Signs of Health - Is Your Health Ruled By Your Star Sign?

proluna8

Dear Arian Maverick, I hate the fact that this poor little egg had the regent of its ascendant in opposition to the Asc. itself!!! and the poor siblings watching there!!! (very tragic, hahaha).

OK, for the topic: you really took some time reading all that and posting it. Besides the fact of respecting Mr. Coleman for writing and conducting the statistics (something I wouldn't have the patience to do), I deeply disagree with his approach to astrology in the first place.

We all know that there are not two equal charts, even if you consider the lapse of 24,700 years or so for the "realignment" of planets to their original position, the galaxy itself would not be the same then... so, if two twins have very different lifes and experiences and if we consider the magnitude of these mathematical combinations, it makes no sense to put every person in the planet in just one out of twelve categories!!!

I think it's very "Roman astrology" and we all know not a single Aries is even closer to similar to the next one. (Imagine hospitals including "zodiacal sign" in their entry forms!!!)

Also, those statistics show very little difference, in some cases, between signs regarding one particular sympton. It reminded me of Gauquelin and his "cosmic clocks" conducting statistics that showed exactly the opposite thing from what he wanted to prove.

If you consider an aries with a moon in conjunction with his sun: is it dicreasing or not? it's going to make a world of difference (leaving aside the fact that one of them is going to kill the kid almost inmediately) Now, please indulge me and put that same moon in a trigon to that sun, in a square? whatever... how does that arian person feel during his whole life?

What if his saturn is in some specific position and the poor fellow suffers a chronic disease for years, in pain and with no hope at all? how does he feel?

On the other hand, give him some nice aspects for his moon and mercury, his mars in domicile in a trigon to saturn in the midheaven in sagitarius in the 9th house (which will give him just some muscular pains) this person is not going to understand the meaning of the word "depresion" and I ask: do we know how many arians have these kinds of aspects? (probably many thousands)

I am also thinking of a good mars (also in domicile) in a sun-moon opposition chart (besides the fact of not being very good at socializing, not a big problem for many), I can imagine an extremely successful person who copes with hundreds of problems and succeeds every time (at whatever it is), perhaps not the happiest one but deppresion is a forbidden word for this dude.

Show me one chart where saturn and venus are connected in any possible way, then tell me about all the stories this person is going to tell you about his love life (couple, children, friends?) Very sad or at least, hard to live with.
No matter what the solar sign is.

Or give me a moon in Capricorn or a moon connected to saturn by conjunction, oppostion or square... there are so many possibilities to have a deppressed person regardless his sun sign...

Again, let us imagine a bad sun in house one and some difficult collocations in the chart of a (say) killer? He goes to jail in the worst imaginable conditions with a thirty year sentence. Two years later, when his excellent neptune in house twelve goes over his natal sun (imagine some twenty years after his birthday) and the guy tells you: "I discovered the existence of God!!!" and he spends the rest of his life in prison learning teology and helping others and so on and so forth... he will go out of prison and he will devote the rest of his life to some religious activities in a church. I can assure you it doesn't matter what sign he is, he is going to have a happy life, because that good neptune in transit over his sun is going to change him forever.

Which brings me back to Mr. Coleman and my question now is: when is that aries going to suffer from depression? at what age? didn't Mr. Coleman consider transits and the theory of ages and NLP?

I don't want to bother you all with my sometimes rambling speech and I want to make it clear that I am not criticising you Arian Maverick, far from that. I just wanted to call some attention to the enormous value of each separated natal chart regardless the solar sign. I don't like the idea of overgeneralising in any aspect of human life.

All the best to all, Adriana

Last edited:

Astrocurious

Lissa said:
Very interesting article,even though I must say I haven't read it all,the article is just huge and I have the atention spam of a bean!!!Blame the Mars in Gemini!!!
Hahahaha, this made me laugh, I agree with you here thanks to Mars in Gemini(and I haven't read it all either thinking the same thing!):p I HATE it sometimes(having a short attention span).:60:

Last edited:

Pisceanfool

Wow that was pretty interesting, i've read that all medical personnel were at one time required to know basic astrology. Welcome to the age of doubt...

PYXIS

Pisceanfool said:
Wow that was pretty interesting, i've read that all medical personnel were at one time required to know basic astrology. Welcome to the age of doubt...

PF- the Einstein quote u have posted fascinates me, somewhat.
Imagination is certainly the ultimate ...I agree...but perhaps our knowledge facilitates our imagination...?
Einstein had his Moon/Aquarius..i believe..
I have always thot of Aquarius as the sign of profound imagination and genius.

autumnleaf

I love this place!! No matter where I go I find so much useful information!! Can I just move in and set up shop? hehehe
I'm printing this up as we speak.

I'm curious, though. I have a stellium in H1 (scorp), and I have had issues with those things that this article says is most common in Aries. Could that be because of Aries' natural rule over H1?

That part about Gem's always being sick holds sooo true for my sister. Anyone with a cold can just look at her and she gets sick! her Sagi moon does nothing to help her in that department. Poor thing!

Arian Maverick

This seems like a strong possibility to me, but I believe a stronger possibility would be that the signs Scorpio and Aries are both ruled by Mars, and thus, natives of both signs may suffer from Mars-type afflictions.

I believe this small study only took Sun signs into consideration, but oddly enough, quite a few of the ancient rulers of certain parts of the body corresponded with the signs who experienced the greatest chance of acquiring a certain illness.

If you wish to learn more about these astrological-bodily connections, I recommend that you browse through the Skyscript pages; you will see a small grid of boxes with numbers under House meanings: near the upper left corner of the main page, directly beneath the text box that enables you to Search this site:.

If you visit the House Rulerships in Practice - the First House and scroll down to Medical--or simply click the link at the top of the page to be brought directly there--you will find the following description:

In Medical Matters:
The head and face: eyes, ears, mouth, hair, nose, tongue, teeth; Culpeper notes: "whatsoever is above the first vertebra of the neck".
Saturn, Mars or the north node in this house denote a blemish in the face, or in the part of the body represented by the sign on the cusp; Lilly notes: "as if Aries be in the ascendant, the mark, mole, or scar is without fail in the head or face; and if few degrees of the sign ascend, the mark is in the upper part of the head; if the middle of the sign be on the cusp, the mole, mark or scar is in the middle of the face, or near it; if the later degrees ascend, the face is blemished near the chin, towards the neck." ([CA] p.51)
In decumbiture charts the 1st house represents the patient and the condition of its ruler shows the strength of their vitality, as opposed to the 6th house ruler which represents the disease. If the 1st house ruler is stronger than the 6th, the patient will overcome the illness.

I'm curious, though. I have a stellium in H1 (scorp), and I have had issues with those things that this article says is most common in Aries. Could that be because of Aries' natural rule over H1?

I don't know specifically which issues you are referring to, and I'm not going to pry, but you may wish to know that the sign Scorpio rules over the sexual organs, so "female health problems (including those affecting the uterus and ovaries) and "sexual problems" listed beneath Aries fall into the Scorpio realm.

Here is what Skyscript: Scorpio the Scorpion has to say; this information can be found under Traditional Rulerships:

Illnesses: Although Scorpio is considered a fertile sign, in decumbiture charts it signifies afflictions to the womb, and both the internal and external reproductive organs. Governed by Mars, many of its diseases are associated with ruptures, inflammations, ulcers and acute pain caused through abrasions and blockages. Diseases that fall under the signification of Scorpio include ureteral stones (bladder stones, blockages in the penis); strangury (painful discharge of urine); priapism (prolonged, painful erection); inflammatory bowel disease and such diseases as lead to fistulas (ulcerations that form channels of infection) in the lower intestines and genital regions; sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhoea and syphilis; hemorrhoids or piles (swollen veins in the rectum and anus which cause painful burning and itching); testicular diseases and all illnesses that lead to pain in the lower abdominal, genital or perineal area.

Scorpio is also generally associated with viruses or afflictions that come from bites, stings or poisoning. Raphael claims it signifies "all secret and virulent diseases" and it has often been ascribed to illnesses of an hidden, occult or unknown origin. Raphael also claims that Scorpio signifies scurvy, a disease caused by a lack of vitimin C, which prevents the healthy absorption of iron from the intestines.
Arian Maverick

Last edited:

autumnleaf

AM, the "Aries stuff" I was referring to is from the threads where you posted all the information about each sign. I was just curious because I related to most of what it was saying relates to Aries, yet I have nothing but Chiron retrograde in Aries. I do have a stellium in H1 and was wondering if it's from there, which is Aries' natural house, that I'm finding my life riddled with Aries related problems.

I've already been there, done that with all the Scorpio reproductive nonsense. With my strong Scorp influence there was no getting away from it. I've recently started having some foot issues. Nothing serious, just something up with where the arch of the foot meets the heel. Almost as if you've been wearing the wrong shoes. (had to edit this in---foot probs related to Pisces Moon).

I just find this kind of information fascinating. I got hooked on astrology long ago because of how accurately it describes peoples personalitites. Anymore my fascination and use of it is turning purely medical, and I find it fascinating how it can be applied to healing and point out possible problematic areas.

Linda Goodman once wrote about a "color diet". I found it difficult to stick with it long enough to get results, but I'm interested to see how signs, planets and foods are related to health and illness. Something along the lines of fast food is ruled by Uranus--sudden overdose of cholesterol = sudden heart attack! LOL

Heart of a Scorpio

i dont agree with this a 100% just yet. I think for the most part its rather accurate. But i believe it still needs to be further researched. This is a good start though in my opinion.

WHat sort of sexual problems do they speak of? E.D.?

Arian Maverick

i dont agree with this a 100% just yet. I think for the most part its rather accurate. But i believe it still needs to be further researched. This is a good start though in my opinion.

Oh, I agree; I believe this study only used Sun Signs. Unfortunately, many people don't take astrological research seriously, so it is difficult to come by.

What sort of sexual problems do they speak of? E.D.?

They were hardly specific at all, unfortunately :(

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Wow, thanks, Liquid Green! :cool:

I'm not certain of the exact degree of my Ascendant, but now I fervently hope it's not Pisces 28; I don't want Tuberculosis! :eek:

I'm not sure precisely which toe nails the descriptions for Pisces 29 and Pisces 30 are referring to, though...

I just looked up the degree for my Sun, but I'm not sure if you round up like the Sabian symbols; I assume that you do because the list begins at 1 Aries. If planets are not quite at 1 Aries but still in the sign of Aries, it wouldn't make sense to use the degree for 30 Pisces.

I'm going to keep with my rounding system because the description for 15 Aries is downright scary. I'll take "Pons Vareil" over "Lateral Lobes, Stroke, Suicide" any day!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:
what is pons vareil?...........cant be too important, cos i dont think i have ever heard it in my entire life.....LOL........but i am no doctor, nor know everything!

I would like to know what medical astrolgers think of this site......no doubt there is some methodology in using the site..............something deeper than just looking at our planets and thinking we will get a problem with each degree on the site.................you'd hope so anyway;)

cjc

Mav,

For a living, I write the medical articles you read in journals...

There is one non-breakable rule: EVERY CLAIM must be referenced to a legitimate and credible source before statements such as those claimed in the article you posted are published.

I didn't see one reference there... I know there are astrological studies in the medical literature, and even Jung, which I respect.

Can you get that guy to back up any of his statements?

It's one thing to say that Su sq Sa is a nasty aspect or transit, but when someone claims quantification such as this... it needs backup. I think most of us with Su sq Sa could really build support for the belief.

I wish astrologers would follow the guidelines we have in medicine: proven beyond the possibility of chance and reproducible. Jung did this in "Synchronicity," and I believe Guaghelin (sp?) did it in his research. If our practice is going to gain credibility, we must PROVE it, not listen to someone who sits behind a keyboard and just spits out vague memories, assumptions, and recollections.

I've been in astro for more than 30 years, and I have made many, many accurate analyses and predictions. But I would never expect anyone to take my word for the end results. Maybe ask my x... she was there wnen i bumped into a woman I told would have an accident (4 Ma/Ur squares in transits and progressed). The woman had spent months in the hospital after a car wreck. ..... I could tell you this, but it's just my word... My x (who really has no great love for me) could back me up (if she remembers) and give a lot of credibility to the statement.

I like this site, and I've enjoyed it here. Maybe we could use it to bolster our credibility? A database dedicated to delineations or predictions >with charts< and their ultimate outcome? Verified by a witness if possible. There are enough practitioners here that a database with the entries we could garner would really lower the P value (possibility of chance). If enough members contribute, I think we could meet a sampling size that would be significant.

It would be a monumental task, but, I think, well worth the effort.

Just a thought or two...

c

Last edited:

Heart of a Scorpio

Arian Maverick said:
Oh, I agree; I believe this study only used Sun Signs. Unfortunately, many people don't take astrological research seriously, so it is difficult to come by.

They were hardly specific at all, unfortunately :(

Arian Maverick

well there is no doubt that some of this is leading somewhere. as i said i'm sure its a great start of some great research.

but ****, i wanna know what sexual problems! :(

Arian Maverick said:
Wow, thanks, Liquid Green! :cool:

I'm not certain of the exact degree of my Ascendant, but now I fervently hope it's not Pisces 28; I don't want Tuberculosis! :eek:

I'm not sure precisely which toe nails the descriptions for Pisces 29 and Pisces 30 are referring to, though...

I just looked up the degree for my Sun, but I'm not sure if you round up like the Sabian symbols; I assume that you do because the list begins at 1 Aries. If planets are not quite at 1 Aries but still in the sign of Aries, it wouldn't make sense to use the degree for 30 Pisces.

I'm going to keep with my rounding system because the description for 15 Aries is downright scary. I'll take "Pons Vareil" over "Lateral Lobes, Stroke, Suicide" any day!

Arian Maverick

that pons is wrong hey!
its pons varoli............and its part of the hind brain...........you need all of it mav..........in good working order.......otherwise where else is all this great research gonna come from? toe nails are the go, make sure you chop em straight!

cjc

After my previous post, I went to PubMed (THE official website to find medical journal articles. US government sponsored. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/ ) and found the following article:

Br J Sports Med. 2000 Dec;34(6):465-6
World cup soccer players tend to be born with sun and moon in adjacent zodiacal signs.

Verhulst J.
Louis Bolk Institute, Driebergen, The Netherlands. Jozef.Verhulst@ping.be

The ecliptic elongation of the moon with respect to the sun does not show uniform distribution on the birth dates of the 704 soccer players selected for the 1998 World Cup. However, a uniform distribution is expected on astronomical grounds. The World Cup players show a very pronounced tendency (p = 0.00001) to be born on days when the sun and moon are in adjacent zodiacal signs.
PMID: 11131239 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Now, this is what I'd like to see more of... Not just sunsign ****, as too many of these articles do. I haven't pulled down the article yet, but it's free. Click on link above and insert 11131239 into the search bar to retrieve the abstract above. There is also a link for a free copy of the entire article which you can follow. (You can enter any search term... say "astrology"... in that bar to get all articles that mention astrology)

By the way, the P=0.000001 means there is at most a 1 in 1000 chance that this could only be a coincidence.

I'm going to look for more.

Ciao,

c

Arian Maverick

This is an awesome finding, cjc!

I happen to be a bit of the scientific bent myself, but I had nearly given up on the idea that astrology could be proven through scientific means; therefore, I have tended to hang my logical/scientific hat at the proverbial door whenever exploring the realms of astrology, although I see now that this has been a mistake.

I will definitely explore the site you have provided.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I was not able to visit the link to the Br J Sports Med. article, nor was I able to read anything more than an abstract when I conducted a search for astrology on the main site. Does it require a paid subscription in order to access these articles?

that pons is wrong hey!
its pons varoli............and its part of the hind brain...........you need all of it mav..........in good working order.......otherwise where else is all this great research gonna come from? toe nails are the go, make sure you chop em straight!

I noticed the incorrect spelling as well with a quick Google search, and unfortunately, little things like that make me begin to doubt the accuracy of this information. It's still worth exploring, though.

Arian Maverick

P.S. Your post made me giggle, especially make sure you chop em straight! :38:

Last edited:

cjc

Mav...

EDIT: Unfortunately, I was not able to visit the link to the Br J Sports Med. article, nor was I able to read anything more than an abstract when I conducted a search for
astrology on the main site. Does it require a paid subscription in order to access these articles?

This is no paysite. I got right through to the Br J Sports Med. Granted, they make you sign up, but it doesn't cost anything, and I respect the BMJ publications. I pulled down the article. Hit me with a PM with where I can send it. I don't think copyright would allow me to post it here.

c