Instant Connections Between People

Flapjacks

Hi there,

I wanted to start a discussion about how/why we have instant connections with others through the lens of relational astrology.

What types of aspects lead to this, or what charts might show where these occur? Is it just a matter of synastry, or is location and timing also important?

What is it that causes these connections to happen in your experience? Not just astrologically, but personally.

It's just so fascinating. For instance, I met someone on another forum - and from their second or third post something about their view of life struck a chord. We started chatting one-on-one, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. Since then, we've formed a deep bond (platonic). How did we "find" each other like that? It was just so easy... like we already knew one another before we ever met. We push each other to keep looking up even through dark times, support one another's experiences, values and creativity, and it was near-instant vulnerability that way... like we had literally no defense against the other and trust was the only option. How is it possible to love someone so quickly? Not romantic or in an idealized way, necessarily, but just... you know, love them for who they are?

This has happened a number of times through life, and each time feels like a mystery I'll never solve. Why that person, at that moment, and why does it work so well?

wilsontc

Staff member
Flapjacks,

Uranus-Venus connections between two charts are known to have the "one night stand" effect. It creates an instant attraction but often it doesn't last.

Guessing,

Tim

JUPITERASC

Hi there,

I wanted to start a discussion about how/why we have instant connections with others through the lens of relational astrology.

What types of aspects lead to this, or what charts might show where these occur? Is it just a matter of synastry, or is location and timing also important?

What is it that causes these connections to happen in your experience? Not just astrologically, but personally.

It's just so fascinating. For instance, I met someone on another forum - and from their second or third post something about their view of life struck a chord. We started chatting one-on-one, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. Since then, we've formed a deep bond (platonic). How did we "find" each other like that? It was just so easy... like we already knew one another before we ever met. We push each other to keep looking up even through dark times, support one another's experiences, values and creativity, and it was near-instant vulnerability that way... like we had literally no defense against the other and trust was the only option. How is it possible to love someone so quickly? Not romantic or in an idealized way, necessarily, but just... you know, love them for who they are?

This has happened a number of times through life, and each time feels like a mystery I'll never solve. Why that person, at that moment, and why does it work so well?
research MERCURY connectons :smile:

MERCURY controls:
speech, reason, messengers, COMMUNITY
as well as multiple other significations including:

hearing, declamation, critical thinking, PHILOSOPHERS, ASTROLOGERS
so study MERCURY

Bibliography:
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London.

Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...blos/home.html
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.
Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt...s%20entire.pdf

katydid

I think exact natal conjunctions between people can create instant bonds/connections.

I had a 'love at first sight' connection with my husband 40 years ago :love:---[took him a bit longer to figure it out, but I knew instantly. ]

He has a very tight water Grand Trine, and each of the planets are exalted. He has Moon in Cancer trine Venus in Pisces trine Mars in Scorpio, all at about 18degrees.

My Mercury is exactly conjunct his Mars @ 18 Scorpio and it conjuncts my Descendant. I felt sparks the moment we first spoke to each other, and were introduced by a mutual friend.

I literally told my friend, about 30 minutes later---I am going to marry that man.
She thought I was kidding but I was serious....:tongue:

Blaze

Account Closed
Instant connections....hmm. Never felt that with anyone, though my Mercury is OOB.

If I had to guess it's like Katydid said - Mercury in good aspect (Conjunction is not an aspect, I know) with some point in the chart. The descendant being activated as well comes to mind. Moon and Venus too.

comdoc

Flapjacks wrote:

"I wanted to start a discussion about how/why we have instant connections with others through the lens of relational astrology.

What is it that causes these connections to happen in your experience? Not just astrologically, but personally."

I believe location (astrocartography) and timing (progressions, transits, solar arc directions) are also important. I've noticed these experiences when there is powerful interpersonal synastry.

Zodiac is Math

I think exact natal conjunctions between people can create instant bonds/connections.

I had a 'love at first sight' connection with my husband 40 years ago :love:---[took him a bit longer to figure it out, but I knew instantly. ]

He has a very tight water Grand Trine, and each of the planets are exalted. He has Moon in Cancer trine Venus in Pisces trine Mars in Scorpio, all at about 18degrees.

My Mercury is exactly conjunct his Mars @ 18 Scorpio and it conjuncts my Descendant. I felt sparks the moment we first spoke to each other, and were introduced by a mutual friend.

I literally told my friend, about 30 minutes later---I am going to marry that man.
She thought I was kidding but I was serious....:tongue:
Hello ...Do you mind showing your synastry chart so I can analyze the instant connection?

wan

Sounds to me like Venus conjunct either the Sun or Moon. Instant feeling of familiarity. Also your Nadirs could be involved, too. Anything touching this sensitive point can really bind two people to each other.

ElenaJ

In a quick contact with someone there really isn't much time to think and ponder and weigh things in, is there?
So a major instant impact could come from the ascendents, and their rulers, in some type of aspect.
We "see" something in the other one that rings a bell with us, reflects some of our energy, and an exchange of glances mirrors the two energies between them.
Afterwards, probably moon, Venus, mercury come into play as we enter that other person's space, exchange words, move about in a way that is pleasing to the other one.
in the same way that we can meet someone who immediately rubs us the wrong way! Harsh contacts repelling.

IleneK

Premium Member
Venus Uranus contacts are instant as mentioned earlier in this thread. And then supporting contacts after that. I have a friend and each of our Uranuses are conjunct the other's Venus. And her Sun closely conjuncts my Moon, and my Sun widely conjuncts her Moon. I am Vi rising an she is Pi rising, so our angles are in opposite signs.
We've only lived in the same town for a few years about 30 years ago. And the intimacy and the innate knowing of one another has continued all these years by telephone.