My birthday was this week. SolarReturn request!

tsmall

Premium Member
I just had my birthday the last tuesday. I want to know what interesting stuff is coming for me this next 2012-2013 journey. Stuff in general.

Thank you!

Solar returns shouldn't be read without the natal chart. So a chart showing both, with houses, will give better results.

Multiplicity

First let me say that I am not a seasoned astrologer...but I see this as a year of some important relationships and new emotional waters for you to tread...

at the time of your solar return chart venus was transiting your natal 9th house - natural home of your rising sign...it's ruling planet - jupiter - is crossing your natal 7th/solar 12th...saturn will also be crossing your natal venus as it transits scorpio...my best guess would be that the central idea behind the following year will be that people you become closest to, or vice versa, will help to teach you things and change your perspective somewhat....

at the end of the year will be your jupiter return...mine was rough - as I expanded aggressively in true aries fashion, there wasn't a lot of room left for some of the things I held onto tightly...scorpio moon...But it was also a transit across my north node so it was a necessary purging, and lead to a more confident person coming to life at the end of it...hopefully yours will be more pleasant...:)

tsmall

Premium Member
Belatedly, Happy Birthday!

I look at Solar Return charts a little differently. For starters I use whole sign houses because it just works better for me, and when comparing charts the houses line up better. It gives a deeper look into themes for the year. I also like to look at profected charts, but that is pretty complicated. Rather than read the whole chart for you since it is pretty time intensive (I haven't even done my own yet! :sick:) I'll get you started, if that's ok?

I'm guessing that your birth year is 1989 (because that is when Uranus, Saturn and Neptune were in the specific degrees in Capricorn in your natal chart) which means that this year your by profection your ASC has moved into your natal 12th house. You count around the signs starting with when you were born, one sign for each year. Your natal 12th is Scorpio, which makes Mars your Lord of the Year, and brings the 12th into focus.

Then we look to the Solar Return chart, and see that the SR ASC is in Cancer, making the Moon the SR chart ruler. Cancer is the natal 5th, so the primary themes for the year based on the houses will be 1/12/5. You can go around your entire chart this way and look at how the rest of the houses line up to get an idea of what the other areas of your life will be like.

We want to look at the SR chart to see how the year rulers are configured, and how they aspect the planets in the natal chart as well. We really want to know their condition, and here we see for example that Mars (profected Lord of the Year) is in Scorpio, sextile the Sun and Mercury, doesn't regard Saturn and Moon, is also in aversion to Jupiter, and gets a square from his in sect benefic, Venus. He's in domicile, in sect in the SR chart, and in the 5th house, so pretty well able to act. All in all Mars is in good shape there. You can look at the aspect table at astro where you made your SR chart to see how SR Mars interacts with your natal planets, but I think he's a good Lord of the Year over all.

Then you go to the Moon, as the SR ruler, and see what she's up to in the same manner. Doing this will let you look at the domicile rulers of each house and give you the ability to get an idea of how the affairs of those houses will go for the year. At that point you can start asking questions. Like if you want to know about your income/2nd house you can see how your natal lines up with the SR and profected houses, then look at what the rulers are doing. It will narrow down the experiences you can expect rather than just giving broad generalizations.

hth
tamara

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
What concerns me is that the Chart ruler is the Moon in via combusta conjunction with a very strong and dignified Saturn in my 4th.

What will that bring? Obstacles, a change in the relationship with my mother? Also considering that Saturn rules the SR7th, can this bring a romantic relationship with a Saturnine person that I'll meet through my mother?
This stuff falls in my natal 11th, so friends, groups, social stuff will be important factor this year?

@Tsmall: Yes I was born in 89.

virgo18, we are talking about SR and natal charts here. I know you do horary, but in this instance skip via combusta (because this is a consideration for horary and not necessarily for natal.) Look at the Moon conjunct Saturn, and look at Saturn's sect. Look at what they rule in the natal, by both domicile and exalataion, and possibly triplicity. Realize that Saturn isn't always about the bad, and then think of what you see. Sect, angularity, domicile and term rulership is most important. I have seen your answers in horary. You've got this...