People with Neptune opposite Midheaven

LeoCassandra

How do you deal with it? Are you working? Do you like your job? I have this aspect in my natal chart. Im 21 years old and im still confused about my career, calling:/ I dont know what to do in my lifetime:sick: :andy: Is this a common thing with this aspect?

kimbermoon

Indeed Neptune often causes confusion, dissipation and disorientation: it can skew our sense of reality quite a bit, making us more vulnerable to illusions and imaginings. Still the imagination of Neptune can be highly inspiring and creative when appropriately channeled. It all depends on the aspects involved. In opposition to the midheaven: heavy conditioning and imprinting from the past have a significant affect on your 10th house matters, representing 'outcomes'.Neptune also represents 'distractions' and a tendency towards to scattered thinking caused by too many variables to consider. :smile:

LeoCassandra

Indeed Neptune often causes confusion, dissipation and disorientation: it can skew our sense of reality quite a bit, making us more vulnerable to illusions and imaginings. Still the imagination of Neptune can be highly inspiring and creative when appropriately channeled. It all depends on the aspects involved. In opposition to the midheaven: heavy conditioning and imprinting from the past have a significant affect on your 10th house matters, representing 'outcomes'.Neptune also represents 'distractions' and a tendency towards to scattered thinking caused by too many variables to consider. :smile:
Thank You:D This is spot on:smile: Neptune is always daydreaming but most of the time(in real life) he's doing nothing:sleeping:

FarEastUranus

Hi,

Mine is in the 4th house, a bit off-orb with regard to the MC, but exactly square my sun.

I just ordered some Bach flower essence. It seems that Clematis would be the perfect one to start with in your situation.

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=465

If there's a loss of direction in terms of vocation, Wild Oat is also good.

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=386

I live in Asia and it will take 2 weeks before I receive my remedies from England, so I can't tell you anything by personal experience yet. Google Bach Flower Remedies, and hopefully, this is abundantly available where you are from :)

Good luck :smile:

FarEastUranus

So to answer your question, when I was 21, I changed directions in my life, from music to the visual arts. So yes, there was a period of drifting and some confusion, a lot of exploration and travelling, and I wouldn't worry about it too much, but please don't get yourself stuck in a negative state, because negative begets more negative. The opposite is also true. You are not doomed. Your future is not ruined. Everybody has Neptune active in their charts, esp. the most visionary artists. Approach things with ease, grace, sincerity.

Motto: always choose to love what you do, and do what you love. In time, this will lead to your true vocation.

LeoCassandra

So to answer your question, when I was 21, I changed directions in my life, from music to the visual arts. So yes, there was a period of drifting and some confusion, a lot of exploration and travelling, and I wouldn't worry about it too much, but please don't get yourself stuck in a negative state, because negative begets more negative. The opposite is also true. You are not doomed. Your future is not ruined. Everybody has Neptune active in their charts, esp. the most visionary artists. Approach things with ease, grace, sincerity.

Motto: always choose to love what you do, and do what you love. In time, this will lead to your true vocation.
Awww Im happy for you. Hard Neptune/MC aspects can be tricky. I try always follow my heart:innocent:

Alice McDermott

One of my best friends had Neptune, ruler of her MC, exactly conjunct IC opposite Saturn conjunct MC. She was a secretary until about 40 and then became quite a famous clothes designer.

She was also an opera buff and particularly a great fan of Wagner's operas.

Famous astrologer Noel Tyl has Neptune, ruler of his 10th house, in the 4th house in a very wide orb (11 degrees 55 minutes).

As an aside, were you adopted? This is quite a common configuration in adopted children. My friend was adopted twice, once at birth and again when she was four. Noel Tyl wasn't adopted but had a step father who was wonderful to him and completely changed his life for the better.

Alice

FarEastUranus

One of my best friends had Neptune, ruler of her MC, exactly conjunct IC opposite Saturn conjunct MC. She was a secretary until about 40 and then became quite a famous clothes designer.

Famous astrologer Noel Tyl has Neptune, ruler of his 10th house, in the 4th house in a very wide orb (11 degrees 55 minutes).

As an aside, were you adopted? This is quite a common configuration in adopted children. My friend was adopted twice, once at birth and again when she was four. Noel Tyl wasn't adopted but had a step father who was wonderful to him and completely changed his life for the better.

Alice

Fascinating Alice.

I was not adopted (Neptune in 4th), but my dad was out of wedlock, and adopted by his adoptive dad, and he only found out by accident when he was 36.

Regarding career, my Jupiter is partile conjunct my MC, and Sagittarius rules Neptune and my 4th house. Neptune is 11 degrees 14 minutes out of the axis. Most importantly, Neptune squares my Virgo sun in exact degree. How does Noel Tyl's Neptune in the 4th house play in his career? Or does it only influence his home life?

LeoCassandra

Alice
Aww nice to hear it:w00t: I have also ruler of my MC opposite MC/conjunct IC . Both are in 3rd house.

Alice McDermott

How does Noel Tyl's Neptune in the 4th house play in his career? Or does it only influence his home life?

He was a Wagnerian Opera singer for many, many years and I have always felt Neptune angular had a lot to do with that career choice.

Neptune conjunct the IC strongly affects the career as it is also opposite the MC. I think this can also partly describe Tyl's career as an astrologer as he works from home a great deal of the time.

It has always fascinated me that my friend, who had the same configuration as Tyl (Neptune conjunct IC and Saturn conjunct MC) loved astrology and was a Wagnerian opera buff but had her career in design.

LeoCassandra, the ruler of the MC in the third house is one of the signatures of a career in a communication field, conjunct the IC should make this very powerful. Do you mind telling us what you do?

Alice

FarEastUranus

Thanks Alice. I notice that in both of these people, there's a big change in career patterns...

I'm not a big fan of Wagner except the tension in the opening chords of Tristan und Iseult (you can't describe sexual yearnings in better terms than those), but I was a classical pianist for many years. I don't think Neptune narrows down to Wagner, I seem to recall that most classical composers had Neptune prominent in their chart, often aspecting to Saturn...

I myself have Sun square Neptune and Neptune trine Saturn, have been raved in composition classes but am now an artist by vocation. I do have two grandparents who are very renowned composers in my country.

Liz Greene has a listing of Neptunian artists in her book The Astrological Neptune and the Quest for Redemption.

http://books.google.com.hk/books?id...nepage&q=liz greene composers neptune&f=false

LeoCassandra

Right now im studying Sociology...however i think it was a mistake. Now i would prefer studying Psychology. Even German studies would be better. When i was younger, i was thinking about writing but not so much in present times....yeah Im confused:tongue:

Alice McDermott

Thanks Alice. I notice that in both of these people, there's a big change in career patterns...

Tyl had a long career in Advertising as well. I think his four careers, some of them concurrent, of Basketball, Opera, Advertising and Astrology gave him the clue that a mutable MC will often have several careers.

I'm not a big fan of Wagner except the tension in the opening chords of Tristan und Iseult (you can't describe sexual yearnings in better terms than those), but I was a classical pianist for many years. I don't think Neptune narrows down to Wagner, I seem to recall that most classical composers had Neptune prominent in their chart, often aspecting to Saturn...

Yes, I agree, Neptune will often produce music but the type is shown by other factors. I always thought that my friend's Scorpio Moon and Mars in Leo and Tyl's Moon in Leo and Mercury-Mars-Pluto T square drew them to the dramatic Wagnerian Operas.

How wonderful to be a classical pianist. My mother was a concert pianist as well as violinist when she was young, a sort of child prodigy, and I delighted in the wonderful music she played when we were children. Interestingly this ended when she grew up and she went on to become a teacher, shown by Mercury angular and in her career flow. I have always put her talent down to her Pisces South Node, indicating qualities brought forward from another life. She also had a large number of quintiles and biquintiles, showing creative talent.

I myself have Sun square Neptune and Neptune trine Saturn, have been raved in composition classes but am now an artist by vocation. I do have two grandparents who are very renowned composers in my country.

You are so fortunate in being able to compose music, this is a talent that I greatly admire and wish I had myself.

Alice

Claire19

iT DEPENDS ON WHAT OTHER ASPECTS NEPTUNE HAS AND IT IS REALLY CONJUNCT YOUR IC, IS THE WAY TO LOOK AT IT.

IF YOU POST YOUR CHART I CAN COMMENT FURTHER.

FarEastUranus

Tyl had a long career in Advertising as well. I think his four careers, some of them concurrent, of Basketball, Opera, Advertising and Astrology gave him the clue that a mutable MC will often have several careers.

Right. I have mutable MC and IC (Gemini and Sagittarius). But I'm not counting on switching in the way he does! I just posted my chart here for comparison's sake. I battle between music, contemporary art, cinema, and art book publishing, but I see them all as one really. I also like writing poetry and poetic prose, graphic art and electronic music a lot, so "composing" and "architectural balance" is a recurrent theme. But Noel Tyl intrigues me. I think that oftentimes, a brilliant brain needs constant stimulation and the feeling that it's conquering new, previously unknown territories, thus, the desire to go deep into a subject, such as chess or astrology...

Yes, I agree, Neptune will often produce music but the type is shown by other factors. I always thought that my friend's Scorpio Moon and Mars in Leo and Tyl's Moon in Leo and Mercury-Mars-Pluto T square drew them to the dramatic Wagnerian Operas.

Melodramatic, yes:) I see the link with Leo. My mom is a Leo sun and a musician, and yes opera is the hobby of her life. She just put out a CD of her arias for Christmas this year, at age 61! I did some of the piano accompaniment. I see that she likes a lot Mozart, which I see as very sunny Leonine.

How wonderful to be a classical pianist. My mother was a concert pianist as well as violinist when she was young, a sort of child prodigy, and I delighted in the wonderful music she played when we were children. Interestingly this ended when she grew up and she went on to become a teacher, shown by Mercury angular and in her career flow. I have always put her talent down to her Pisces South Node, indicating qualities brought forward from another life. She also had a large number of quintiles and biquintiles, showing creative talent.

My mom too! musician and music educator!!! She plays the piano, the cello, the accordion, and sings. She always loved dancing since a small child, and was chosen to enroll in children's professional dance school as a kid, but my grandfather categorically refused to let her be a dancer. A big regret in her life.

After the Cultural Revolution (where she spent nearly 10 years doing difficult agricultural labor), she was assigned to be a music educator, and after difficult adjustment to teaching, she became a real star teacher in the district, coaching children's choirs that won national awards. When she moved to the West, she became a private piano teacher, and again immensely popular with the students, even though she's also known for being really strict. She loves her job, and I don't think she'll ever want to retire, and she just looks young year after year! I always see the Capricorn Moon in the 5th house as my mom!

You are so fortunate in being able to compose music, this is a talent that I greatly admire and wish I had myself.

Alice

I think that if you have the desire to compose, you have the ability or the talent to do it. Everybody can be taught to compose, just like everybody can be taught how to write. Our world always needs more composers, poets, painters. Think about how much more beautiful the world would be :smile:

Attachments

• NatalChart.jpg
    NatalChart.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 51

FarEastUranus

She also had a large number of quintiles and biquintiles, showing creative talent.
Alice

That's wonderful. Piano and violin are about two of the hardest instruments to master. I was not a child prodigy. I had a lot of musical talent and won a lot of competitions, but too much of a clown and caused a lot of trouble.

I noticed that I have one quintile, Saturn quintile MC conjunct Jupiter (70 degrees). I never paid attention to it. Do you think it's anything to pay attention to?

Claire19

Neptune is conjunct your IC. This deals more with your domestic situation which can cause problems with your goals and career because there is a separation or some kind of opposition. However the whole chart has to be looked at.

LeoCassandra

Neptune is conjunct your IC. This deals more with your domestic situation which can cause problems with your goals and career because there is a separation or some kind of opposition. However the whole chart has to be looked at.
I dont want to sound rude but are you 'talking' to me? or to someone else??:sideways::lol:

astro11

I would say a career which allows you a lot of freedom to use your imagination and creativity, nothing bound by too many rules/ regulations. It doesn't help you to stay in a 9-5 job with a predictable routine and protocol. Neptune in this position frequently gives musical and artistic (performance and visual) talents that could be put to good use in your career.

LeoCassandra

I would say a career which allows you a lot of freedom to use your imagination and creativity, nothing bound by too many rules/ regulations. It doesn't help you to stay in a 9-5 job with a predictable routine and protocol. Neptune in this position frequently gives musical and artistic (performance and visual) talents that could be put to good use in your career.
Opposition too? I used to think artistic talent, vocation is Neptune trine, square, conjunct MC...

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_hy_hp.78739.25742.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_hy_hp.78739.25742.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 42