Saturn in houses

IleneK

Premium Member
If you have saturn in a house do you dislike people or what that house represents?

If Saturn is in a house, you are may be uncomfortable or have difficulty enacting that part of your life that the house symbolizes. So if it were in the 11th, you wouldn't necessarily dislike your friends, but might have problems making friends. But also Saturn is about structure, persistence, so you might have to work hard for and in your friendships.

Blaze

Account Closed
9th house nocturnal, domicile Saturn here. Doubt in any religious or spiritual practices that came my way helped me wade through them and find the peace I longed for.

That doubtful nature of Saturn helped me to get here. Like the saying goes: "Little doubt, little enlightenment. Big doubt, big enlightenment." I do not remember who was quoted saying that.

As IleneK has said though, there was a very uncomfortable feeling around anything religious for me. University as well. That was a minor discomfort. Shifted to a major one later on.

It's never effected travel in any negative way.

socrates

It could just as much asked of you that you would be more disciplined and focused in addressing the issues. And so Saturn told you what to do to fix it, but you chose not to do it, and thus ended in divorce.

The cause of the divorce was not Saturn, but your unwillingness to follow the directives of Saturn to fix it at the last possible chance.

Saturn often gets a bad rap because Saturn tells you the hard stuff that you have to do to solve problems.

In a night chart its impossible to surmount saturns troubles

IleneK

Premium Member
Saturn in the 12th where it joys, and also clustered with a number of other planets, so hard to isolate. I didn't really wake up to the possibility of unconscious and collective 12th house influences or the need for solitude until I was quite older, in my forties. I suppose around my second Saturn opposition. And when I finally was forced [Saturn :) ] into it, I found that it was an integral part of my life that I was longing for and that opened up more access to richness and meaning of that house.

socrates

It could just as much asked of you that you would be more disciplined and focused in addressing the issues. And so Saturn told you what to do to fix it, but you chose not to do it, and thus ended in divorce.

The cause of the divorce was not Saturn, but your unwillingness to follow the directives of Saturn to fix it at the last possible chance.

Saturn often gets a bad rap because Saturn tells you the hard stuff that you have to do to solve problems.

In a night chart its impossible to surmount saturns troubles

socrates

I am not sure what you mean by day chart. If it is time of birth, I was born at 5 AM so before sunrise.

Night chart then. Saturn is the malefic of the chart. I know a woman with Sat in aquarius in 7th by day and shes a spinster .She never wanted to marry

socrates

Saturn in the 12th where it joys, and also clustered with a number of other planets, so hard to isolate. I didn't really wake up to the possibility of unconscious and collective 12th house influences or the need for solitude until I was quite older, in my forties. I suppose around my second Saturn opposition. And when I finally was forced [Saturn :) ] into it, I found that it was an integral part of my life that I was longing for and that opened up more access to richness and meaning of that house.

Saturn in 9th. I enrolled for ujiversity in my first return but now that Im in the 2nd I dont feel like finishing my studies. My solitary side makes it hard to be in the Academia

IleneK

Premium Member
Saturn in 9th. I enrolled for ujiversity in my first return but now that Im in the 2nd I dont feel like finishing my studies. My solitary side makes it hard to be in the Academia
Academia is a pretty strange place, anyway, and what they often ask of a person is almost unnatural, in my opinion [with my Sun and NN in the 9th, but NN is squared by Saturn].
If you are not feeling like being there right now, it is good that you are not. Saturn in the 9th points to coming into academics successfully later in life anyway.
I am wishing you the best,

Osamenor

Staff member
I am not sure what you mean by day chart. If it is time of birth, I was born at 5 AM so before sunrise.

You have a day chart if the sun was above the horizon when you were born. You have a night chart if it was below the horizon.

Whether being born at 5 am gives you a day chart or a night chart depends on what time of year you were born, and where. If you were born in the summer at a high latitude, the sun would already be above the horizon at 5 am.

If your sun is somewhere in houses 1-6, you have a night chart. If it's somewhere in houses 7-12, you have a day chart. (There may be an exception to that rule if you're using whole sign houses and your sun is in the first or the seventh. In that case, you have to check to see which side of the ascendant or descendant it's on to know whether it's a day or night chart.)

Osamenor

Staff member

Whoa... you don't know what was behind hemag's divorce. For all you know, it could be that their spouse was abusive or an addict or a serial cheater, something like that. In that case, leaving the marriage is what Saturn would have you do to fix it.

Or maybe it was the spouse who initiated the divorce. Maybe hemag did their part and their spouse still chose to leave. We can't control our partners' choices.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Day chart?

SATURN IS OF THE DIURNAL SECT aka DAY SECT :smile:

TABLE

tab-4-sects.jpg

Dxxg0VzUcAQTht7.jpg

Apotelesmatika

1. Powers

SATURN is cooling and moderately drying

2. Qualities

SATURN and Mars are maleficent

17. Depressions

Aries is heating depression of SATURN
CAPRICORN is southern depression of Jupiter

27. Qualities

Saturn predominating indicates destruction by cold, with long illnesses, consumptions, withering, disturbances caused by fluids, rheumatisms, quartan fevers, falling, exile, poverty, imprisonment, mourning, fears, and deaths, especially among those advanced in age, scarcity and destruction of useful animals by disease, fearful cold, freezing, misty and pestilential corruption of air, clouds, gloom, multitude of destructive snowstorms, abundance of harmful reptiles, storms, the wreck of fleets, disastrous voyages, scarcity and death of fish, high and ebb tides of the seas, the excessive floods of rivers and pollution of their waters, want, scarcity and loss of crops, especially of those grown for necessary uses, through worms or locusts or floods or cloud-burst or hail, and the like
HOW SATURN IS AFFECTED BY SECT IN ASTROLOGY :smile:

BRIEF overview of the concept of sect in astrology
which is
the difference between day charts
and night charts.

Sect is a fundamental concept used in Hellenistic astrology
only been recovered over the past THIRTY years
through translations of ancient texts.
this talk gives a broad introduction to sect
first by establishing
how pervasive the concept is in ancient astrology
and then
to demonstrate how it works in practice through chart examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XfPLTQuB9M

In a diurnal chart
the Sun is the sect light AKA the leader of the sect
Jupiter and Saturn are planets of the Dirunal Sect.

If Saturn is above the horizon Diurnally - Saturn is happy :smile:

BUT
If below the horizon in the diurnal chart
Saturn is still of the diurnal sect
— still of the sect in favour
— but is not going to be as happy
as when Saturn is above horizon in diurnal chart

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part II - Seven Stars

Saturn completes 2 sidereal cycles and 57 synodic cycles with 59 years.
It has retreating arcs of 7 degrees for 140 days.
Saturn is cooling and moderately drying, malefic, masculine and diurnal. Phainon makes those born under him dark-skinned, robust, black-haired, curly-haired, hairy-chested, and with eyes of moderate size, middling stature, having excess of cold and moist when morning rising, and dark, slender, small, straight-haired, with little bodily hair, rather graceful, black-eyed, having excess of cold and dry when evening rising, and in general, annoying, concealing, avaricious, ignorant, consistent, reserved, petty, malicious, having many anxieties, throwing themselves down, fond of solitude, deceitful, downcast, hypocritical, squalid, clothed in black, deviant, importunate, sullen and miserable. Saturn controls depressions and sluggishness, obstacles in business, interminable lawsuits, subversion of action, secrets, restraints, imprisonment, grief, accusations, tears, being orphaned, captivity, haunting, farmers, gardeners, workers of property, managers, seafaring and waterside trades, tax collectors, the elders, violent action, guardianship, great reputation, notable ranks, lands, administration of that which belongs to others, fathership of the children of others, bachelors, widows, childlessness, violent deaths by water, strangulation, dysentery, falling on the face, injuries and lower respiratory infections, the skeletal system, the lymphatic system and the immune system, building materials like wood and stone, lead, dark colours and astringent tastes. It chronocrator over late old age up to death.
Traditional astrology has a heavy emphasis on sect
as defining the overall strength and weakness of the planets.
Charts are either diurnal or nocturnal
depending on whether the sun is above or below the horizon.
The different planets are either diurnal or nocturnal also
and the quality of their function
is greatly influenced by
their agreeing or disagreeing with the sect of the chart.
The form of traditional astrology I practice uses whole sign houses
which go back to the Hellenistic era and were used for over a millennium.

In whole sign houses all of the sign the Ascendant is in is the first house,
all of the next sign is the second, so sign and house boundaries coincide.
Whole sign aspects, seeing and aversion.
In traditional astrology, a planet anywhere in Cancer is trine a planet anywhere in Pisces
regardless of how close they are by degree.
(Traditional astrology also uses degree-based aspects, but for different purpose.)
Traditional astrology uses only what are called the Ptolemaic aspects
– sextile, square, trine, and opposition.
(Conjunctions are also used, but strictly speaking they are not aspects.)
A planet that aspects another planet can ‘...see...’ that planet.
Any planets that do not have one of these aspects
are considered to be in aversion
meaning they can’t see each other
so there is a lack of awareness between them.
There are multiple levels of rulers used
– Lord or Ruler, Exaltation, Trigon or Triplicity
Bound or Term, and Face,
and all but face seem to have been widely used.

