Will I be denied?

jascole7

(A lot is going on in my life at the moment, hence the frequent threads). My doctor put me on a medical leave from work due to severe anxiety. This was 3 weeks ago, and the disability company still hasn’t made a decision about my claim. I’m worried it will be denied, which means I won’t get paid for all the time I’ve been gone. I keep having very vivid dreams that it’s approved, but that might be wishful thinking. Based on my chart, does it look like they will deny the claim? Thank you.

EDIT: my own interpretation is that it will be approved..L1 in H10 with positive aspect to moon, L8 in its own house, or Jupiter (also ruler of Pisces) applying to me as the sun

Attachments

• FF6C88F7-232D-40F9-971E-9ED58117BD1F.jpg
    FF6C88F7-232D-40F9-971E-9ED58117BD1F.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

obsidianmineral

(A lot is going on in my life at the moment, hence the frequent threads). My doctor put me on a medical leave from work due to severe anxiety. This was 3 weeks ago, and the disability company still hasn’t made a decision about my claim. I’m worried it will be denied, which means I won’t get paid for all the time I’ve been gone. I keep having very vivid dreams that it’s approved, but that might be wishful thinking. Based on my chart, does it look like they will deny the claim? Thank you.

EDIT: my own interpretation is that it will be approved..L1 in H10 with positive aspect to moon, L8 in its own house, or Jupiter (also ruler of Pisces) applying to me as the sun

Trying to cautiously read your chart. The Sun represents you and is about to reach its point of most power as it's applying to the MC by conjunction. This does not mean things will be perfected, rather, that the point where you interfere most with matters is to come, which is to deny that it has passed already.

The Sun is peregrine, which is to say that it is of little to no strength essentially. You, the querent, are not inherently capable of solving your problem. There is no inherent quality such as a degree or job title that could help you solve things. However, circumstances have put you in a favorable position.

When planets lack essential dignity, they're more likely to be influenced by accidental factors, such as aspects with planets/fixed stars or by house position, collection of light, translation of light, reception, etc. So, this would imply that circumstances and things will be inclined to turn out how other planetary bodies might indicate.

The Moon is regarded as very important in horary astrology. It's in its detriment so this is bad for the chart as a whole. It's applying to Saturn by conjunction which is said to be a great impediment. While there is a reception between your ruler, Sun, and your cosignificator, Moon, it indicates that you abstractly receive yourself by your circumstances. What you represent to yourself and to others is received within you. There is an agreement between what you think emotionally comforts you and what your will is. Your intentions to claim what you think you deserve are comforting to you.

My answer is that perhaps they will not approve of your claim. Hope I'm wrong, wish you luck.

jascole7

Trying to cautiously read your chart. The Sun represents you and is about to reach its point of most power as it's applying to the MC by conjunction. This does not mean things will be perfected, rather, that the point where you interfere most with matters is to come, which is to deny that it has passed already.

The Sun is peregrine, which is to say that it is of little to no strength essentially. You, the querent, are not inherently capable of solving your problem. There is no inherent quality such as a degree or job title that could help you solve things. However, circumstances have put you in a favorable position

Thank you for your response. You said circumstances have put me in a favorable position. Can you please elaborate on this as far as how it could (or if it will) help me in this situation?

tikana

Its interesting that venus is void
Sun on mh
Moon conj saturn

I m cautiously saying yes since sun is in power and venus gives generocitu towards sun but no aspects bother me

Update pl

muchacho

So your question is basically "Will I win this case?" with your current employer as opponent and this disability company as the judge, did I get this right?

jascole7

So your question is basically "Will I win this case?" with your current employer as opponent and this disability company as the judge, did I get this right?

Yes I would say so, however my employer has no involvement with the decision whatsoever. It’s a short-term disability claim with a major insurance company, and the company makes the decision based on information given to them by my doctor explaining why the leave is necessary.

muchacho

Yes I would say so, however my employer has no involvement with the decision whatsoever. It’s a short-term disability claim with a major insurance company, and the company makes the decision based on information given to them by my doctor explaining why the leave is necessary.
Okay, that's different. Then there are only 2 parties involved instead of 3. Its only between you and the insurance company and the question is basically "Will we strike a deal?" or "Will they pay me the money?", does this sound about right now?

jascole7

Okay, that's different. Then there are only 2 parties involved instead of 3. Its only between you and the insurance company and the question is basically "Will we strike a deal?" or "Will they pay me the money?", does this sound about right now?

