Split personality?

OK, I don't mean in a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde kind of way (!) but I must be really confusing to the people I work with/am friends with/my family because I feel I can be several different people all in a day! I can be shy - but I'm also quite bombastic! I have a very high sex drive sometimes (rowr!) - but then I can be really quite prudish! Actually, thinking about it, I am definitely different with different people...

Is this because of my Leo sun/ Aquarius moon combination?

I don't really get on with other girls and I'm a bit of a tomboy and I'm very attracted to Capricorn men at the moment...why??? There are three significant ones in my life at the moment! But I have been single for nearly 3 years now - following a very very very bad relationship with a Sagittarius.

Can anyone see evidence of any of this in my chart? Please, I would be very very grateful if you would have a look! Thanking you in advance xx

**My chart expired!? Here are my birth details!

24th July 1975 - 5:25pm - Rustington, England **

Last edited:

hermetic

here we have a rule of you at least making an attempt to read your own chart before others help you. welcome to the boards :)

Oops - sorry! OK i'll have a go!

(I hate being told off ; ) but that's the Leo in me I suppose...)

I've heard that Leo sun and Aquarius moon is a bit difficult. Is that because Leo is quite an emotional sign and Aquarius is more of a thinker when it comes to emotions? I often find myself doing outragous and risky things only to really regret them and then wonder why on earth i did them in the first place - also the Leo sun and Aquarius moon combination....i'm assuming...

Also, isn't it a bit tricky if you are a Leo and have some planets in Cancer? I have two quite important ones in Cancer!!

hermetic

:)
well I definitely see many contradictions which could manifest in oscilating between different modes of behavior. nothing too worrying
fiery sun and asc, but a dreamy neptune right on asc - must be confusing for you, you can be quite energetic, but also very receptive of energies around you
moon in aquarius - i have this too - squared to mars, erratic emotional responses
venus ruler of the fifth, trine to mars in fifth, points to high sex drive. But mars in taurus is slow.
also venus is in virgo, squaring neptune(myself again) makes you constantly debate over physical versus spiritual ways of loving
you mention your planets in cancer, saturn there can be very hard, especially since it forms a t-square with uranus and chiron
your sun moon and asc give you a free spirited, spontaneous nature, but since you r 4th 8th and 12th house are accented, I'd say you go much deeper than what you appear on the outside. plus, that pluto on mc should not be overseen, it is a very powerful position to have.
every chart has it's contradictions, and most are quite complex. it is our task to integrate it all to our personality. you need to take your time to learn about all the aspects, positions of planets, houses, and see how those descriptions apply to you. have fun learning!

OK I've got quite a few squares in my chart.

Moon Square Mars can't be good?! Apparently that means I can be emotionally volatile and self-protective.

Oh great Sun square Jupiter means I might be a failure!

Mercury square Jupiter - pathalogical liar - apparently! Ha ha, glad I started this now.....

Thanks Hermetic! Really useful stuff there - and so spookily accurate!

I've seriously just started looking into all this today so I'm going to make a real effort to look into my chart a bit more.

I hope I can come back from time to time to ask some more questions!

Thank you xx

aquarius7000

Welcome to our community MM:)

(I hate being told off ; ) but that's the Leo in me I suppose...)
Nah, we don't tell people off here, we just show them the better option, the astrological one, I mean.;) Anyway, I (Leo Rising) know what you mean with that "Leo in me.." thing.:p

I've heard that Leo sun and Aquarius moon is a bit difficult. Is that because Leo is quite an emotional sign and Aquarius is more of a thinker when it comes to emotions?
Well, this is partially true, but also with the Sun in Leo & Moon in Aqu, you would have the two luminaries (conscious & sub-conscious personalities) on either ends of the Leo-Aqu pole (both signs lie opposite each other in the astro wheel). This means that there is a certain, well let me call it, natural 'opposition' as far as the zodiac wheel goes. You see, Leo likes to be the centre of attention, have one-on-one relationships, react to things physically, and is a very I-associated sign; whereas Aquarius is quite the opposite: aloof & detached, prefers groups, reacts to things more mentally (air sign), and is more the we-associated sign (community thinking, higher octave of Leo).

I haven't yet had a look at your chart, but I'll try to come back later, and do so.

:)aquarius7000

Thanks Aquarius7000! Any insights would be amazing thank you! I will also delve deeper into my chart. I've just come out of an amazingly intense period of self-reflection in which I was very unhappy and frustrated and want to make the most of the current clarity I seem to be experiencing so I can improve myself and my life x

Kerrie

monkeymonkey said:
I'm very attracted to Capricorn men at the moment...why??? There are three significant ones in my life at the moment! But I have been single for nearly 3 years now - following a very very very bad relationship with a Sagittarius.

Hi Monkeymonkey, I just had a look at your chart re: the above... in your 5th house of romance you have Mars and in your 7th house of partnerships you dont have any planets.

The natal aspects to Mars are a trine to Venus, and a square to Moon. To determine 'why certain things are happening in love' you need to look at these planets/houses/aspects/transits.

In Dec 06 you had a heavy transit by Neptune, it was conjunct your Moon and activated the square to Mars. Squares are a challenge... was this around the time you broke it off with the Sag man?

Aug 08 you have just had another heavy transit this time to your natal Venus, and your Venus trines Mars. I am assuming this is why you are attracting Capricorn men as the ruler of Capricorn is Saturn.

Maybe one of these 3 could be the right one for you... as you dont have any heavy transits coming up for a while to your love planets, but of course to determine how each one is compatible with you, you would need to do synastry and a composite chart, etc... :)

monkeymonkey Natal Chart

I think we all have multiple personalities within, and the task is how to get all this energy to successfully work as a whole. It's not that you have a split personality just a very different Solar drive (Leo) compared to your emotional patterns in detached (Aquarius). Your self expression through the Sun is square Jupiter & Conjunct Saturn. Two very different types of energy on your Sun, it was interesting what you were saying about being attracted to Sagittarius/Capricorn men.

I don't really get on with other girls and I'm a bit of a tomboy and I'm very attracted to Capricorn men at the moment...why??? There are three significant ones in my life at the moment! But I have been single for nearly 3 years now - following a very very very bad relationship with a Sagittarius.

Considering the Sun in a females life can rule her male partners. I do wonder what qualities first attract you to men, and what other aspects in their personality you later find. There are two very contradictory aspects within your personality. Capricorn rules stability, maturity, seriousness etc. Sagittarius qualities can include fun, being free to travel, doesn't like to be restricted.

Mercury/Saturn in Cancer can be shy and tenacious in speech, and usually wants to carefully plan what you say. But Mercury square Jupiter can be more overconfident, and can have poor judgements in situations because things have not been thought out long enough. The Sun/Saturn part of your personality is the aspect which feels frustrated and fears being a failure in life. And then we have the risk taker personality with your fiery Sun Leo/Jupiter/Aries square can be FULL of energy, even too much confidence but underneath maybe your self confidence is quite fragile.

Definitely some splitting in personality going on, I would also say you are extremely idealistic with a high vision of love relationships (Venus in Virgo/9th square Neptune 12th/1st) I am wondering what kind of sacrifices are made in love. Neptune is exact on your ascendant, you approach the world with extreme sensitivity.

You do seem to have the split personality :D

nelron.jpg

But don't worry we all have different personalities in our charts, and it is hard to try and please all your sub- personalities. One part of you wants security (Cancer) and your individual self development is focusing on learning how to be self sufficient with your emotional needs. (Sun conjunct Saturn in Cancer). Yet you also need to fulfill your needs for freedom, and travel, to broaden your self beliefs (Sun/Jupiter), and work on letting your Leo shine, to be noticed, while still keeping the high standards of an Aquarian Moon, by being friendly, ethical and humanitarian but you also need to make sure your own needs are being met (Moon/Mars). Jupiter in Aries finds growth through new challenges. Part of you wants to grow and expand in self expression (Sun/Jupiter) and another part of you needs to set limits, and learn about your need for lovability, as you may desperately want to feel protected and nourished (Cancer), and taken care of but your afraid of being let down. You want to be special and recognised for your creative talents, where your own personal style can be expressed. (Sun in Leo).

Begin to think how you satisfy a lot of your needs, what would help you not feel so "split off". :)

Last edited:

oohfredsslacks

I know this feeling! My chart is all over the place too! I also have the sun in Leo and Aquarius rising(instead of the moon) but my moon/venus are conjunct in Virgo which is intercepted in the seventh. I am female and also get along with men better than women because I just feel more comfortable around them. Do you seem to intuitively morph yourself into whatever would be harmonious with the people around you until you have no idea who you are? I know I do! I think it comes from having a complex or incohesive chart with no real theme or too many themes. You can relate to almost anybody because there's probably a little piece of them somewhere in your personality that you can access. Because you are so multifaceted and contradictory, the way you express yourself depends on what is influencing you at at that moment. You can't be your ENTIRE self all at once or your head will explode! I don't think the personality is split, its probably just more expansive than most. Don't worry they're all genuine and they're all you!

I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say about being able to relate to lots of different people! If you got all the different groups of friends I have in a room you wouldn't believe how diverse they are. I really get on better with people older than me. I am also quite gullable and have learnt the hard way when trusting people.

Kingsley

Thanks for posting the chart Shining Ray. That baby of yours in your Icon is a bit scarey. These days there is no such thing as multiple personality disorder, well except in the case where a person lives out two lives with two families in different places without knowing they have two wives etc. There is a complete unawareness (denial) of their two separate lives.

Most commonly the situation being discussed here is the DID. Disociative Identity Disorder. There are many of us (that for what ever reason) develop separate parts of personality and as Shining Ray has referred to "splitting off". One part of the personality is separated from the rest, perhaps never to be seen for several years.

As in the case of PSTD where the body/mind creates defensive mechanisms to separate overwhelming experiences to some darker remote part of the brain hopefully never to be heard from again. The splitting off process in these cases is sometimes triggered off by normal everyday smells, sights and relational experiences. When those feelings begin to emerge the person starts to dissociate from that anxiety. It is possible that a person exists in dissociation or only experiences that from time to time.

Neptune is an interesting significator or "the great dissolver" Neptune at the acendant will tend to bring multifaceted aspects to personality in the process of managing other things going on in the chart. The person is very sensitive to experiences however that may not be apparent to others who know that person. It may not be apparent to the person themeself

kingsley