There is much heavier emphasis on the Lord of the Ascendant
than on the sun.

Traditional astrology is mainly framed around answering specific questions
about specific areas of life.

Traditional astrology uses only traditional rulerships.
Mars rules Scorpio, Jupiter rules Pisces, Saturn rules Aquarius.

Also, to traditional astrology, rulership does not mean affinity
it means that the planet is in charge of the affairs of that sign.
So
if you have a seventh house Taurus
the location and condition of Venus
are going to largely determine the nature and quality of your relationships.
Traditional astrology is rooted in a world view that is much more deterministic or fate-based.

In traditional astrology you are not so much looking to ‘...transcend...’ your chart
as to understand
or divine
(divin-ation, learning the will of the divine)
your place in the overall order.
I think of it as aligning yourself with the order of the universe
and
how you happen to fit in it.....

....Traditional astrology places a heavy emphasis
on evaluating the condition of planets
sometimes fortunate and sometimes very unfortunate.

Also, some planets are naturally helpful or benefic
for example Traditionally

Jupiter aka The Greater Benefic is "...naturally helpful..."

some are naturally disruptive or malefic.
for example

Traditionally
SATURN aka The Greater Malefic is "...naturally unhelpful..." "...naturally disruptive..."

In traditional astrology all charts are not created equal
and not all planets are equally effective
some people are, if you will, fated for success, or good marriages or wealth
and some are fated to have rough lives in different ways.
So traditional astrology is much more focused towards a realistic evaluation of a chart
and how it works out in your life.
Traditional astrology does not ignore
or
gloss over
difficult or negative aspects of the chart.
....I have found that learning traditional astrology
has forced me to really think through
and come to terms with what I think is going on
when I read a chart for someone.

—–

In traditional astrology a planet in the 10th has nothing to do with capricorn
and a planet in Taurus has nothing to do with money.

.... signs in traditional astrology are used mostly as environments
within which the various planets can function
sometimes effectively, sometimes ineffectively.

The most important facts about the sign are
where is the ruler of that sign
and what shape is it in
and what planets are in that sign
and what shape are they in.

No Sign is intrinsically strong or weak.
It is made so by the planets in it

or

the lack thereof,
and

by its position amidst the house cusps.

Just for example

as the mutable water sign
we might see Pisces as "...weak..."
but if

someone has Pisces in the 10th house

with the MC, sun and Jupiter - domiciled there

with Jupiter trining the - domiciled moon in Cancer,

Pisces has strength in this situation.
Much more so than the sun intercepted in Scorpio - fixed water

in 12th house.
You get the picture.

There is no such thing as a weak sign.

There are weak placements

but no weak signs.

Signs are neutral.

They have descriptions, sure, like human, mute, violent, bestial,

fertile, barren, crooked, long ascending, and on and on,

but at the end of the day
THE SIGNS ARE NEUTRAL.

IT'S THE PLANETS

both in and that rule them
THAT BRING SIGNS TO LIFE

TROPICAL Astrological SIGNS are distinct from the CONSTELLATIONS

with which over centuries, they were conflated :smile:
Originally, SIGN meant simply "...a Sign of the SEASON..."
because
SIGNS were basically a Calender of the Seasons
which followed the Seasonal Path of the Sun on the Ecliptic

source material

HISTORY OF THE ZODIAC

an in-depth exploration of the origins of the Babylonian Zodiac

and its location in the ecliptic
reveals that
the division of the ecliptic into tropical astrological signs
was originally a derivation of Euctemon's tropical Calendar of Seasons
(432 B.C.)

"...dividing the solar year into twelve equal months commencing with the vernal equinox,
in which each solar (tropical) month is named after one of each of the twelve signs..."Dr. Robert Powell

If you have saturn in a house do you dislike people or what that house represents?

It is possible, but the answer that's most accurate for you personally is so much more complex and individual than can be addressed the way the question is phrased. As far as house placement goes, I would say no, generally, Saturn in a house does not mean an automatic dislike for things that house rules. I personally am fascinated by many things relating to the house my natal Saturn is in. OTOH I have Saturn trine my ascendant and Sun and the North Node co-present in the same sign and house, which are all supportive. Saturn is also my chart ruler as a Capricorn rising. So it would depend heavily on your individual natal chart. Aspects to your Saturn are also very important to consider. On that note, when considering how your Saturn placement relates to other people (i.e. synastry from an astrological viewpoint), it is a possibility that an aspect between your Saturn and someone else's natal planet(s) could result in negative feelings but it could also mean that you could help that person to utilize the positive qualities of Saturn, such as being more responsible, mature, taking things seriously, learning important life lessons etc. It could mean a number of other things as well, but speaking very broadly here it would indicate having a Saturnine influence on the other person or people. This could be extremely positive for both of you, such as, to give one example, in a mentor-mentee or teacher-student relationship. We can all learn from one another as human beings. Saturn's placement can often show us how and in what areas.

CapAquaPis

3rd Saturn people are blessed in some attributes to help them get through in life from their artistic, poetic and vocal artistic abilities to an ability to serve as an ambassador. I have these traits of a good communicator, but the problem is a Saturn conjunct Lilith along with Jupiter and Mars, and is opposite Mercury on its fall (13' Pisces). And I have a form of autism and the natal chart proved I was born with and live with a neurodivergent identity plus mild anxiety disorder and depression, it's not totally nor completely beneficial to have this stellium.

From what I read about the positive, beneficial and talented sides of my natal Saturn:
*Saturn in 3rd house in Astrology makes the native very creative, gives a heavy voice (good for radio), love for long writing, which is perfect for a novelist and scriptwriter, and usually makes the native travel for business.*

Saturn in 3rd house retrograde, however, I had problems associated with that placement:
*When Saturn is retrograde, there may be a lot many issues in their expression and communication. Also, the natives may find it tough to make the right choices between options at some important crossroads of life. They may see things in black and white.*

and last, Saturn in 3rd in Virgo:
*Saturn in the 3rd house in Virgo is a placement that may foster a use of language that is very particular and socially withdrawn. It may intensify when the person has a natal sun in Virgo or have a sun Saturn conjunction in this sign and house combination. And may dim in magnitude if they have a Saturn in retrograde.*

and Last, Retrograde Saturn in 3rd House in Virgo:
*When retrograde Saturn is placed in the third house of a horoscope in Virgo, Cancer rises in the ascendant. Saturn rules the seventh and eighth house. In general, it is partly benefic and partly malefic here, though the malefic part is higher, in most cases.*

jac

SATURN IS OF THE DIURNAL SECT aka DAY SECT :smile:

TABLE

tab-4-sects.jpg

Dxxg0VzUcAQTht7.jpg

HOW SATURN IS AFFECTED BY SECT IN ASTROLOGY :smile:

BRIEF overview of the concept of sect in astrology
which is
the difference between day charts
and night charts.

Sect is a fundamental concept used in Hellenistic astrology
only been recovered over the past THIRTY years
through translations of ancient texts.
this talk gives a broad introduction to sect
first by establishing
how pervasive the concept is in ancient astrology
and then
to demonstrate how it works in practice through chart examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XfPLTQuB9M

In a diurnal chart
the Sun is the sect light AKA the leader of the sect
Jupiter and Saturn are planets of the Dirunal Sect.

If Saturn is above the horizon Diurnally - Saturn is happy :smile:

BUT
If below the horizon in the diurnal chart
Saturn is still of the diurnal sect
— still of the sect in favour
— but is not going to be as happy
as when Saturn is above horizon in diurnal chart

for example Traditionally

Jupiter aka The Greater Benefic is "...naturally helpful..."

for example

Traditionally
SATURN aka The Greater Malefic is "...naturally unhelpful..." "...naturally disruptive..."

It must be a miracle I got this old.
Could it be the painfully acquired self-discipline?

Seems to me that at least bits that ugly laundry list most of the population must suffer, sign placement notwithstanding -though it'd most certainly guarantee hardship.

Sadalsuud and my trines MUST have saved me, because I'm unscathed by most of this. I should be hideous, untalented, crude, disease-ridden, and reek of halitosis!

Attachments

• Anon.jpg
    Anon.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 44

JUPITERASC

It must be a miracle I got this old.
Could it be the painfully acquired self-discipline?

Seems to me that at least bits that ugly laundry list most of the population must suffer, sign placement notwithstanding -though it'd most certainly guarantee hardship.

Sadalsuud and my trines MUST have saved me, because I'm unscathed by most of this. I should be hideous, untalented, crude, disease-ridden, and reek of halitosis!
SATURN is one of SEVEN CLASSICAL PLANETS

obviously there's no "...one size fits all..." for any planet
THE TOTALITY OF THE CHART requires study :smile: