Confusion over Gaja Kesari Yoga...

toots

Female
D.O.B: april/29/1983
time: 12:48:25 pm
daylight savings
place: Montreal, Quebec

I have been told my gaja kesari yoga will be fruitful. But how can this be if the moon is debilitated in Scorpio and Jupiter is retrograde? Though it has been said retrograde planets are stronger as they are closer. Are there aspects that are helping it?

mathur_dinesh

Gajakesari is formed due to relative positions of the Moon and Jupiter. If the Moon and Jupiter are well placed and are strong the combination will give very good results but when either is weak the effect would be reduced. If one is strong and the other is weak effects would be seen in the period of the stronger of the two.
The strength of the Moon is also judged by the percentage of brightness it has.
If Jupiter is tending to move away from natal Moon (by being retrograde) it would take away from the combination; if it is inclined to move towards the Moon it would improve the effect.
For example Jupiter(R) in Aries at 10deg and the Moon at 7deg in Aries would mean that Jupiter would be inclined to move closer to the Moon (it would be hypothetically moving to 9deg, 8deg, 7deg etc and would thus be hypothetically coming closer to the natal position of the Moon). The strength of the combination would be enhanced. When the Moon is at 7deg in Cancer to the above Jupiter (thus it would be angular to Jupiter) even then the angular distance of Jupiter to the Moon would hypothetically tend to reduce and would therefore be inclined to improve the quality of the combination. In a situation when Jupiter is at a lesser longitude to the Moon (Jupiter at say 3deg and the Moon at 10deg) the distance would tend to increase and the effectiveness of the combination would tend to lessen.
Therefore when the Moon is placed ahead of Jupiter in the same sign or in an angular sign the combination is not so effective as in a situation where retrograde Jupiter is ahead of the Moon.
In your case the Moon is just behind retrograde Jupiter and it is very bright. The combination will give good results. The best results should be seen in Mercury sub-period of Venus (May/2026 to March/2029).
:smile::smile:

Last edited:

toots

Gajakesari is formed due to relative positions of the Moon and Jupiter. If the Moon and Jupiter are well placed and are strong the combination will give very good results but when either is weak the effect would be reduced. If one is strong and the other is weak effects would be seen in the period of the stronger of the two.
The strength of the Moon is also judged by the percentage of brightness it has.
If Jupiter is tending to move away from natal Moon (by being retrograde) it would take away from the combination; if it is inclined to move towards the Moon it would improve the effect.
For example Jupiter(R) in Aries at 10deg and the Moon at 7deg in Aries would mean that Jupiter would be inclined to move closer to the Moon (it would be hypothetically moving to 9deg, 8deg, 7deg etc and would thus be hypothetically coming closer to the natal position of the Moon). The strength of the combination would be enhanced. When the Moon is at 7deg in Cancer to the above Jupiter (thus it would be angular to Jupiter) even then the angular distance of Jupiter to the Moon would hypothetically tend to reduce and would therefore be inclined to improve the quality of the combination. In a situation when Jupiter is at a lesser longitude to the Moon (Jupiter at say 3deg and the Moon at 10deg) the distance would tend to increase and the effectiveness of the combination would tend to lessen.
Therefore when the Moon is placed ahead of Jupiter in the same sign or in an angular sign the combination is not so effective as in a situation where retrograde Jupiter is ahead of the Moon.
In your case the Moon is just behind retrograde Jupiter and it is very bright. The combination will give good results. The best results should be seen in Mercury sub-period of Venus (May/2026 to March/2029).
:smile::smile:

Thank you for this. It's the missing information I needed as I am not able to find it online with different sources. Very very helpful.

Also why does my yoga activate during Mercury sub-period? Is it the aspect or does this relate to the Nakshatra?

Last edited:

mathur_dinesh

Both Mercury and Venus are friendly to each other. They are placed in a friendly sign. They have influence of only naturally beneficial planets. These planets are therefore strong.
They both have contact with the planets forming gajakesari.
In the remaining part of Venus major-period only Mars, Jupiter and Mercury are related to the yoga. Mars and Jupiter are not friendly to Venus. Mars is combust.
Therefore it seems that Mercury would give the best results relating to this yoga in Venus major.

toots

Thank you for the clarification.

I really trust in the knowledge that you display. Would you be kind enough to also add what possible career path I should be following?