Saturn vs sun in aquarius

socrates

Saturn in aquarius is said to respect authority,but sun there is quite the opposite as I often verified having met many.
So I assume a guy with many aquarius planets but not the sun would be very different than the average aquarius rebel? More like a scientist I guess?

JUPITERASC

Saturn in aquarius is said to respect authority,
but sun there is quite the opposite as I often verified having met many.
So I assume a guy with many aquarius planets
but not the sun would be very different
than the average aquarius rebel?
More like a scientist I guess?
guessing is fun but notoriously unreliable :smile:

- scientists are not all "...aquarius planets..."
generalisation/making assumptions is not astrological delineation

post the chart

waybread

socrates, correct me if I'm wrong but you post as though you have a beginner level knowledge of modern astrology, and are making these forays into traditional astrology on this forum vs. really getting your feet wet. Skyscript is a great site on traditional astrology, and there are some good (gasp, shock) actual books on traditional astrology, as well. I Recommend Avelar and Ribiero, On The Heavenly Spheres.

Re: your OP.

Saturn is traditionally domiciled in Aquarius, as well as in Capricorn. Meaning that Saturn rules these signs and is extra strong in them. The sun is domiciled in Leo, so it is in detriment in its opposite sign of Aquarius. No planets are exalted in Aquarius.

Aquarius is the fixed air sign. Start with that.

Are you familiar with essential dignities and debilities in traditional astrology? See this table: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html A given planet may have some strength in Aquarius dependinging upon whether it was a day or a night birth (triplicity) or whether it is in its own terms or face (decans.)

The delineation of sun Aquarians as rebels and scientists is modern.

socrates

socrates, correct me if I'm wrong but you post as though you have a beginner level knowledge of modern astrology, and are making these forays into traditional astrology on this forum vs. really getting your feet wet. Skyscript is a great site on traditional astrology, and there are some good (gasp, shock) actual books on traditional astrology, as well. I Recommend Avelar and Ribiero, On The Heavenly Spheres.

Re: your OP.

Saturn is traditionally domiciled in Aquarius, as well as in Capricorn. Meaning that Saturn rules these signs and is extra strong in them. The sun is domiciled in Leo, so it is in detriment in its opposite sign of Aquarius. No planets are exalted in Aquarius.

Aquarius is the fixed air sign. Start with that.

Are you familiar with essential dignities and debilities in traditional astrology? See this table: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html A given planet may have some strength in Aquarius dependinging upon whether it was a day or a night birth (triplicity) or whether it is in its own terms or face (decans.)

The delineation of sun Aquarians as rebels and scientists is modern.

I got that book.
The rebel side is related to detriment not modern stuff.
My point is that saturn and sun in aquarius are completely at odds. Which make me wonder if someone with Saturn mercury and jupiter in aquarius like me identifies with usual description of aquarius sun. I certainly don't my sun is in capricorn

waybread

I got that book.
The rebel side is related to detriment not modern stuff.
My point is that saturn and sun in aquarius are completely at odds. Which make me wonder if someone with Saturn mercury and jupiter in aquarius like me identifies with usual description of aquarius sun. I certainly don't my sun is in capricorn

Can you cite your source on Aquarius as the rebel in traditional astrology?

From Skyscript: "The modern association between Aquarius and Uranus has given this sign an exaggerated reputation for being rebellious, anti-social, perverse, eccentric and emotionally unstable."
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/aquarius.html

I think it's best to start with the basics. Aquarius is an air sign, meaning its expression is primarily mental, the world of ideas. As a fixed sign, once an Aquarian makes up her mind about something, s/he would need some pretty good evidence to want to change it.

It's one thing for planets to be at opposite sides of the zodiac. It's another thing to see how they can operate collaboratively in practice. A healthy Saturn understands worthy values like self discipline and deferred gratification. These are good correctives to an unrestrained sun.

I am not clear why Aquarian Saturn, Mercury, or Jupiter would identify with an Aquarian sun because each planet has its own distinct areas of rulership and expression.

socrates

Can you cite your source on Aquarius as the rebel in traditional astrology?

From Skyscript: "The modern association between Aquarius and Uranus has given this sign an exaggerated reputation for being rebellious, anti-social, perverse, eccentric and emotionally unstable."
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/aquarius.html

I think it's best to start with the basics. Aquarius is an air sign, meaning its expression is primarily mental, the world of ideas. As a fixed sign, once an Aquarian makes up her mind about something, s/he would need some pretty good evidence to want to change it.

It's one thing for planets to be at opposite sides of the zodiac. It's another thing to see how they can operate collaboratively in practice. A healthy Saturn understands worthy values like self discipline and deferred gratification. These are good correctives to an unrestrained sun.

I am not clear why Aquarian Saturn, Mercury, or Jupiter would identify with an Aquarian sun because each planet has its own distinct areas of rulership and expression.

I reat it at astrology x files
What I mean is that I only notice the rebellious side in aquarius sun. Think Johnny Rotten of the sex pistols

Last edited:

waybread

I reat it at astrology x files
What I mean is that I only notice the rebellious side in aquarius sun. Think Johnny Rotten of the sex pistols

I'd rather not. I wonder how many outrageous rock stars have Aquarian suns. One example does not a definitive statement make.

Surely on a traditional board you're not stuck on sun signs.

I'm not impressed by this Aquarius delineation. https://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aquarius-sun.html . All kinds of famous people are or were Aquarian suns.

My sun, Mercury and Venus are in Aquarius.

Last edited:

socrates

I'd rather not. I wonder how many outrageous rock stars have Aquarian suns. One example does not a definitive statement make.

Surely on a traditional board you're not stuck on sun signs.

I'm not impressed by this Aquarius delineation. https://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aquarius-sun.html . All kinds of famous people are or were Aquarian suns.

My sun, Mercury and Venus are in Aquarius.

He insulted the Queen which was taboo at the time. He even was attacked in the street.
I think the sun is stronger than traditional like to think

waybread

He insulted the Queen which was taboo at the time. He even was attacked in the street.
I think the sun is stronger than traditional like to think

Of course, you can find colossal jerks with any sun sign. Again, a sample of one isn't much of a sample.

Do you want to post his chart? You will find much more than an Aquarian sun, believe me.

With my sun, Mercury, and Venus in Aquarius, I don't do stuff like that.

Duh-uh.

wilsontc

Staff member
All,

This is a Traditional only thread about the sign Aquarius. I have deleted off-topic comments. Please stay on topic and keep all discussions to Traditional astrological methods.

Back on Topic,

Tim