Nothing happened. Rahu Failed.

Gemini888

I was expecting material gain.
AFAIK Rahu in 2nd House give unexpected material gains. May be I'm wrong.
You don't expect material gain from the Nodes. The Nodes are for spiritual awakening.

Also, transit SN conj natal NN sends you to your old habit that needs to be overcome.

Scorpio90

So what exactly do you mean "nothing happened"? Nothing interesting happened or your life keeps spiralling?

Interesting .. although I do not think I have awakened spiritually yet, I am in the process .. can you be more specific with nodes and this theme of spiritual awakening?

Gemini888

Interesting .. although I do not think I have awakened spiritually yet, I am in the process .. can you be more specific with nodes and this theme of spiritual awakening?
So basically the SN is like your comfort zone. You're so good at the domains of your SN that it holds you back from growing. The NN is where you are supposed to grow into. Some people would say SN and NN are karmic debts that you have to pay in this lifetime, but I'm not sure I believe that. To me SN/NN are more about your higher self, or the "superego" as they say it in psychology. And you don't hear a lot of talk about material gain in self improvement.

wan

When I first read your thread title, I thought you were referring to the poster rahu on this board.

Osamenor

Staff member
You may only see the effects of your node return in hindsight. I know I did. But, I didn't start paying much attention to astrology until after my second node return, and I haven't had my third one yet.

It was several years past my second node return, after a couple years of astrology learning, that I realized there was a common theme between the times of my first and second node returns, and it fit the Scorpio/eleventh house placement of my NN very well. But both times, the node-related theme was a minor one. It wasn't a glaringly obvious event, at least not that I would've noticed as glaringly obvious at the time. (The first time around, I had an adventure a couple months after the exact return, and that's what I think of when I think of that Scorpio theme, but the return itself didn't ring any bells for me.)

Osamenor

Staff member
1st Return wasn't a good experience. Made my life upside down. I started to loose my luck and still same. No improve...

In what ways did your life turn upside down?

I wouldn't necessarily expect another upset at this node return, but something with a similar underlying theme is likely to be up. I believe you have your node in Cancer, second house? Without knowing exactly what happened for you, I'll give some possible examples: maybe there were some major family issues happening for you at the first node return (Cancer = family) and this time, the theme is about your home, or food, or buying and selling real estate, or patriotism (also Cancer themes). Or maybe family is up again in a different way.

Somna7H

Banned
In what ways did your life turn upside down?

I wouldn't necessarily expect another upset at this node return, but something with a similar underlying theme is likely to be up. I believe you have your node in Cancer, second house? Without knowing exactly what happened for you, I'll give some possible examples: maybe there were some major family issues happening for you at the first node return (Cancer = family) and this time, the theme is about your home, or food, or buying and selling real estate, or patriotism (also Cancer themes). Or maybe family is up again in a different way.

1st Return.
I was separated from my family for more than 3 month and it's was the one only time so far. I never stay away from my family. My family shifted to new house. I joint then after those period. Since then I lost my luck. My education deteriorate and I failed to complete my education(the way I started at beginning of life I should have gone way more). And due to that my career also effected now. I still struggling in life from most aspect of life. I only have good health. have no success from material world point of view. I have not married yet due to my poor economy. My mother never like me because I don't earn enough and failed to give her enough money.

Osamenor

Staff member
Obviously, family issues are a key theme of your life. With so many placements in Cancer, that's no surprise.

It sounds, though, like your family's expectations--particularly your mother's--are holding you back. When your lower left quadrant is so busy, as yours is (so many second house placements), doing for yourself, taking care of yourself, building your own security and self worth, becomes a life theme.

What I'm hearing in your posts, again and again, is that you don't seem to believe you're in control of your own life. But your chart says you need to be. If you're just waiting around for your luck to change, without doing anything to help your luck change, it won't change. Dominant eastern hemisphere, in particular, is an "I make my own luck" chart.

It's on you to take some steps, even if small ones, to make your own luck. So, what steps can you take?

Somna7H

Banned
I'm planning to move away from my mom and staying alone from this January to March. I will stay at rented house but my current savings not much to acquire rented house. I want to learn new job skills at that time. My mom and me always have verbal fight ever since she knew my planning. But I don't want to hold back this time.

Osamenor

Staff member
I'm planning to move away from my mom and staying alone from this January to March. I will stay at rented house but my current savings not much to acquire rented house. I want to learn new job skills at that time. My mom and me always have verbal fight ever since she knew my planning. But I don't want to hold back this time.

There you are: your node return theme! Moving, at least for a while, separating from family. Good for you not letting your mom hold you back. Keep that up!

The node return theme doesn't necessarily turn up full blown at the exact pass of the node return. It can start a few months before or after. In my own experience, the first hint of the node return theme was what turned up at the actual node return. It sounds like the same is happening in your case. I would consider the theme to have come into play whenever it was that you started seriously planning to rent this house and stay by yourself. Maybe when the opportunity first showed up. That's also a second house theme, in that you have to carefully consider your resources, and you're apparently doing this from your own resources, however small they are.

I would say this rental house is your material gain. And a use of your money, which is also a second house theme. That doesn't necessarily mean you won't also make some money, but if you do, I would expect it to come from your own efforts, not handed to you out of the blue, which is what it sounds like you were expecting. Maybe your time on your own will give you a chance to take a new direction in your career, or find a new way of making money. Even if you don't see it manifest by the end of your rental stay, you'll probably have a better sense of what you can do going forward.

Somna7H

Banned
That make sense to me now.
I feeling more confident after your explanation. I will try hard to find good rented house and better rate. So I can use my limited resources very carefully.
Thank you very much!

Osamenor

Staff member
That make sense to me now.
I feeling more confident after your explanation. I will try hard to find good rented house and better rate. So I can use my limited resources very carefully.
Thank you very much!

So you haven't already made the arrangements to rent the house? The way you phrased it, I thought you'd already found one.

Are you renting a place that would otherwise be empty? Or are you going to sublet, from someone who's going to be away for those months? The second scenario might be a better deal, money wise.

But yes, getting the most out of what resources you have is a second house thing. Your node transit in action.

Somna7H

Banned
It will be just empty small room. May be there may not be even an attached toilet too. I have decided the time Jan 2020. Not before or after. It's only because of my limited resources again.

Ekonomist13

If we're gonna talk vedic astrology, then you got it all mixed up.

Rahu is your blind spot, your weak spot - your unfulfilled desires which take up a lot of your energy. It would appear that you require perfection without realizing what you already have is more than some other people have, and I don't mean people-dying-from-hunger other.

At the same time, vedic astrology, well Jyotish specifically, finds the antidote in the house opposing your 2nd house, as that's where Ketu is placed. Being in your 8th house, it might imply you should focus your energy on sex, marriage and transformation instead.

Or maybe your family owns a mortuary business, but that's kinda stretched - but you never know with 8th house - major death house.

Also, I can't seem to open your natal chart. It doesn't show up to me, so I'm missing a lot to go deep. Which planets are in which houses? Materialistic issues can be solved as long as everything else works. Education as in certificate is not as important as knowledge, which you can acquire online (you obviously have internet connection) for free on some Massive Online Open courses like edX.

Last edited: