Hidden talent? Potential comedic career? Help wanted..

Hello, I'm going through a bit of a confusing period of my life and I've taken some time off from my studies due to a lack of passion (lack of fire in chart as well..) and I also suffer from debilitating anxiety/depression (not sure if that shows in my chart, maybe saturn square pluto?)

Being a standup comedian or an actress would be my dream job, but I hate being in the spotlight (Leo on 12th house cusp). I've also considered being a forensic psychologist (Pluto in Scorpio in 3rd house, Venus in Virgo in 12th house).

Anyway, if anyone could take a look at my chart and offer interpretations, I'd greatly appreciate it - thanks!

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    46 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 9.34.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 9.34.44 PM.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 9.34.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 9.34.18 PM.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 9.33.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-19 at 9.33.34 PM.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 19

Slenkar

Comedians rarely have their birth time known

I looked up Louis C.K. and he has mercury in house 2 like you,

you could try looking up comedians charts and try to see any similarities

Thing is though no-one can really say what makes an actor even though a lot of actors have known birth times.

A heck of a lot of comedians have moon in gemini, but it is not absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

urano

Hi,
I think there are several positive indications in your chart for a personal emphasis in artistic fields: first your Sun in Libra sign in the 1st house is a powerful factor to be in the limelight. Mercury and Jupiter also in Libra sign are I believe quite favorable for an artistic orientation.
Mercury in Libra in the 2nd house could be also a quite good indication for trade (an hidden talent for business?).

Nevertheless, concerning a pure artistic activity, a professional vocation, I am a bit upset by your Venus in its fall in Virgo in the 12th house. I don’t know what to think about that. Ideally Venus would have to be stronger in sign and house, with more aspects, in particular from Luminaries.
I am an amateur in astrology, so these are just some comments about your chart.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Nevertheless, concerning a pure artistic activity, a professional vocation, I am a bit upset by your Venus in its detriment in Virgo in the 12th house. I don’t know what to think about that. Ideally Venus would have to be stronger in sign and house, with more aspects, in particular from Luminaries.

That may be what a traditional astrologer would say, but from a modern astrology perspective, twelfth house placements are great for careers that put you in the spotlight--acting, singing, politics, etc. Many US presidents (at least, those whose birth times are known) have strong presence in the twelfth house... and, in at least two cases (Obama and Bush Jr.) an empty tenth house. Madonna has a packed twelfth house... and also an empty tenth.

Twelfth house reflects archetypes and the collective unconscious back at society. People with strong twelfth house placements have strong potential to become an archetype that people look to... like Obama's "change we can believe in" slogan, Bush's Marlboro Man image, or Madonna's becoming a 1980s icon.

In that light, Venus in the twelfth is very good for a career that requires you to tap into what the people want to hear, in a creative way. Comedy and acting are exactly that. Virgo gives it a groundedness that it might not have if it were in, say, Libra. Virgo may not be very good for the superficial expressions of Venus (shallowness, obsession with looks, uncommitted love, etc.), but it allows the deeper expressions of Venus to come through, often through some kind of work. Celebrity example: Charlize Theron has Venus in Virgo, and retrograde, too. Not only that, hers is also in the twelfth house, and doesn't aspect any luminaries, either... her sun and moon are both in Leo (and in the twelfth, too... so she also fits the packed twelfth house pattern!).

And then that twelfth house Virgo Venus trines Neptune and Uranus in the fifth house. It shares supportive energies with your desires to do what you love (fifth house), and Neptune shares the twelfth house's implications of tapping into underlying archetypes... and Uranus is all about being different, creative in an even more expansive way than Venus. Having them in Capricorn could give you great discipline and drive to pursue what you love, never giving up.

Last edited: