able to get paid bit parts when they were "discovered" doing extra work. You gotta start somewhere.

Mars in Pisces could possibly be a male person in film work in some way - actor, indie film director/producer, etc.

Just some thoughts.... and remember, I'm practicing here - so feedback is much appreciated!

FL

FleetingDasein

bluemascara said:
hmm i'm thinking about the whole service thing and being of service to others and that going against the whole explanation for the Aries north node...one must let go of depending on and serving others...

I also have an Aries North Node, and I have always thought it was all about finding yourself without having to depend on others. Helping others is not the same as depending on them. If anything, it's allowing them to depend on you! :p

bluemascara

freedomlover said:
Also, I took a quick peek at your 1st horary question.

I find it curious that the Ascendant is Sagittarius and Saturn(r) is in Virgo at cusp of 9th. This could possibly be an indicator for luck in a foreign country.

Mars, ruler of your 4th, is in the 2nd, and is approaching an opposition to Saturn in 3 somethings. Jupiter rules your Ascendant, and is also in the 2nd.

Moon is in Gemini in intercepted 6th house. It is separating from a trine to Jupiter. It is applying a trine to Neptune in the 2nd, but not before an imminent square to Uranus, co-ruler of your 2nd, in your 3rd house.

Just how serious are you about acting? Have you taken lessons? acted in any plays, productions, indie films? Some background information would be mighty helpful here.

Also, Sagittarius/Jupiter rules surplus/too much. Possibly this points to "extra" work to get your foot in the door? I used to live in a city with a major film studio. I know of several people who were able to get paid bit parts when they were "discovered" doing extra work. You gotta start somewhere.

Mars in Pisces could possibly be a male person in film work in some way - actor, indie film director/producer, etc.

Just some thoughts.... and remember, I'm practicing here - so feedback is much appreciated!

FL

First of all, thanks a lot for the interpretation, it was really good even if you are practicing. First thing...While my parents were not controlling in the sense that they dictated me to wear certain things etc(because as my mom just pointed out, i was impossible to control) they were in certain ways psychologically restrictive which i think is equal to controlling in an astrological interpretation. For example my mother, is very spiritual. She likes astrology and anything mythical but also follows a very restrictive religion. She never tried to force it on me but had an attitude of "what i believe is right and yo ucan do what you want but this is the right thing" as opposed to "this is just what i believe"..that was hard psychologically and often made me feel scared and guilty... My father doesn't follow it but me and him don't get along at all. He never was able to gain authority over me because i just don't listen to what he says but you can't put us in a room together for more than five minutes till we start fighting (he's a cap with a pisces rising, moon in cap). I think we were friends when I was little but ever since then he just never approved of anything I did, and that was also hard pshycologically even if i always did what I wanted anyway. And now that i'm older my parents refuse to give me advice because they say i never take it anyway and don't agree with what they tell me. The reason for that is when i ask them for advice and they give me some they donn't actually take me into consideration. They think about themselves and what they like and so on and advise me to do that. But i am the only child so theere's no sibling rivalry in my family.

Hmm as for luck in a foreign country..well I do love to travel a lot. Especially to France but I don't know the language well enough to move there :/...Acting classes..I have taken a bunch in college and when i was younger i also took lessons and participated in plays and stuff and the teachers always told me I had potential but needed to be dedicated and work hard but...i didn't pursue theater as a major because i decided i should have a practical major in college and then try to do acting on the side, and then didn't have time/money for more classes. Now i miss it..a lot. Just feel pulled in that direction, like its something i should be doing.

My personality...I think that chameleon thing was really dead on. I am good at blending in and getting along with different types of groups and I kind of change what I have to to fit the right part.

I have a qquestion though probably not a very intelligent one and one with a very obvious answer..Why is the ninth house the house of self undoing for me and why does the moon rule it?

Last edited:

freedomlover

I have a qquestion though probably not a very intelligent one and one with a very obvious answer..Why is the ninth house the house of self undoing for me and why does the moon rule it?
Because I can think faster than I can type - and my words got jumbled!:p

I went back and changed it in the original post. What I meant to say was that your Moon rules your 12th house of self-undoing, and is in your 9th. Sorry....:eek:

Also, I don't think I said it ( might have...) but, 12th house has to do with the film industry, as well. I say if you're feeling "pulled" in that direction, then try to take some kind of step in that direction.

Jupiter/9th house also rules faith/intuition. Some of that might be involved to get you started, as well. You might have to take a risk because your gut tells you that you should do so - even though it may not make sense to others looking on.

As to foreign countries, and languages, Chiron is retrograde in Gemini. Gemini rules languages. Perhaps you need to learn a foreign language? Just a thought.

You said there were not siblings - so no sibling rivalry. A thought on that: Sometimes an only child is used to being the center of attention, and when they are not, or things don't go the way they want it to, they get discouraged easily. The world outside the home may not be as kind and supportive as two doting parents. That Jupiter(r) at the top of the chart can possibly be pointing to that issue instead - to learn to stay true to yourself, despite opposition from the outside world. Again, Jupiter rules the 5th house of the inner child, and attention from others - being "on-stage". Possibly your parents did provide you with what you need to believe in yourself - now you need to carry that within as you interact with the outside world. Remember, there are other people who DID have siblings who are very competitive, and projecting their own sibling issues onto you!

The Chiron(r) in Gemini in the 11th can also signify these type of issues being a "wounding" to your hopes and dreams, being in the 11th. I don't know why, but I'm thinking of a particular play... maybe you are familiar with it.... "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".....A lesson in believing in yourself and following your dreams - despite the hardship and opposition from others.

Did you have any thoughts on the horary interp I did? My take on it was that there might be an opportunity to take a small part, or be involved in some kind of production. Have you had any talk recently about any such thing?

FL

freedomlover

quoting bluemascara: I think we were friends when I was little but ever since then he just never approved of anything I did, and that was also hard pshycologically even if i always did what I wanted anyway. And now that i'm older my parents refuse to give me advice because they say i never take it anyway and don't agree with what they tell me. The reason for that is when i ask them for advice and they give me some they donn't actually take me into consideration.
I just went back and re-read your post. Somehow I didn't catch this part the first time I read it. (Having lots of brain-fade tonight.) So, ix-nay on the "doting parents" and support from the last post.

Psychologically, one tends to project the image of the parents onto God, the Universe - our sense of support. If your father "never approved of anything you did" - that is NOT support. And if you never received advice that helped you in what YOU wanted to do, but only in the direction THEY thought you should take - that is NOT support. I know exactly what you mean about people giving advice that haven't a clue..... I've been through loads of that myself.

It sounds like you really need to remove some psychological blocks to manifesting your dreams. If you're not familiar with this book, you might see if you can get a copy: "The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity" by Julia Cameron. If you're in a larger city, there are study groups and workshops built around this book. It helps you remove the blocks that are self-sabotaging your dreams. This is also a link to the website: http://www.theartistsway.com/

Now I "get" the intercepted 4th house issues, and the tight Sun/Pluto conjunction in Scorpio. You need a transformation of your sense of parents and support - and releasing emotional baggage/blocks.

FL

bluemascara

freedomlover said:
I just went back and re-read your post. Somehow I didn't catch this part the first time I read it. (Having lots of brain-fade tonight.) So, ix-nay on the "doting parents" and support from the last post.

Psychologically, one tends to project the image of the parents onto God, the Universe - our sense of support. If your father "never approved of anything you did" - that is NOT support. And if you never received advice that helped you in what YOU wanted to do, but only in the direction THEY thought you should take - that is NOT support. I know exactly what you mean about people giving advice that haven't a clue..... I've been through loads of that myself.

It sounds like you really need to remove some psychological blocks to manifesting your dreams. If you're not familiar with this book, you might see if you can get a copy: "The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity" by Julia Cameron. If you're in a larger city, there are study groups and workshops built around this book. It helps you remove the blocks that are self-sabotaging your dreams. This is also a link to the website: http://www.theartistsway.com/

Now I "get" the intercepted 4th house issues, and the tight Sun/Pluto conjunction in Scorpio. You need a transformation of your sense of parents and support - and releasing emotional baggage/blocks.

FL

Oh i do live in a big city and I'm positive I can find that here thanks so much!! i will check out the website ASAP.I think you're absolutely right, there are tons of blocks that need to be removed from my childhood years...Oh your horary interp made me feel better, and went along with what i was thinking...that its possible that I just need to take MORE steps in the direction that i want in order to get something. I keep thinking that if i do the horary will give a different answer, do you think? I'm curious about wha you said about Mars in pisces..maybe i need a mentor?

thanks again for all the info , you are wonderful :) :) :) :)

freedomlover

bluemascara said:
Oh i do live in a big city and I'm positive I can find that here thanks so much!! i will check out the website ASAP.I think you're absolutely right, there are tons of blocks that need to be removed from my childhood years...Oh your horary interp made me feel better, and went along with what i was thinking...that its possible that I just need to take MORE steps in the direction that i want in order to get something. I keep thinking that if i do the horary will give a different answer, do you think? I'm curious about wha you said about Mars in pisces..maybe i need a mentor?

thanks again for all the info , you are wonderful :) :) :) :)

Great! I hope you can link up with one of those groups - I would have loved to have found one.

About a mentor..... there is a lot of emphasis on the 9th house in your natal chart. Pisces is on the cusp. This can sometimes show some form of self-sabotage in your subconscious regarding teachers/mentors/others directing you in any way.

In the horary you asked, Saturn(r) in Virgo was smack on the 9th house cusp. Yeah, if I were you, I would do some inner work on the subject, pray about it, and see who or what shows up in the form of mentorship. The Artist's Way group would definitely fall under this, as well. It really depends on what level you're on and what you feel ready for with your acting skills.
I'm not looking at the horary directly right now, but it seemed to me that it showed a little time before the opportunity came together. I'm unskilled at timing in horaries - sorry.

Best of luck to you,

Freedomlover