Yes that’s right

muchacho

Based on applying aspects, there should be a deal. But based on receptions, they may have no intention to even strike a deal (or see no reason to strike a deal). Based on essential dignities, you are in a very weak position, they are in a very strong position. Moon is in fall and Sun (L1) peregrine, Saturn (L7) in own sign. Based on accidental dignities, you have the advantage, but I don't think that matters here, because they are in charge. Since essential dignities also show intentions and motivations or moral soundness/justification, this lack of essential dignity of your significators could mean that your claim is questionable or even baseless. So I don't see this end well. L1 exalting Moon may be the wishful thinking you've mentioned.

jascole7

Based on applying aspects, there should be a deal. But based on receptions, they may have no intention to even strike a deal (or see no reason to strike a deal). Based on essential dignities, you are in a very weak position, they are in a very strong position. Moon is in fall and Sun (L1) peregrine, Saturn (L7) in own sign. Based on accidental dignities, you have the advantage, but I don't think that matters here, because they are in charge. Since essential dignities also show intentions and motivations or moral soundness/justification, this lack of essential dignity of your significators could mean that your claim is questionable or even baseless. So I don't see this end well. L1 exalting Moon may be the wishful thinking you've mentioned.

Initially they didn’t have enough information from my doctor to approve the claim and the insurance case manager intended on just closing/denying it since they hadn’t got any new paperwork...I wonder if that’s what can also be seen in the chart?

muchacho

Initially they didn’t have enough information from my doctor to approve the claim and the insurance case manager intended on just closing/denying it since they hadn’t got any new paperwork...I wonder if that’s what can also be seen in the chart?
Okay that makes a lot of sense in terms of receptions and dignities. You see, L7 is indifferent toward L1 (no reception) and has an aversion to your co-significator the Moon (detriment). L7 in own sign, so they are fully confident and justified in what they are doing. L1 peregrine and the Moon in detriment, you are somewhat lacking that kind of confidence and justification. And you seem to be well aware of that too.

Also, no positive receptions between L1 and L8, the Moon even in fall of L8 and L8 in fall of Moon. So you have an aversion to the money you hope to receive, maybe you think that you may not deserve it (Moon doesn't like Moon). At the same time L1 exalting Moon, so you (or your doctor) may be overstating your case. So you've got some split energy going on here.

The missing paperwork issue makes sense in terms of accidental dignities, Saturn is seriously debilitated here (opposite its joy, basically not moving at all and retrograde, i.e. moving into the wrong direction), which means whoever Saturn represents cannot act right now (or only in a very restrained way) or is not eager to act.

Did you eventually hand over the necessary paperwork? I am thinking that the Moon could actually represent that paperwork (the anxiety case). Because the Moon seems to be the problem here (in terms of receptions) and could also be the solution (in terms of aspects).

jascole7

Okay that makes a lot of sense in terms of receptions and dignities. You see, L7 is indifferent toward L1 (no reception) and has an aversion to your co-significator the Moon (detriment). L7 in own sign, so they are fully confident and justified in what they are doing. L1 peregrine and the Moon in detriment, you are somewhat lacking that kind of confidence and justification. And you seem to be well aware of that too.

Also, no positive receptions between L1 and L8, the Moon even in fall of L8 and L8 in fall of Moon. So you have an aversion to the money you hope to receive, maybe you think that you may not deserve it (Moon doesn't like Moon). At the same time L1 exalting Moon, so you (or your doctor) may be overstating your case. So you've got some split energy going on here.

The missing paperwork issue makes sense in terms of accidental dignities, Saturn is seriously debilitated here (opposite its joy, basically not moving at all and retrograde, i.e. moving into the wrong direction), which means whoever Saturn represents cannot act right now (or only in a very restrained way) or is not eager to act.

Did you eventually hand over the necessary paperwork? I am thinking that the Moon could actually represent that paperwork (the anxiety case). Because the Moon seems to be the problem here (in terms of receptions) and could also be the solution (in terms of aspects).

