Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Travelling, moving and relocation

Horary Questions on Travelling, moving and relocation Questions about travels, changing residence, relocation and related.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-05-2021, 03:48 PM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Will I learn German language?

Hi,

I need help with my horary.

Will I learn German language? Soon?

All these years, I thought that won't be possible. I never had time to sitdown and learn.

Just lately I had a thought, may be this time I should give all my efforts and achive something.


I wonder why the chart is at the very late degree? Because I have already know to my self that I can if I work on it?

Now should I look at the L9 as a foreign language or the L3 which rules communication or the 4th House for learning? I need some help here.




Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211005-163414_Chrome.jpg (39.1 KB, 8 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 10-05-2021, 03:55 PM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

Chart with modern planets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_learning_a_new_language_hr.53577.184096.jpg (55.4 KB, 6 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 10-05-2021, 04:21 PM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

The asc is at the very late degree of Cap and changing sign.

Which means? There is a Change in the situation?

Asc is ruled by Saturn that does not aspects the L9 or
L3 (If I keep trying to learn it by my self)

but if there is a change in the scenario then something is possible..

I was thinking of joining an online class on the other hand.

Could the change of signs being signaling this, that if I choose to take an online course then I can achieve it.

This way modern planets would play a role? I.e Uranus aspects the L9?


Should I take it this way that the Tarus over the 3rd cusp symbolize German? And the L3 is placed in the 9th house is showing the foreign language is been show by this placement.

Last edited by knowledge; 10-06-2021 at 09:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 10-05-2021, 06:07 PM
The Everqueen The Everqueen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 128
Re: Will I learn German language?

If the chart says 'no' are you not going to bother?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Everqueen For This Useful Post:
knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #5  
Unread 10-05-2021, 06:15 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,726
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
Hi,

I need help with my horary.

Will I learn German language? Soon?

All these years, I thought that won't be possible. I never had time to sitdown and learn.

Just lately I had a thought, may be this time I should give all my efforts and achive something.


I wonder why the chart is at the very late degree? Because I have already know to my self that I can if I work on it?

Now should I look at the L9 as a foreign language or the L3 which rules communication or the 4th House for learning? I need some help here.





language is 9th house

it wont be easy

you have moon, sun and mars in 8th house

moon trines saturn (you need a teacher)
mars combusted and weak in 8th house might not be "useful" for you on a long run. i dont understand why mars being such a germanic planet to be so weak while saturn is very strong
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 10-05-2021, 06:58 PM
The Everqueen The Everqueen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 128
Re: Will I learn German language?

Languages are ruled by Mercury. Education can be either 3H for primary education, 5H for pleasure, or 9H for higher education. I would use 5H as it is like a hobby unless you do it at University.

5H ruled by Mercury so fits with the natural significator. Mercury is retrograde and under the Sun's beams - a bit of a debility here but both don't last. Could signify the initial difficulties starting. Saturn doesn't make an aspect to Mercury. The Moon which can also rule the question will trine Saturn. So I'd say that you will.

Tut es einfach! Deutsch ist eine schöne Sprache!

Last edited by The Everqueen; 10-05-2021 at 07:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Everqueen For This Useful Post:
knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #7  
Unread 10-05-2021, 07:08 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,726
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Everqueen View Post
Languages are ruled by Mercury. Education can be either 3H for primary education, 5H for pleasure, or 9H for higher education. I would use 5H as it is like a hobby unless you do it at University.

5H ruled by Mercury so fits with the natural significator. Mercury is retrograde and under the Sun's beams - a bit of a debility here but both don't last. Could signify the initial difficulties starting. Saturn doesn't make an aspect to Mercury. The Moon which can also rule the question does trine Saturn. So I'd say that you will.