Yes, the paperwork was sent in by my doctors office about a week after the insurance company requested it, which is why my case manager was about to close the claim since so much time had passed. The paperwork they sent seemed rushed to me and didn’t really do much to vouch for me, in my opinion. I believe that could explain your interpretation since I wouldn’t really think I was deserving of the money/disability benefits as a decision-maker based on what my doctors office sent.

muchacho

Yes, the paperwork was sent in by my doctors office about a week after the insurance company requested it, which is why my case manager was about to close the claim since so much time had passed. The paperwork they sent seemed rushed to me and didn’t really do much to vouch for me, in my opinion. I believe that could explain your interpretation since I wouldn’t really think I was deserving of the money/disability benefits as a decision-maker based on what my doctors office sent.
Okay, then your doctors office is the problem here which explains the debilities (Moon). The insurance company is in good dignity, so they seem well-intentioned and also seem to have their act together. They are indifferent to L1 (you) but don't like the Moon (your doctors office). This makes a lot of sense now.

There's an upcoming conjunction between Moon (paperwork, doctor) and Saturn (insurance company). So this could mean they send more paperwork soon (probably have already sent as of now). And there's also an upcoming opposition between L1 and L8 some time later which means you may receive the money, but since it is an opposition, it may come with a lot of struggle/effort that it may make the gain questionable in comparison.

So I think if you want to do something pro-active about this situation, you should see that your doctors office get their act together. You thought too highly of them (L1 exalting Moon).

Last edited:

jascole7

Okay, then your doctors office is the problem here which explains the debilities (Moon). The insurance company is in good dignity, so they seem well-intentioned and also seem to have their act together. They are indifferent to L1 (you) but don't like the Moon (your doctors office). This makes a lot of sense now.

There's an upcoming conjunction between Moon (paperwork, doctor) and Saturn (insurance company). So this could mean they send more paperwork soon (probably have already sent as of now). And there's also an upcoming opposition between L1 and L8 some time later which means you may receive the money, but since it is an opposition, it may come with a lot of struggle/effort that it may make the gain questionable in comparison.

So I think if you want to do something pro-active about this situation, you should see that your doctors office get their act together. You thought too highly of them (L1 exalting Moon).

This is all making a LOT of sense to me, especially about the gain being questionable. Most people know their claim status in 3-5 days, but next Friday will make four weeks due to the delay with my doctor. Needless to say, the process has caused me more anxiety than just staying at work. Thank you so much, hopefully they’ll make a decision by Tuesday. I will definitely update.

jascole7

UPDATE: They closed/denied my claim. I was correct in believing the paperwork they sent was insufficient. The first round of paperwork was general and the insurance company needed more information to substantiate the medical leave, so they requested additional forms. Instead of sending better information, they basically sent the same thing as before. The case manager said I have the option to appeal but my doctors office will need to send the specific information they have requested in order for my case to be reviewed again. It would probably work, BUT I really don’t think it’s worth the effort.

muchacho

UPDATE: They closed/denied my claim. I was correct in believing the paperwork they sent was insufficient. The first round of paperwork was general and the insurance company needed more information to substantiate the medical leave, so they requested additional forms. Instead of sending better information, they basically sent the same thing as before. The case manager said I have the option to appeal but my doctors office will need to send the specific information they have requested in order for my case to be reviewed again. It would probably work, BUT I really don’t think it’s worth the effort.
Thanks for your update. Looks like things unfolded exactly as expected. At least now you know that your gut feeling was right.

jascole7

Thanks for your update. Looks like things unfolded exactly as expected. At least now you know that your gut feeling was right.

UPDATE #2: The strangest thing happened..even though my claim got denied, my company compensated me anyway??? I work for a large auto insurance company so it could be a case of lazy payroll, but this shouldn’t have happened since my employer is told to wait for claim approval before issuing any payment. Anyway, needless to say I’m elated for the time being (they may or may not catch the mistake) and will provide my final update for you all once the appeal process is complete.

muchacho

UPDATE #2: The strangest thing happened..even though my claim got denied, my company compensated me anyway??? I work for a large auto insurance company so it could be a case of lazy payroll, but this shouldn’t have happened since my employer is told to wait for claim approval before issuing any payment. Anyway, needless to say I’m elated for the time being (they may or may not catch the mistake) and will provide my final update for you all once the appeal process is complete.
Haha, awesome! Remember, there's an applying aspect by opposition between L1 and L8.