Tut es einfach! Deutsch ist eine schöne Sprache!
foreign language cannot be ruled by Mercury because it is a learned skill therefore it's jupiter(generic ruler). The ability to learn anything is def Merc/lord of 3rd house. Please share the source of this classification.
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf

Last edited by tikana; 10-05-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
IleneK (10-05-2021), knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #8  
Unread 10-05-2021, 08:06 PM
The Everqueen The Everqueen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 128
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
foreign language cannot be ruled by Mercury because it is a learned skill therefore it's jupiter(generic ruler). The ability to learn anything is def Merc/lord of 3rd house. Please share the source of this classification.
All languages are learned whether it's your mother tongue or otherwise - one is acquired and the other is a choice but the process is still the same.

The Rulership Book by Rex E Bills.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Everqueen For This Useful Post:
knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #9  
Unread 10-05-2021, 09:19 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 6,141
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
Hi,


I wonder why the chart is at the very late degree? Because I have already know to my self that I can if I work on it?

I think the last rising point suggests that you do already know the answer to the question. So you have to determine what it is that you already know.

Wishing you the very best, regardless of which path you follow.
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #10  
Unread 10-05-2021, 09:52 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,726
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
I think the last rising point suggests that you do already know the answer to the question. So you have to determine what it is that you already know.

Wishing you the very best, regardless of which path you follow.
saturn is turning direct too ..
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
IleneK (10-05-2021), knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #11  
Unread 10-05-2021, 10:04 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,726
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Everqueen View Post
All languages are learned whether it's your mother tongue or otherwise - one is acquired and the other is a choice but the process is still the same.

The Rulership Book by Rex E Bills.
Rex does not have "language" in the book. https://www.google.com/books/edition...1&bsq=language

No it is NOT the same. you live in Germany, 9 out of 10 you will develop pattern linguistical / local dialect language before you actually start speaking the language on daily basis (foundation will be ongoing and constant), which you DON'T get in school even if you study outside.
Pronouncation is very different. In schools, you learn high level German (little to no slang). You actually learn reasons why they have tenses and cases in school 1st semester vs if you were born in Germany, then it comes natural and you learn grammar and cases and genders and etc when you are in school. There is a huge difference.

I actually asked once an European(it's germanic based), please explain why you use "have been" in the tense where you don't really need it. In english, (german based language) it is used "blah blah blah blah" ... (native speaker) the person couldnt even answer all i got was "hey ask my buddy he studied it." That dude explained to me in pieces why. It wasnt his native language.

you do realize that a child will have a different reason / more ease to learn a language than let's say 20+ year old. A native speaker kid goes to the store and sees an apple. he/she will say "ein Apfel". he or she does not need to think twice or run the entire dictionary in his/her head to find that word. It comes natural. vs a foreign speaker will have scroll through a memory box to find "an apple = ein Apfel"


Questions "WILL" must be looked at the strength of the asce ruler. We have a very strong L1. It is turning around and going forward. So IMO the querent HAS the potential of being successful and the "WILL" to learn a language. Everything applies Saturn. Little to no effort the querent needs to be done. Moon is a teacher. it is not mute it is combust and trine to saturn - that is a yes
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf

Last edited by tikana; 10-05-2021 at 11:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
IleneK (10-05-2021), knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #12  
Unread 10-06-2021, 03:08 AM
The Everqueen The Everqueen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 128
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
Rex does not have "language" in the book. https://www.google.com/books/edition...1&bsq=language

If you actually look you'll find it on PAGE 78 online and on PAGE 79 in the physical version.

No it is NOT the same. you live in Germany, 9 out of 10 you will develop pattern linguistical / local dialect language before you actually start speaking the language on daily basis (foundation will be ongoing and constant), which you DON'T get in school even if you study outside.

The point is you ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN TO LEARN that is a Mercurial pursuit. It's got nothing to do with the how a native person learns a language over how someone learns their mother tongue. It's a learning process. 4H is 'acquired learning' but that's how a child learns its native language, whereas an adult would be actually learning it as a second language for a reason. The language itself isn't 9H - that is foreign places not *tongues (*which also happens to be ruled by Mercury). The question wasn't 'Will I go to Germany to learn German?'

Pronouncation is very different. In schools, you learn high level German (little to no slang). You actually learn reasons why they have tenses and cases in school 1st semester vs if you were born in Germany, then it comes natural and you learn grammar and cases and genders and etc when you are in school. There is a huge difference.

I really don't know what the relevance of this is based on the question. Again, learning a language requires using your brain and your mouth (both ruled by Mercury), it's got nothing to do with how a German native learns their language over a foreign person - they're still using their brains!

I actually asked once an European(it's germanic based), please explain why you use "have been" in the tense where you don't really need it. In english, (german based language) it is used "blah blah blah blah" ... (native speaker) the person couldnt even answer all i got was "hey ask my buddy he studied it." That dude explained to me in pieces why. It wasnt his native language.

Such a typical English speaker thing to ask! Why do English speakers always think that things are 'not needed' in another language just because they don't get it?! I think you'll find most language learners will be able to explain the reasons why when it comes to the grammar they are learning in a foreign language because it is drilled into you, a native speaker doesn't usually take much notice of it to remember the reasons behind it even though it is taught at school.

you do realize that a child will have a different reason / more ease to learn a language than let's say 20+ year old. A native speaker kid goes to the store and sees an apple. he/she will say "ein Apfel". he or she does not need to think twice or run the entire dictionary in his/her head to find that word. It comes natural. vs a foreign speaker will have scroll through a memory box to find "an apple = ein Apfel"

God you're so patronising! Do you realise that a child doesn't have a 'reason' to learn their mother tongue - they can't get away from the fact. Native German speakers get the cases wrong too, just like English speakers get things grammatically wrong. I've heard German speakers drop the indefinite article if it's just one word being used.

I think Mercury fits very well into the question as far as I am concerned. The Querent is asking 'Will I LEARN German language?' Learning is also ruled by Mercury. Dialects, pronunciation, spelling - none of that is relevant because it's in the process of 'learning'.

I'm Swiss and have learned German, I've also dabbled with French, Dutch and Kiswahili so know the complexities and difficulties of language learning, some of which was done at university but none of what you mention is relevant in my opinion. It's still just a learning process and can be done anywhere, anyhow these days.


Questions "WILL" must be looked at the strength of the asce ruler. We have a very strong L1. It is turning around and going forward. So IMO the querent HAS the potential of being successful and the "WILL" to learn a language. Everything applies Saturn. Little to no effort the querent needs to be done. Moon is a teacher. it is not mute it is combust and trine to saturn - that is a yes
We'll just have to beg to differ!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 01.23.33.jpg (40.2 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Everqueen For This Useful Post:
knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #13  
Unread 10-06-2021, 04:41 AM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,726
Re: Will I learn German language?

so your logic is everyone who asks a question about a language, will get merc to rule?
your logic MAKES no sense! Becuase linguistic 3rd house is inner house under a horizon meaning it is inner not outer. a person is asking about learning a FOREIGN LANGUAGE. 9th house issue.

"God you're so patronising! "
Laughs hysterically

" Do you realise that a child doesn't have a 'reason' to learn their mother tongue - they can't get away from the fact. "
There are PLENTY of kids who were born in Germany who do not speak German.
Your argument MAKES 0 sense btw. Here in the US, we have plenty of kids who were born in the US who do not speak english at all because they lived in spanish neighborhoods and etc. I had 2 classmates like that in HS. I have no idea how they passed through Jr HS. Australia is known for that. A child is born somewhere in the rural tribal area doesnt speak english. You can check out quora for some interestng findings.
"Native German speakers get the cases wrong too, just like English speakers get things grammatically wrong. I've heard German speakers drop the indefinite article if it's just one word being used."
yeah and? this is normal. we get sloppy once we master a language. Then throw in slang terms it becomes something else.

Ja! because they get cases wrong. That's NORMAL even for native Germans.
Not everyone remembers masculine, feminine and neuter endings and common stuff like (time, locations, trees, flowers, cardinal numbers, and etc) to determine the if they should use "der", "das" or "die". I speak German.
Hell, we ***** up with "an, the, a" all the time as well.

and btw WE HAVE a chart about a learning a language
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?p=968031

https://www.horoscopejoy.com/the-9th...time-to-learn/

A child has a reason to learn or not learn. For example, I lived in the area where people spoke 3 languages + 1 learned one in school (french, spanish, english or german - pick your class). LOL 1 of them is native, we had to learn it in school too. Did I speak it? HELL NO! Was it common to speak the regional language? yep esp in suburbs. It was my choice not to. I cannot remember literally anything. Yeah i was my choice not to speak it.

I hope the querent will update which doesnt happen here often.

Tik
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf

Last edited by tikana; 10-06-2021 at 04:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
knowledge (10-06-2021)
  #14  
Unread 10-06-2021, 08:09 AM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Everqueen View Post
Languages are ruled by Mercury. Education can be either 3H for primary education, 5H for pleasure, or 9H for higher education. I would use 5H as it is like a hobby unless you do it at University.

5H ruled by Mercury so fits with the natural significator. Mercury is retrograde and under the Sun's beams - a bit of a debility here but both don't last. Could signify the initial difficulties starting. Saturn doesn't make an aspect to Mercury. The Moon which can also rule the question will trine Saturn. So I'd say that you will.

Tut es einfach! Deutsch ist eine schöne Sprache!
Dankeschön Everqueen
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 10-06-2021, 08:12 AM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
I think the last rising point suggests that you do already know the answer to the question. So you have to determine what it is that you already know.

Wishing you the very best, regardless of which path you follow.
Ilenek thank you for the wishes
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 10-06-2021, 08:16 AM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
Rex does not have "language" in the book. https://www.google.com/books/edition...1&bsq=language

No it is NOT the same. you live in Germany, 9 out of 10 you will develop pattern linguistical / local dialect language before you actually start speaking the language on daily basis (foundation will be ongoing and constant), which you DON'T get in school even if you study outside.
Pronouncation is very different. In schools, you learn high level German (little to no slang). You actually learn reasons why they have tenses and cases in school 1st semester vs if you were born in Germany, then it comes natural and you learn grammar and cases and genders and etc when you are in school. There is a huge difference.

I actually asked once an European(it's germanic based), please explain why you use "have been" in the tense where you don't really need it. In english, (german based language) it is used "blah blah blah blah" ... (native speaker) the person couldnt even answer all i got was "hey ask my buddy he studied it." That dude explained to me in pieces why. It wasnt his native language.

you do realize that a child will have a different reason / more ease to learn a language than let's say 20+ year old. A native speaker kid goes to the store and sees an apple. he/she will say "ein Apfel". he or she does not need to think twice or run the entire dictionary in his/her head to find that word. It comes natural. vs a foreign speaker will have scroll through a memory box to find "an apple = ein Apfel"


Questions "WILL" must be looked at the strength of the asce ruler. We have a very strong L1. It is turning around and going forward. So IMO the querent HAS the potential of being successful and the "WILL" to learn a language. Everything applies Saturn. Little to no effort the querent needs to be done. Moon is a teacher. it is not mute it is combust and trine to saturn - that is a yes
Wow
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 10-06-2021, 08:54 AM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

The arguments were interesting and at the same time it was motivating. Thanks for both of you

Even I was wondering this, does the ruler have to be the same planet of L3 or L9 for learning a language or for anything we learn? Or can be altered with other signifiers depending on the purpose of learning?

For myself, it is not gonna be a hobby. It should be a must. Everyone in my family speaks fluent German and their accents are awesome still I haven't got a chance to catchup with them because but they speak English at home and the outsiders, the min they see me start trying their English speaking skills so I have never got a chance to learn or try German.

This time I am surly gonna learn ( yes, seriously...this is the 1st time I am actually starting to learning) with a help of some online course. I had started already. They had some sample works and I find it very easily understandable than with any of other sources. I think and I wish that I should take the classes.

I will update on this with the results

Last edited by knowledge; 10-06-2021 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 10-06-2021, 09:07 AM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Everqueen View Post
If the chart says 'no' are you not going to bother?
Yes yes yes
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 10-06-2021, 10:27 AM
The Everqueen The Everqueen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 128
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
For myself, it is not gonna be a hobby. It should be a must. Everyone in my family speaks fluent German and their accents are awesome still I haven't got a chance to catchup with them because but they speak English at home and the outsiders, the min they see me start trying their English speaking skills so I have never got a chance to learn or try German.

You have the best teachers around you then and the opportunity to immerse yourself in the language which is the best way to learn. Have you heard of Duolingo or Memrise? Those sites can make it a bit more fun and keep you motivated. I always start with the 'Teach Yourself series and Michel Thomas is an audio course you can listen to on the go, plus there is so much stuff on You Tube as well.

I will update on this with the results

Alles Gute!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 10-06-2021, 10:37 AM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Everqueen View Post
Alles Gute!

Danke Ever queen doods at home cannot teach me German cos they are not that type " teachers ". first of all they have no patience. They all busy bees in their own worlds.


I have found this "German with Laura" her way of teaching is very understandable as if it is customised for me.

Thanks for the recommendations I will have a look

Last edited by knowledge; 10-06-2021 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 10-06-2021, 10:44 AM
knowledge knowledge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 162
Re: Will I learn German language?

Wow the duolingo is fun @ Everqueen
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 10-06-2021, 12:26 PM
The Everqueen The Everqueen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 128
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
so your logic is everyone who asks a question about a language, will get merc to rule?
your logic MAKES no sense! Becuase linguistic 3rd house is inner house under a horizon meaning it is inner not outer. a person is asking about learning a FOREIGN LANGUAGE. 9th house issue.

At what point did I say that EVERY question would get Mercury? I didn’t. It made sense to me in context to the 5H learning for pleasure. My logic to you might not make sense but at least my sentences do. You just immediately attacked the thought behind Mercury ruling languages because you couldn’t find it in the book and then proceeded to belittle me with your arguments. I don’t need to prove myself to the likes of you. I learned horary 20 years ago with John Frawley and on occasion still get things wrong – it’s not against the law! Even Lilly did. Which by the way, a planet heading into combustion is the worst thing that can happen to a planet, so the Moon heading into the Sun when it doesn’t give the answer to the question is NOT a good thing.

"God you're so patronising! "
Laughs hysterically

Don't hurt yourself.

" Do you realise that a child doesn't have a 'reason' to learn their mother tongue - they can't get away from the fact. "
There are PLENTY of kids who were born in Germany who do not speak German.

Yes there are and probably from other backgrounds where German is NOT their first language.

Your argument MAKES 0 sense btw. Here in the US, we have plenty of kids who were born in the US who do not speak english at all because they lived in spanish neighborhoods and etc. I had 2 classmates like that in HS. I have no idea how they passed through Jr HS. Australia is known for that. A child is born somewhere in the rural tribal area doesnt speak english. You can check out quora for some interestng findings.

I live in London. I am fully aware of immigrants not speaking the language. You are mixing two issues. Immigrants and language learners who WANT to learn a language. We all know people that live in countries who don’t bother to learn the language.

"Native German speakers get the cases wrong too, just like English speakers get things grammatically wrong. I've heard German speakers drop the indefinite article if it's just one word being used."
yeah and? this is normal. we get sloppy once we master a language. Then throw in slang terms it becomes something else.

Pure assumption. You have got sloppy. Not everyone gets sloppy once they know something – only ‘some’ people. Personally, I wouldn’t go around on forums, throwing my weight around with badly constructed sentences implying other people are stupid.

Ja! because they get cases wrong. That's NORMAL even for native Germans.
Not everyone remembers masculine, feminine and neuter endings and common stuff like (time, locations, trees, flowers, cardinal numbers, and etc) to determine the if they should use "der", "das" or "die". I speak German.

I hope you speak it better than you write English.

Hell, we ***** up with "an, the, a" all the time as well.

No 'we' don’t.

and btw WE HAVE a chart about a learning a language
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?p=968031

https://www.horoscopejoy.com/the-9th...time-to-learn/

Oh the Gods have spoken - thank you!

A child has a reason to learn or not learn. For example, I lived in the area where people spoke 3 languages + 1 learned one in school (french, spanish, english or german - pick your class). LOL 1 of them is native, we had to learn it in school too. Did I speak it? HELL NO! Was it common to speak the regional language? yep esp in suburbs. It was my choice not to. I cannot remember literally anything. Yeah i was my choice not to speak it.

Again, you are talking about older kids, learning second + languages. If someone doesn’t have a ‘need’ or a 'want' to learn then they’re not going to. You clearly didn’t feel the need to as is your want. Rarely do kids learn a language fluently at school – that’s fluent as in functional. You can ‘learn’ it for three years and come out not speaking a word but it is entirely possible to be functional in a foreign language within three months – if you want to. Your first language is learned entirely differently from birth and is automatic, unless there is something wrong with an individual no one grows up NOT speaking a language.

I don’t know why you feel the need to be so argumentative on here. It’s supposed to be a learning forum. Your word isn’t God. I’m more than happy to be wrong with something – that’s how you learn at the end of the day – from mistakes. and looking at things from someone else's perspective without getting shirty about it. Same with language learning, you don’t have to be right all the time.


I hope the querent will update which doesnt happen here often.

I wonder why?!
Tik
Everything doesn't always have to be an argument just for you to show how clever you think you are. You have a very off-hand way of expressing yourself that always sounds combative. I don't come here to be attacked for expressing my thinking over something in the process of trying to help someone figure something out. There are many ways to skin a cat - as William Lilly evidently shows. Peace!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 10-06-2021, 05:44 PM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,726
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Everqueen View Post
Everything doesn't always have to be an argument just for you to show how clever you think you are. You have a very off-hand way of expressing yourself that always sounds combative. I don't come here to be attacked for expressing my thinking over something in the process of trying to help someone figure something out. There are many ways to skin a cat - as William Lilly evidently shows. Peace!
your original approach to this horary makes no logical sense.
that is all i am saying.
no one is attacking you personally. I am attacking your "approach".
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 10-08-2021, 09:52 PM
The Everqueen The Everqueen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 128
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikana View Post
your original approach to this horary makes no logical sense.
that is all i am saying.
no one is attacking you personally. I am attacking your "approach".
It was just a 'thought' at no point did I say it was 'the way' to do it - it made sense to me if it was a hobby but we won't go there again - still ended up with the same answer anyway! So a load of fuss for nothing!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 10-08-2021, 10:00 PM
The Everqueen The Everqueen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 128
Re: Will I learn German language?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge View Post
Danke Ever queen doods at home cannot teach me German cos they are not that type " teachers ". first of all they have no patience. They all busy bees in their own worlds.


I have found this "German with Laura" her way of teaching is very understandable as if it is customised for me.

Thanks for the recommendations I will have a look
They can teach you inadvertently - just listen to them speaking, much easier to learn something in context than in a book really. If you need a tutor, iTalki is a good site to find one. The Community Tutors are a lot cheaper than the regular ones and finding one you get along with will make all the difference too.

Another site to check out is DW.com - There is a lot of information on there as well as lots of different courses that are free.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
german, language, learn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.